Math/logic games

Started by 'Oma Tirea, April 04, 2012, 04:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

'Oma Tirea

There's LOTS of them out there, formal and impromptu.  So to name a few: checkers, tic-tac-toe, Freecell, chess, card games of all sorts, sudoku, and all sorts of variations of these... even word games like crosswords and Scrabble.

Even a few flash games online have some interesting logical concepts behind them.  Feel free to post links of any others you come across (mind the Spam rutxe).  Here's one (not exactly Flash, but close enough).  Feel free also to mention your favorites.

Considering people have played some of these games for generations, it's hard to call math boring, especially Game theory ;D

Finally, post your wild game ideas here for analysis ;D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Yayo

Chess. My God, how I love it.

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Better yet, let's get some sort of a logic/math game going here. Perhaps, we should add a Na'vi twist to it.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Yayo

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tsa'räni

Bit of a necro, but there is a game called Spacechem that's absolutely wonderful.  I have it for both my PC and tablet, and it's fabulous.  Should be able to try it as a demo version before buying.

Clarke

(Wow, another necro, but M&S is really quiet, so does anyone mind? :P)
Quote from: Tsa'räni on August 08, 2012, 07:53:12 PM
Bit of a necro, but there is a game called Spacechem that's absolutely wonderful.  I have it for both my PC and tablet, and it's fabulous.  Should be able to try it as a demo version before buying.
SpaceChem is amazing, and rather confusing once you get to building your own chains of factories.

Also, a similar but more complex game is Manufactoria. It's fairly similar to SpaceChem, except there's a lot more robots, and they can have coloured tags on them.