Flying a Banshee - A video

Started by bagget00, February 01, 2010, 09:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eaite Randjam

Well the actors knew the concept of the movie and likely had a good description of the what and where.  Also, since James had that neat virtual camera with a rendered preview they could get the visual idea of what the scenes look like.

The actors themselves probably were awed at the final product though.  Weta did a spectacular job making everything as photo realistic as possible.

Nanaki

wow it's amazing, it seems to be hard for actors, but it's really interesting !
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Mithcoriel

Quote from: Eaite Randjam on March 01, 2010, 08:26:30 AM
Well the actors knew the concept of the movie and likely had a good description of the what and where. 

Well having a concept and description of the movie isn't the same as having seen it! Sure they may occasionally have taken a peek onto the screens to see their finished characters, but I doubt they were shown the end product of every single scene. The end product had their characters with probably a lot more detail, and in front of all those spectacular pandoran backgrounds etc.
Ayoe lu aysamsiyu a plltxe "Ni" !
Aytìhawnu ayli'uyä aswok: "Ni", "Peng", si "Niiiew-wom" !

bagget00

At one point to me, it looked like they were watching a pre renderd scene inside the Hell's Gate ontrol room looking up at the monitors that are hanging from the ceiling, like when in the movie, they watched the tree being killed.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

'Itan Atxur

Quote from: Mithcoriel on March 02, 2010, 05:47:21 AM
Quote from: Eaite Randjam on March 01, 2010, 08:26:30 AM
Well the actors knew the concept of the movie and likely had a good description of the what and where. 

Well having a concept and description of the movie isn't the same as having seen it! Sure they may occasionally have taken a peek onto the screens to see their finished characters, but I doubt they were shown the end product of every single scene. The end product had their characters with probably a lot more detail, and in front of all those spectacular pandoran backgrounds etc.

Yeah, from what I've seen of this camera, it DOES show Pandora and much of the plant and animal life. Just not well animated or textured. So they DEFINITELY get the idea, but don't quite see how beautiful it is yet.

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Nanaki

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 02, 2010, 09:53:23 AM
Yeah, from what I've seen of this camera, it DOES show Pandora and much of the plant and animal life. Just not well animated or textured. So they DEFINITELY get the idea, but don't quite see how beautiful it is yet.

It's look great ;D Pandora lovers ;D
'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

'Tsamsiyu

What I'd do for one of those cameras... :P

Thinking about this makes me jump with joy as I can't wait for the sequels!
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

Quote from: Hufwe Tsamsiyu on March 02, 2010, 12:13:57 PM
What I'd do for one of those cameras... :P

Cough up about $15,000. LOL. Not the cheapest of camera systems, but they sure made the movie epic.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."

Nyve

it is really epic ^^
if I'm understanding it correctly James Cameron can film with those cameras... into the animated world of pandora.
wouldn't it be awesome to create a Na'vi for everyone you know, point the camera on them and see a super livelike Na'vi (ofc they have to wear performance capture suits in real, but imagine how cool it would be if they didn't have to wear them. you could change anyone into anything :D)

Neytiri 4 ever ^^
(signature by BlazingsNL from DeviantArt)

Seze

Quote from: Nyve on March 03, 2010, 01:05:23 PM
it is really epic ^^
if I'm understanding it correctly James Cameron can film with those cameras... into the animated world of pandora.
wouldn't it be awesome to create a Na'vi for everyone you know, point the camera on them and see a super livelike Na'vi (ofc they have to wear performance capture suits in real, but imagine how cool it would be if they didn't have to wear them. you could change anyone into anything :D)

Thats the whole point of this new technology, where actors can now control any type of character imaginable...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Nyve

QuoteThats the whole point of this new technology, where actors can now control any type of character imaginable...
I know ^^ but its awesome ^^ no more make up, no more complicated stuff to create big scenery.
just imagine Star Trek with this technology, or any average(or not average ofc ^^) Fantasy/sci-fi movie/serie...

Neytiri 4 ever ^^
(signature by BlazingsNL from DeviantArt)

bagget00

That would make things better, but only if they took around the same time and energy into making it look really good. Plus story is like another 60% of why a movie is good.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Niawve Mokri

really awesome video. Very well done. Sometimes I even picture myself flying one of those beautiful Pandoran creatures.

'Tsamsiyu

Quote from: Niawve Mokri on March 28, 2010, 11:16:32 PM
really awesome video. Very well done. Sometimes I even picture myself flying one of those beautiful Pandoran creatures.

Oh if only... :(
Tsamsiyu oe lu. Ngeyä krr lu hasey.

'There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much' - Dr. Grace Augustine

'I dreamt I was a Warrior that could bring peace... sooner or later though... you always have to wake up...'

GENERATION 20: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

Niawve Mokri

Kätsyín te Zotxekay Tsyal’itan

^Thats what lucid dreaming is for. LOL.
old gallery link?id=1831[/img]

LearnNavi Forums:
"It's not an addiction...I just need it everyday."