Zhkang (My First Conlang) ;D

Started by Maweyatan, January 17, 2011, 12:10:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maweyatan

(The spoilers contain the respective part of the language named; think of them as drawers that are categorized by "theme".)

Vocab:
Nouns

Verbs

Adjectives

Conversation

Plural Suffixes:

Grammar
Case

Tense/Aspect Suffixes

Markers

Phonetics

Alphabet

Consonant Clusters

The language as a whole has somewhat free word order, aside from exceptions that are stated (Adjectives, clauses, etc)

*UPDATE: Added future tense suffixes.

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Oh, this seems very nice, ma Maweyatan! :D

I think your pronouns are great - they are varied but make sense at the same time. :) I also like the fact that sibling, brother and sister are similar except in regards of one letter in the middle. It's again very logical, and also pretty original (well, for my part I don't remember seeing such a thing in another language before). :) Ah, and you have a lot of cases! ;) That makes the language somehow more complex, I like that!

I would have some questions. Of course I understand that you may not want or be able to answer these questions in a near future, but just to express my thoughts! :)

· Do you plan on adding soon other things, like an example of a verb or of various useful phrases?
· What about the pronunciation? :D I'm intrigued by the zh and I also wonder if the ì is like in Na'vi!
· You say that the gender infixes are for a very limited number of words only. I'd be interested to know what kind of words exactly. ;)

Maweyatan

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on January 17, 2011, 07:19:53 AM
Oh, this seems very nice, ma Maweyatan! :D

I think your pronouns are great - they are varied but make sense at the same time. :) I also like the fact that sibling, brother and sister are similar except in regards of one letter in the middle. It's again very logical, and also pretty original (well, for my part I don't remember seeing such a thing in another language before). :) Ah, and you have a lot of cases! ;) That makes the language somehow more complex, I like that!

I would have some questions. Of course I understand that you may not want or be able to answer these questions in a near future, but just to express my thoughts! :)

· Do you plan on adding soon other things, like an example of a verb or of various useful phrases?
· What about the pronunciation? :D I'm intrigued by the zh and I also wonder if the ì is like in Na'vi!
· You say that the gender infixes are for a very limited number of words only. I'd be interested to know what kind of words exactly. ;)

• Yes, just today, I created some basic verbs and one adjective. ;D
  • Zh is like a an "sh" sound but kind of like a "j", I guess.
  • Gendered Words: Brother, Sister, Wife, Husband, Girl, Boy, and He & She (Notice the endings. ;D). I'm not sure if there would be any more for this conlang.

I shall update the first thread ASAP, as I am having an after-school snack. ;D

UPDATE: First post simplified. ;D

Tirea Aean

this is cool.

ftxvanga txe'lan, zh is a voiced fricative variant of sh, and is how the French say a J. As in Je suis.

as for ì I believe it is the same as Na'vi.

maweyatan correct me if I'm wrong. the only reason I know is cuz I ws present in much of this conlang's construction.

maweyatan would you mind pasting the alphabet beside the corresponding IPA character?

Maweyatan

Quote from: Tirea Aean on January 17, 2011, 04:01:31 PM
as for ì I believe it is the same as Na'vi.

maweyatan correct me if I'm wrong. the only reason I know is cuz I ws present in much of this conlang's construction.

maweyatan would you mind pasting the alphabet beside the corresponding IPA character?

