Ukrainian
Klingon
Na'vi
Elvish
Esperanto
other (rutxe piveng)

Unilfwewyu

Kaltxì!

I am posting this poll to know which language everybody speaks. Notice you are allowed to check as many languages as you wish. This is for the case where many people speak many languages :).

The last few are just for fun, out of curiosity. Please give me a shout if I forgot any language. (I do not know if I may change the poll.)

I would like you to post afterwards to tell us which language you speak fluently and which ones you can understand, learning, etc...

Irayo!

Unilfwewyu

As for myself, I speak English and French fluently.

I can understand Spanish, although don't speak it much and am learning Na'vi ;D
Oel ngati kameie.

I live in a world where dreams are controlled by others, not by yourself. I live in a world where people choose what you become, and you have no choice whatsoever. This will change. My dreams will become reality. And that, my friends, is a promise.

Niwantaw

english = well i live in england and was born here in england so i guess i can just about speak it

german = done 3 years of it and can pick up a fair bit but can't realy hold a conversation in it

Na'vi = can't speak enough for it to count but can read it (a little)
Only mostly AWOL.

Hawnuyu atxen

Hungarian: native
English: i believe i can speak it a little... have to convince my teacher too :P
French: even i don't believe i can speak it ;)... but my teacher does... strange
Na'vi: i'm here to be able to speak it ;)
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Txuraeyktan

English: native but i still dont use grammer ;D
Spanish: learning for past 2 years
na'vi: barely any trying to memorize
These guys are in the ER Click to save them!

Tsamsiyu92

Norwegian: Native, makes pronouncing Na'vi easy.
English: Second language, I am at least decent.
German: Yeah, below decent.
Na'vi: I'm here to learn it.lol

Txewì

I live in the Netherlands, so Dutch is my native language, though I am at least as fluent in English (probably because I use English at least as much, though probably much more, as I use Dutch; and English is as a language just a much more useful since so many people speak it, unlike Dutch, which is a grammatical nightmare and has relatively few speakers).
I can also understand French and German to some extend (and can often make out some things in languages related to any of these), and well, I wouldn't be on this forum if I wasn't learning Na'vi :)

HTML_Earth

I grew up on The Faroe Islands, speaking Faroese and Danish. Everyone there knows Danish.
I then moved to Denmark when I was about 8, and by the time we started learning English in school, I was already fairly good at it. (due to TV, videogames and the Internet.)
Right now, I'm learning German in school and Na'vi right here.

Oh yeah, and I'm also half polish, so I know some basic things like "hello", "thanks", "sorry", "yes", "no" and so on. (But I can't spell those words.)

Amaya

English is my first language so I'm quite fluent ;)

I'm Canadian so I had French up to grade 11, although I don't use it much

I took 2 years of Irish (An Gaeilge) in University, although once again I use it little enough that I probably couldn't construct anything but a basic sentence without a bit of refresher

I also took Japanese at University, and I watch enough anime to keep my comprehension level decent, although my speaking level is lower mostly due to shyness and an inability to remember words when I need to

I studied Middle Egyptian (not on your list ;D) in University, although one cannot truly be said to "speak" it due to the fact that nobody actually knows for sure what it sounds like

I have a smattering of Quenya (Elvish) due to my lifelong obsession with Tolkein

I'm working on expanding my presently-small-but-growing Na'vi knowledge.  Is why I'm here, after all  8)

So yeah... me+languages=<3

Oh yeah, and I'm in a medical field, so I speak Medical Terminology.  Anyone in medicine will understand when I say that REALLY is a language all its own.

kewnya txamew'itan

I am a native English speaker so that's on my list.

I'm conversant in Spanish, I have a reasonable degree of fluency (I can do casual smalltalk but not lengthy debates) as, with a lot of it, I no longer need to translate it to respond (and that isn't just having memorised responses to oral questions). I'm quite proud of my Spanish actually. I've been studying it for four years in school now with an average of an hour and half every school week plus a few holidays to Spain.

I did speak some French but, despite having learnt it for about four years longer than Spanish, I never liked it and never got any degree of fluency (although I was good).

