The 50 Weirdest Languages

Started by Tìtstewan, February 11, 2014, 09:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tìtstewan

The 50 Weirdest Languages [Infographic] by the team at ESL.co.uk

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Stranger Come Knocking

Furby...*shudder* Those things...they only mean death...
I will not die for less
I dug my grave in this
Will I go before I fall
Or live to slight the odds?

These are my books.  You should check it out.  Speculative sci-fi murder mystery historical fiction.

Herwìna

I'm flabbergasted that there are two closely related Celtic languages on the list? Also it seems like a lot of the languages on the list are there only on account of being extinct or near to it? To be fair weirdness is a subjective thing though. And the graphic is pretty.
Siyevop nga nìzawnong ayukmì, vaykrr oengeyä mefya'o ultxaräpun fìtsap nìmun.

Oe zawng
nga zawng
nìwotx awnga zawng
fte oeti zeykivawng

Ngal yamom fì'ut srak?!

Mesireatu

Yes, interesting list, but not up-to-date.. Na'vi has over 2000 words now..
Varför minns jag alla dåliga vitsar, men glömmer alla infix i Na'vi?? ???
Why do I remember all bad jokes, but forget all the infixes in Na'vi?? :-[

Jag älskar dig, Sara L!!
Nga yawne lu oer, Sara L!!

Kiyevame Ikran

How would you talk with someone with HTML and BASIC Language?
Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Stranger Come Knocking on February 11, 2014, 03:59:00 PM
Furby...*shudder* Those things...they only mean death...
HRH! ;D

Quote from: Herwìna on February 11, 2014, 05:50:33 PM
I'm flabbergasted that there are two closely related Celtic languages on the list? Also it seems like a lot of the languages on the list are there only on account of being extinct or near to it? To be fair weirdness is a subjective thing though. And the graphic is pretty.
Of course it subjective. Some of these language are indeed on the way to die (Lemerig, Ura etc). :(

Quote from: Il Sogno Viandante on February 12, 2014, 06:23:35 AM
Yes, interesting list, but not up-to-date.. Na'vi has over 2000 words now..
It depends which word is counted. Only root words or words which could be created productiverly by affixes.

Quote from: Kiyevame Ikran on February 12, 2014, 07:28:59 AM
How would you talk with someone with HTML and BASIC Language?
Technically, html, basic and other programming languages are also languages...

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Kiyevame Ikran

I know...I learn programming language too

I think Na'vi language was translated into 18 languages now...not 10
Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random-Random

Txur’Itan

This infographic is an amazing little summary of languages.  ;D
私は太った男だ。

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Although the programming languages listed are indeed languages in their own sense, they are not languages normally used for ordinary communication. If they wanted to list a truly weird language that is written like a programming language, but intended for ordinary communication, they should have included Lojban.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Mesireatu

Kaltxì ma Kiyevame Ikran!
Oel kameie ngati! What do you mean? Na'vi is a language on it'ts own! So how can you translate it? Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu
Varför minns jag alla dåliga vitsar, men glömmer alla infix i Na'vi?? ???
Why do I remember all bad jokes, but forget all the infixes in Na'vi?? :-[

Jag älskar dig, Sara L!!
Nga yawne lu oer, Sara L!!

Kiyevame Ikran

Quote from: Il Sogno Viandante on February 28, 2014, 01:34:32 AM
Kaltxì ma Kiyevame Ikran!
Oel kameie ngati! What do you mean? Na'vi is a language on it'ts own! So how can you translate it? Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu

ngaytxoa, oel ke tslolam

Tìtstewan

Programming languages are, of course, not like natural languages, but for example this forum is based on php and html which make it understandable for us - as a language do. :)

Kiyevame Ikran

Ricardo

English one of the hardest languages to learn?
Not really.

Tìtstewan

I guess, it depens... For a German or French learner it is not really difficult.
But English pronounciation... ::) (ok French as well...)