New language concept

Started by 'Awpo, December 03, 2010, 10:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Awpo

Kaltxì ma eylan,

I was thinking about creating a new language using only growling/horsey sounds like this one.
Is anybody willing to help me out with it? Or can anyone think of a language consisting of those sounds already?

'Awpo

Txo tìnusìnìl eo nga txopu seyki ngati
Ulte tìnusìn uo nga tìsraw seyki
Nìn nìhay ngati
Taweyk oel tayok tsatseng fpi nga.

:Perdozimat Tízavani widahan droh perdozan. Zihe nas perdozan fate Click;3

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Wow, this looks really interesting :D

Unfortunately I don't know of any existing language that contains such a sound, but if ever you do go on with this project and achieve it, I'm sure your language is going to be very cool and original, in any case!

Etrìpa syayvi :)

'Awpo

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on December 03, 2010, 12:10:46 PM
Wow, this looks really interesting :D

Unfortunately I don't know of any existing language that contains such a sound, but if ever you do go on with this project and achieve it, I'm sure your language is going to be very cool and original, in any case!

Etrìpa syayvi :)

Well thank you! I couldn't think of such a language either :P And I really wanted to make a new language as different as that :P

Nìn nìhay ngati

Plumps

Well, the ›weirdest‹ language with unusual sounds for me is Dritok by Don Boozer, which I was reminded of a bit by your sound sample ;)

http://kryslan.pbworks.com/w/page/6799535/Dritok (his web site)
http://inthelandofinventedlanguages.com/index.php?page=languages&id=498 (incl. audio)

There is also a video at the Language Creation Society: http://podcast.conlang.org/2009/02/dritok-the-sound-of-no-voice-speaking/ ... just amazing :D

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Quote from: Plumps on December 03, 2010, 12:47:39 PM
http://inthelandofinventedlanguages.com/index.php?page=languages&id=498 (incl. audio)

Oh my god, this is INSANE :D I have difficulties imagining a human can do all these unbelievable sounds. Totally great (:

Ma 'Awpo, were you thinking to do something just as.. unusual as this? :)

'Awpo

Quote from: Plumps on December 03, 2010, 12:47:39 PM
http://inthelandofinventedlanguages.com/index.php?page=languages&id=498

I LOVE IT! I think I will learn it if I'm able to :P But it was not exactly what I had in mind, I was thinking of a more growly language with all kinds of "back-throat" sounds.

Nìn nìhay ngati

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Well then, concerning back-throat sounds, do you mean like in German 'Nacht' or in Swedish 'själv'?

'Awpo

The German 'Nacht' comes close... But I'd like to have it with more of a na'vi 'rr' combined with the German 'ch'...
I hope I'm not being to vague :P

Nìn nìhay ngati

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

I just tried combining both together aloud, and it sounds EPIC :D I wish I had more free-time, so I could help you out with your language :(

Plumps

Glad you liked it :D

Ma 'Awpo, sound definitely intriguing! If you're interested in back consonents you could also have a look at some sounds in Klingon, they are rather hard for my taste but some of them are produced fairly deep down in the throat ... could be of interest as a starting point

'Awpo

Quote from: Plumps on December 03, 2010, 04:18:29 PM

Ma 'Awpo, sound definitely intriguing! If you're interested in back consonents you could also have a look at some sounds in Klingon, they are rather hard for my taste but some of them are produced fairly deep down in the throat ... could be of interest as a starting point

Well, as I am from the Netherlands, it shouldn't be too hard to use the eauropean g/ch sounds which is pretty backthroaty already :P So is anybody willing to help? I will make a little start by myself already :P

Nìn nìhay ngati

eejmensenikbenhet

Quote from: 'Awpo on December 03, 2010, 07:17:17 PM
Quote from: Plumps on December 03, 2010, 04:18:29 PM

Well, as I am from the Netherlands, it shouldn't be too hard to use the eauropean g/ch sounds which is pretty backthroaty already :P So is anybody willing to help? I will make a little start by myself already :P
Ik kan je helpen... Maar (ik waarschuw je alvast) ik spreek met een zachte g ;)
Haha. PM me maar als je mijn hulp wil.

'Awpo

I'm back on this little project people, although I didn't do much on it... I decided to pick it up again after reading this. It's about a possibility of a lost Saurian civilization. And as far as the movies about dinosaurs I've seen are concerned, dinosaurs make a lot of guttural growls.

So, again I will take off with this and will complete it this time! Anybody got some tips for me how to work on two conlangs at the same time without letting one influence the other one too much? Because I'm still working on Xsaan which sounds extremey different ;D

Nìn nìhay ngati