Started by Lehrrapa Swirä, June 28, 2010, 01:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lehrrapa Swirä

I was looking through some threads and I haven't seen anything about this yet, so I figured I would say something.
I was on Youtube and I saw a behind the scenes thing that showed the actors in their motion capture suits, and it was really cool, so I got to thinking, Wouldn't it be cool to see the whole movie, without special effects, but just the actors in the motion capture suits. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Pandora, and I love the detail of the characters and the whole world and all, but I thought it would be cool to see some more of the actors in their suits running around. Even just a bonus feature on the upcoming DVD would be cool. Maybe its just me.  ;D

Swoka Ikran

It'd basically be people with a MOCAP suit miming actions for most of the movie. Regardless, i'd also likely find it interesting (probably more like hilarious) to watch the whole thing that way...

Good luck following the storyline when watching it like this... :D
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Lehrrapa Swirä

It would be very hard to take seriously
;D

P.A.'li makto

QuoteI was on Youtube and I saw a behind the scenes thing that showed the actors in their motion capture suits,
I also love watching this video! I have watched it several times!

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 28, 2010, 10:16:56 AM
It'd basically be people with a MOCAP suit miming actions for most of the movie. Regardless, i'd also likely find it interesting (probably more like hilarious) to watch the whole thing that way...

Good luck following the storyline when watching it like this... :D

Sran, would seem really weird :D :P
[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Txontaw

Especially the sex scene....^.^

How would they do that with the boom cameras in front of their faces?
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Lehrrapa Swirä

QuoteEspecially the sex scene....^.^

How would they do that with the boom cameras in front of their faces?

Very, very carefully.  ;D

Lolet

I saw pictures, they looked super silly! I bet they were bumping their mikes when they tried to touch their faces!

P.A.'li makto

I don't think they needed this staff at this scene. (The camera showed them from aside.) They could get it off for a while.

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Tompa'Ivong

"peu to fwa tskxefa ayuti ska'a lu sìltsan? Tskxe a kllkxem ulte fpi nga ayuti ska'a.
—Toggo, goblin weaponsmith

P.A.'li makto

Quotelink anyone?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw-a6pqfXRs#t=2m54s
This is absolutely my #1 favourite video about the FILM!

Lehrrapa Swirä

I just watched the video.
Would love to give that camera a try. You could see the world as Pandora.  ;D
Well, a lower quality Pandora, but still lol.

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

I think I saw a seen that will be in the re release!

its around the 6 min marker.

where the na'vi are storming hells gate.  HRH that should be fun.
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Eyamsiyu

Quote from: Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan) on June 30, 2010, 01:01:23 AM
I think I saw a seen that will be in the re release!

its around the 6 min marker.

where the na'vi are storming hells gate.  HRH that should be fun.

I believe if there are any scenes in the re-release, it would be this and the Tsu-tey scene where he dies as was written in the script.

As for the video, who wouldn't want to give that a try?  Even if you weren't a fan of Avatar, that technology is just plain cool!

"... The only people that are going to have a chance to make a living playing music is the people who do exactly what they believe in ... they have to believe in this so much that they are ready to die for it." - Jojo Mayer

On indefinite leave.  Will be back periodically. Feel free to say Kaltxí: I'll get back when I can. :D

My facebook.  Please mention you are from LN if you ch

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eyamsiyu te Atxkxeftukyal Mesuteteng'itan on July 05, 2010, 05:13:44 PM
As for the video, who wouldn't want to give that a try?  Even if you weren't a fan of Avatar, that technology is just plain cool!
I'll agree that a lot of people would probably like to try something like that.

Also, for some reason I recently imagined this tech being used as a video game input device...
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

MaTe

the new Kinect for xbox will have some (basic) stuff like this. There are alot of technical problems when you can't use markers and need alot of precision using cheap webcam and desktop CPU. It's way easier when you have fixed camera, markers, alot of processing power and can adjust the movement manually in an editor before doing final render.
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...