Obviously I speak Na'vi which is my first (and so far only) conlang.

Next on my language learning list are (order depends on when modsRule becomes active here) Lojban and Danish (Danish is first if he doesn't get active soon, otherwise Lojban).
Internet Acronyms Nìna'vi

hamletä tìralpuseng lena'vi sngolä'eiyi. tìkangkem si awngahu ro
http://bit.ly/53GnAB
The translation of Hamlet into Na'vi has started! Join with us at http://bit.ly/53GnAB

txo nga new oehu pivlltxe nìna'vi, nga oer 'eylan si mì fayspuk (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)
If you want to speak na'vi to me, friend me on facebook (http://bit.ly/bp9fwf)

numena'viyä hapxì amezamkivohinve
learnnavi's

Neykun

English is my native language.  I took two years of Spanish at school but two years have passed since and I don't think I remember enough to say too much, not to mention I wasn't very good at it anyway.. though for a short while I would involuntarily think in Spanish every once in a while. that was weird.  As for Na'vi.. uhh, well I know my two letter words pretty darn well.  As a few others have already said, I'm here to learn it :P
~insert awesome signature here~

Txantslusam Skxawng

Damn! I forgot to click on Na'vi!
But my native languege is Dutch, its like Txewì said
Quote from: Txewì on March 29, 2010, 04:52:48 PM
Which is a grammatical nightmare and has relatively few speakers).
I speak English fluent ( mostly because of Rachet and Clank ! Videogames FTW! ) and can speak a bit German. Have learned French for two yeas, but its too difficult for me. And I know one word in russian and that is Da=Yes. I also am learning Na'vi, which is the most important!
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Eana Tanhì

Croatian - my native language
English - I can understande almost everything but I'm not so good in talking (or writing  :P)
Na'vi - working on it  ;D
Japanese - I would like to learn it

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Taronyu

@Html_Earth - I've always wanted to learn Faroese. Sounds like a pretty cool, lesser-studied variant. It's impossible to get to those islands, though. I've also wanted to learn Norn.

Right.

Native English.
Not so bad in Na'vi.
Conversational in Japanese.
I can translate Greek, Latin, and Old English with proficiency, but not without a dictionary most of the time, and certainly not at speaking ability.
I can hitch-hike in Polish, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Czech...
Fluent in Drunken scottish english.

Jairo

Native Brazilian Portuguese.
Conversational English and Esperanto.
Studying German formally right now.
Basic Latin, and maybe because of that, able to grasp most of any written romance language, except Romenian.
I'm always learning. If I write something wrong in any language, please correct me.

omängum fra'uti

This poll is most distinctly missing an option for "Bad English".  For those of us who "Only speak two languages.  English and Bad English."
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Dani

I speak German as my mothertongue, English as my second language, which I hope is quite understandable and French. I learned French in school, but that's several years past and so I can't actually speak it that much anymore, but I do understand texts or talk more or less. I do know some words in Japanese, but since that does not allow me to speak Japanese, I didn't tick it. Latin is quite the same. I attempt to learn Elvish, or at least try to make my RPG character talk Sindarin, or maybe Quenya. Since I can't really do it without searching in vocabulary lists and such, I didn't tick it. And, well, I am hear because I am interested in Na'vi, but, I cannot yet speak or write it, so I didn't tick it either.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Here is a summary of the language that I speak, since I kinda made a mess of what languages I speak

Human languages:

• Dutch
  • English
  • German ( beginner )

Alien languages:
  • Na'vi
  • Marklar

Yes, Marklar the language that was once on South Park on a different planet which was just Earth but then with a green touch! :P

Eana Tanhì

QuoteYes, Marklar the language that was once on South Park on a different planet which was just Earth but then with a green touch!
I've never heard that someone speak that language  ;D there is always a first time

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: Eana Tanhì on April 22, 2010, 10:39:00 AM
QuoteYes, Marklar the language that was once on South Park on a different planet which was just Earth but then with a green touch!
I've never heard that someone speak that language  ;D there is always a first time
Well Marklar, that's very Marklar!

Txewì

Ah, marklar! Marklar marklar that as well, but marklar marklar it hard to marklar at marklar...