Yes, ì is the same. ;D

And...you want me to place the alphabet? OH FUDGE! I forgot to put that in the first post...xD *will do so*

I'll also go through and place the IPA. ;D

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Oh okay, great ;D Thank you both for your precisions. The example of the French J helped me to understand the pronunciation better! :) I like the update that's been made to the first post as well, now it's very clear and well organized! :D The consonant clusters are definitely epic. :3

Maweyatan

ma Tirea, what would the plosives' IPA letters be? O.o

Also, is that what you wanted, or did you want for me to go through each word and place the next to it? :P

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Maweyatan on January 17, 2011, 04:52:14 PM
ma Tirea, what would the plosives' IPA letters be? O.o

Also, is that what you wanted, or did you want for me to go through each word and place the next to it? :P

well i wanted tihs:

a [a]
e [funny epsilon thing]
ì [I]
k [k]
p[p]

etc

Maweyatan

That's what I did, it's in the spoiler under "Phonetics -> Alphabet" ;D

UPDATE: First post is simplified even more so. ;D

I'll be making some new words soon, probably not this week/today, for I have to study for midterms. D:

Kì’onga Vul

Any reason why you chose to make [æ] nasalized?  Just for a little quirk, or do you think the sound is more interesting?  Just curious.

P.S. I looked for the symbol, but also gave up.  No "Latin Small letter Æ with Tilde" for us...
學而時習之!
Did I make an error you just can't stand to let survive?  Please, correct me!  I'll give you candy or something.

Tirea Aean

PLEASE NOTE: Some of the letters used created forum effects (italicize, underline, strikethrough, etc), therefore their bracket rights have been taken away

[nobbc][/nobbc] dude.....

Maweyatan

Maweyatan

Just an update, I added the conversational word, "Goodbye"

It is anu

KEYBOARD TIME! :D

Layout

lowercase

° 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - =
û ey e ay t y u i o p [ ] \
a s zh f ng h ì k l ; '
z ä sh v p n m , . /

UPPERCASE/Shift

~ ! @ # $ % ^ & * ( ) _ +
Û EY E AY T Y U I O P { } |
A S ZH F Ng H Ì K L : "
Z Ä SH V P N M < > ?

(Keyboard attached. ;D)

Edit: YES, I realize that there are two P's :P

Maweyatan

UPDATE

• Added Yes/No Question Marker
  • Added the verb: to love - ayum

'Oma Tirea

Nasal [æ]: [æ̃] (æ + combining tilde above)

BTW your choice of diphthongs is interesting: no diphthongs that involve a back vowel :D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Maweyatan

New Grammar Update:

Like Na'vi, I will have an attributive so adjectives are easy to see. lì'fyayä leNa'vi attributive is a, mine will be i

So, for example, to say "Happy cat", it could either be:

zìni izato
zato i zìni.

Notice that the attributive is like the Na'vi adposition, except it acts as an attributive for adjectives. The attributive can work like this:

[adjective] i [noun being described] (Separated, but the i is facing the noun that it's describing.)
AND
[noun being described] i[adjective] (Connected, with the "i" facing the noun being described)

Maweyatan

Quote from: Kì'onga Vul on January 17, 2011, 09:50:41 PM
Any reason why you chose to make [æ] nasalized?  Just for a little quirk, or do you think the sound is more interesting?  Just curious.

P.S. I looked for the symbol, but also gave up.  No "Latin Small letter Æ with Tilde" for us...

Sorry, didn't see this here.

I think that the sound is more interesting, thus I added it to the alphabet. :3

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Maweyatan on February 06, 2011, 01:05:39 PM
I think that the sound is more interesting, thus I added it to the alphabet. :3

*sunu* :D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Maweyatan

Some simple example sentences:

Are you happy? - stek zato hä?
The happy cat eats the food. - zla-zìni i-zato ve-vnûsu vnûzay.
I said to him, "The sister will give the cat to you." - zhkay ango-za azhkû, "zla-shkûzhe ve-zìni ango-stek zayo.

I placed hyphens in between case markers and their respective nouns.

Somewhat Offtopic: I am also sorry for not adding anything to the language, as I have been busy with school work (Yay for being a junior in high school...:P)

Secondly (concerns my last sentence of offtopicness of DOOOOM), I will be developing this language further in the near future. As of now, I can't really say when there will be an update. I may come up with the remaining Verb suffixes tonight, if I take the time to carefully plot out my ideas.

Thanks!

Maweyatan

UPDATE:

Included new nouns: Friend & Person