My own language - Questions

Started by Aysok, November 09, 2010, 11:50:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aysok

Hello everybody!  I have created my own language that is somewhat based off of na'vi.  But!  I have no website or anything to store the information.  I would really like to put it on a free website of somesorts.  Could one of you direct me to a website that I can create my own free website to store it on? Thanks!

If you would like some information on the language, just ask and I can post some.
Also, Im not sure If I posted this in the right section so sorry if I did.
-Ngopyu Aysok

Ekirä

Don't know if it's what you're looking for, but Blogger is simple, free and pretty customizable.

www.blogger.com

Aysok

-Ngopyu Aysok

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Ekirä on November 09, 2010, 11:59:52 AM
Don't know if it's what you're looking for, but Blogger is simple, free and pretty customizable.

www.blogger.com

Yeah. this is good. a Free blog is a good place for what you wanna do: store and display info.

Not 100% sure this is the best place for this thread either... This board is for introducing and discussing projects which are to be used to aid in the learning, practicing, and communicating via the Na'vi language.

Aysok

Thought so, I didn't really know which board to use though so please move.

Also, the blogger is perfect.  Although I think I might need a place on the site to store a dictionary. Advise me on how to do so, or if its not posible to have that.
-Ngopyu Aysok

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Aysok on November 09, 2010, 12:22:59 PM

Also, the blogger is perfect.  Although I think I might need a place on the site to store a dictionary. Advise me on how to do so, or if its not posible to have that.

Well, the way we do it is to just keep updating the pdf that the button on the main LN page links to. you could make a PDF similar to Taronyu's and keep updating the blog post containing the dictionary. tedious, but i cant think of a better way. If you have access to a database of a similar type as Eana Eltu, its even less tedious.

Is this General Discussion worthy? possibly Linguistics subforum. i saw a thread about linguistics blogs in there...moved.

Ekirä

Quote from: Aysok on November 09, 2010, 12:22:59 PM

Not exactly sure what you're looking for, but you can just put the dictionary into a post as text. Here you can see what it would look like on my tester blog, http://randommiscblog.blogspot.com/, I just pasted Taronyu's dictionary into a post, so it looks a little weird but you can see the format. And you can always edit a post to put in new words.....

wm.annis

There is also a freely usable wiki intended just for conlang projects, Frath.net.

Nyx

Do tell us when you have some info somewhere, I'm curious :)