The Avatar 3-D camera

Started by bagget00, February 01, 2010, 09:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bagget00

"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Wow! It's amazing to see how that famous camera actually work.

Thanks for the video!
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

MOUNTAINBANSHEE

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

bagget00

no prob. just looking through Youtube links to similar videos really helps find new things.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Txura Tirea

"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much." - Dr. Grace Augustine

Seze

I'm afraid to ask what one of those cameras costs...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Quote from: Seze on February 03, 2010, 11:23:43 AM
I'm afraid to ask what one of those cameras costs...

A lot probably. I'm afraid to ask the specs of those camera ;)
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Technowraith

That was a custom built camera. So i can imagine it wasn't cheap. It's revolutionary in that it films in true 3D, like stereoscopic human vision. I found that video very informative. Love behind-the-scenes stuff.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

'Itan Atxur

Lol. Wow. Old clip. Awesome find.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Eykyuan

The Camera body costs about 50000$ without lens and rig. Here you can find more info http://www.pacehd.com/. But there are already newer technologies available like Sony's single lens 3D technology where you don't have the disadvantage of syncronizing two lens systems (that syncronization can lead to artefacts when zooming or focusing and syncronization needs to be readjusted after that). It has also newer CMOS Sensors and records 240 frames per seconds per eye.

Eight

Wow. They "animate" the convergence of the eyes when following targets - that's genius. Must try that next time I do an anaglyph render.

Thanks for posting.

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

^Some one wanna scold that guy? Thats the second post I've seen from him that's been fairly profane.

But yeah, the tech they used for Avatar probably skyrocketed the production costs over what a normal humans only movie would be, just with the 3D tech alone.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

'Itan Atxur

Yeah, that's the second post like that I've seen today. We don't need that here.

Moderator, oh, moderator, where for art thou moderator.

Seabass, if your reading this, please look into this.

LearnNavi Forums:

wm.annis

Quote from: Tukru Tsamsiyu on February 06, 2010, 09:44:02 PM

There is a "report to moderator" link on posts.  Please feel free to use it.  ;)

We need a Na'vi way to say this :P

We do, change the Rep. to Mod. button to the Na'vi translation of Moderator, oh, moderator, where for art thou moderator. LOL

LearnNavi Forums:

Tsway'eion

Quote from: Kawazoe on February 06, 2010, 09:53:47 PM

We need a Na'vi way to say this :P

"ma olo'eyktan si ma olo'eyktan, peseng nga tamok ma olo'eyktan"

or something else that could signify Moderator instead of olo'eyktan. But my grammar could be wrong too...

Eaite Randjam

Back to the topic at hand, shall we?

They say that necessity is the mother of invention.  Well so is a strong will which is demonstrated so wonderfully by Cameron.  Mr. Cameron wants realistic 3D?  Okay, we'll invent a new way of shooting movies!

These technologies will no doubt evolve and become better and cheaper to make but history will point back at this movie as the major innovator of 3D movies... or at least in my opinion.

'Itan Atxur

No, this WILL be the case ^^^. I do believe you are correct. What was done here was never done before and I'd be SHOCKED if we didn't see MUCH more of it.