Main Menu

MSN

Started by Atanä mungeyu, February 08, 2010, 12:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atanä mungeyu

since we already have a huge skype server, one for IRC and a teamspeak, i thought maybe we could also try MSN, because not everyone has skype etc..
i hope more people will also come on MSN,
mine is: [email protected]
eywa ayngahu,
atanä mungeyu
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

nederlandse pocket guide door mij en txura tirea.

Hikyuuri

Correct me if I am wrong, but MSN is even worse than Skype in the fact that if you disconnect, in order to get back into the group chat, someone has to invite you again.  You can't just rejoin the group chat.

I used to use MSN, but I havn't in a long time, so if something is different, I don't know.

For one on one live sessions, this would work.  But, you could also connect to the IRC and open a private chat with whomever you are trying to talk to.

Official LearnNavi.org TeamSpeak 3 Server Online
TeamSpeak 3 Server Address: ts.learnnavi.org:9987
Instructions can be found HERE!

Atanä mungeyu

Quote from: Hikyuuri on February 08, 2010, 01:52:54 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but MSN is even worse than Skype in the fact that if you disconnect, in order to get back into the group chat, someone has to invite you again.  You can't just rejoin the group chat.

I used to use MSN, but I havn't in a long time, so if something is different, I don't know.

For one on one live sessions, this would work.  But, you could also connect to the IRC and open a private chat with whomever you are trying to talk to.
well, that's true, you have to get invited back(i think,haven't had group chats on MSN alot) but it could otherwise just be used for normal chats, i already have like 3 persons(from the forum) on MSN and i talk to them sometimes.
eywa ayngahu,
atanä mungeyu
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

Atan'eveng

Actually we can make a group with a single email, so everyone adds this one email address and automatically is invited to the chatroom.
I was making one now but I thought maybe I should wait for someone from the forum to make it. So I guess I'll PM Taronyu or someone else =)
Oel ngati kameie ma [you]

Atanä mungeyu

good idea! or maybe just make a group in MSN of all the people of the forum and invite people to group chats
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Atanä mungeyu on February 17, 2010, 07:47:31 AM
good idea! or maybe just make a group in MSN of all the people of the forum and invite people to group chats

If anyone would like mine, just send me a Private Message!

And i got your invite Atanä mungeyu, the first of my Na'vi MSN contacts :D
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Atanä mungeyu

Quote from: Atoki Atanyä on February 17, 2010, 08:17:31 AM
Quote from: Atanä mungeyu on February 17, 2010, 07:47:31 AM

either way, here's mine: [email protected]

don't ask. :P
i'm sorry. but i have to ask xD so why bald man?
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

Atan'eveng

;D Now I'm curious

Hikyuuri

I would HIGHY recomend that you DO NOT put your e-mail address on a public forum like this.  Eventually, a spam bot will find it, and it will do its job very well (if you don't know what that means, it will send you pointless e-mails all the time, most of which have viruses).

If someone needs/wants your e-mail address, and if you want them to have it, send it to them in a PM instead of posting it for all to see.

Official LearnNavi.org TeamSpeak 3 Server Online
TeamSpeak 3 Server Address: ts.learnnavi.org:9987
Instructions can be found HERE!

Technowraith

Quote from: Hikyuuri on February 17, 2010, 02:34:39 PM
I would HIGHY recomend that you DO NOT put your e-mail address on a public forum like this.  Eventually, a spam bot will find it, and it will do its job very well (if you don't know what that means, it will send you pointless e-mails all the time, most of which have viruses).

If someone needs/wants your e-mail address, and if you want them to have it, send it to them in a PM instead of posting it for all to see.

Definitely agree. Don't post your email publicly unless you're using a "catch-all" address like i use. I have two emails: one is a public address i use for instances like this. The other is a private address that i only tell friends and family or any contact that i feel needs it. Some forums are stricter about personal information than others. I know some forums that automatically hide email addresses if they are posted in a thread. This is to protect the poster's information as it is possible for a hacker to trace emails and then do nasty things to you via email.
See that shadow? It's the last one you're gonna see.

Tsmukan fa kxetse anawm

Lukxasì

Atoki Atanyä

Quote from: Technowraith on February 17, 2010, 08:38:09 PM
Quote from: Hikyuuri on February 17, 2010, 02:34:39 PM

Definitely agree. Don't post your email publicly unless you're using a "catch-all" address like i use. I have two emails: one is a public address i use for instances like this. The other is a private address that i only tell friends and family or any contact that i feel needs it. Some forums are stricter about personal information than others. I know some forums that automatically hide email addresses if they are posted in a thread. This is to protect the poster's information as it is possible for a hacker to trace emails and then do nasty things to you via email.

I never use that e-mail any more. I signed it up to a facebook a while back and the facebook messages got so annoying I just abandoned it. Gmail FTW.

Even so, I edited the reply. Irayo ma smukan.

:D

Quote from: Atan'eveng on February 17, 2010, 08:46:27 AM
;D Now I'm curious

One haircut was FAR too close. :P
Atoki's Guide to Learning Na'vi: Part One is Here!

Atan'eveng

oh I guess I took too long to make our group email lol
But Taronyu haven't replied yet. Anyway, we can always go to Teamspeak =)

Elektrolurch

I use both :D

msn: [email protected]
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

guest2859

[email protected]

I haven't used Messanger before, but I'm willing to.

Lukxasì

Atanä mungeyu

nice to see so many people on MSN, i already have 12 peoples xD
I haz teh DVD yaaaayy xD

brionywolf

[email protected]

I barely know any Na'Vi as I don't pick up languages easily.... so someone who is in the same boat or feels like being a tutor is greatly wanted lol.
When you add me, one condition, please write a personal message stating who you are and your account on this website... thanks

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

[email protected] here.

Anyone else got skype? I'm there as inara_jinn
To live in the past is to die in the present.

Elektrolurch

MSN: [email protected]

;)
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!