General Discussion > Mathematics and Statistics

General Math Discussion [moved from /intro/pics]

(1/4) > >>

Ftiafpi:
Math is important!!  >:(

Txura Rolyu:
Yes math is important, but being artistic allows the mind to create things and apply math to it to make it a real physical thing. I am sure Engineers work with artists who draw ideas out then allow the eng. to make sure it can be built srak?

Kamean:
I also don't like maths. :P

Txura Rolyu:

--- Quote from: Kamean on September 02, 2011, 02:51:55 pm ---I also don't like maths. :P

--- End quote ---

:D Same. I like music more than math.

Ftiafpi:

--- Quote from: Txura Rolyu on September 02, 2011, 02:38:30 pm ---Yes math is important, but being artistic allows the mind to create things and apply math to it to make it a real physical thing. I am sure Engineers work with artists who draw ideas out then allow the eng. to make sure it can be built srak?

--- End quote ---
Oh, I agree, but I find a balance of both is the best way to go, shunning one or the other is never good. I try to embrace both equally (though I happen to be better at math).

As for being an engineer I'd say that artistic qualities aren't really a factor in many of my designs as their mostly industrial. However, elegant solutions, thinking outside the box, and creative problem solving are definitely a big factor in being an engineer.

Plus, you can definitely find beauty in math. E=mc^2 is probably the most beautiful equation I've ever seen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version