General Discussion > Linguistics

Na’vi through different clans

<< < (2/3) > >>

Tirea Aean:
I would expect dialects, but perhaps the variation is no more than that between UK vs. US English as most extreme.

Ertew:
I think that ToV transfer memories as particular feelings rather than words, but so far we can't be sure about this.

Back to topic, there have to be dialects but I also expect something like English - slight different US, UK or Australia. Nothing more.

Toliman:

--- Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 16, 2018, 01:33:59 pm ---I would expect dialects, but perhaps the variation is no more than that between UK vs. US English as most extreme.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Ertew on December 16, 2018, 02:26:25 pm ---Back to topic, there have to be dialects but I also expect something like English - slight different US, UK or Australia. Nothing more.

--- End quote ---
Sure just this, nothing like as chinese dialects ;D

Vawmataw:
I don't think that an Omatikaya will connect with someone on the other side of the world via the Tree of Voices.
That same person would live in a more or less different reality and will therefore develop sayings according to their environment, so I would not be surprised to see closely related languages and dialects.

But anyway, since it's a movie, it wouldn't be impossible for James Cameron to say "All Pandorans speak Na'vi, period."

Toliman:

--- Quote from: Vawmataw on December 16, 2018, 02:50:23 pm ---But anyway, since it's a movie, it wouldn't be impossible for James Cameron to say "All Pandorans speak Na'vi, period."

--- End quote ---
Yeah, this!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version