Pacific Northwest "GET SUM" meetup report.

Started by Rolyu, February 15, 2010, 02:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolyu

Date:  February 14th, 2010
Time: 3:30 to...12:30-ish am?
Cost: $11 for movie ticket, plus some food and coffee costs

Tin, Brianne, Billy, and I were all running around downtown early in the day, from about 11am.  We bought some amazing doughnuts, honey comb, grapefruit, and mandarin oranges at Pike Place, and took lots of pictures.  I'm sure Ting will send those pics to me (or post them) soon.  We went down to Federal Way to pick up Landon at 3:00pm, and then returned.  It took us a half hour, but we eventually met up with Sanmakx and kharul_karyu.  Mate arrived soon after that.  The eight of us stood around and chatted, introduced, and talked about Na'vi.  :) Go figure.  We waited for Kaiateya for a while, but gave up because she was having a hard time finding parking and we were cold, and went to the Tully's.  She found us there, and we commenced to drink coffee and chit chat until the coffee shop closed.  (6pm) At this point, we stood outside of Tully's and waited for Kaiateya who went to re-park.  (Lol I'm pickin on you in a nice way...  ;) ) When she returned, we started to make our way towards the glowing tower of Symbolic beauty that is the space needle.  It was a good walk.  Mate walks fast, but so does Landon so they had eachother to talk to.  It was drizzling, but not too cold.  I was silly and didn't bring a coat, but I had a shawl/scarf wrapped about my head and arms so it was all good.
Waiting at a stoplight, I smelled some heavenly Mexican food, and when we turned around *bam!*  There's this adorable little restaurant.  Of course we stopped in and ate.  Can't watch a 3 hr. long movie on an empty stomach, right?  After the food, we resumed our walk to the Science Center.  We got in the ticket holder's line, gave our money to Mate for the tickets, and then waited some more.  At 8pm they let us inside, and we got in another line and waited some more.  Then they let us into the theater and we sat down and waited some more.  By the way the Pac Sci Imax is a 6 story high screen.  WOW! It was amazing, and I got vertigo from the opening flying forest scene.  :D
After the movie we went out, and split up to that Mate and Kharul could give us rides back to the Market where we left our cars.  From there it was just some quick goodbyes and then driving home.

All in all a successful event.

You guys feel free to add your own back stories into this.  It's kind of told from my perspective.  :)

Let this be a lesson to the rest of you.  Pacific Northwest rocks!

Sanmäkx

Rolyu hit all the major points. Weather was typical for a Seattle winter: various degrees of persistent rainfall.

You can follow our journey on Google Maps.
A: Pike Place Market
B: Tully's Coffee
C: Mama's Mexican Kitchen (http://www.mamas.com)
D: start of the pedestrian path up to the IMAX entrance at Pacific Science Center

Way to go, Pacific Northwest, for pulling together this meet-up! I greatly enjoyed the opportunity to interact in person with other members of the LearnNavi community, as well as getting to share in the experience of beholding Avatar in true IMAX 3D. It was a lot of fun taking in the reactions of those who had not seen Avatar at that scale before. I can't wait to go again.

If you're ever in the Seattle area and feel like getting your Na'vi language on, hit me up.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

MaTe

I clicked on names on photo a few times... these clicks should have opened a PM window...

Also, Pacific IMAX was bugged. There were bugs crawling on the projector and you could see them with one eye sometimes.
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Rolyu

That was entertaining.  That one fly on Jake's face... I chased it for a while.  In my mind...

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Sanmäkx had a fancy hat, too. Don't mess with men in fedoras!
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Rolyu

Bill is my little bro by the way.

:) Hahahaha!
We do make a fabulous looking group, yeah?

Eaite Randjam

I'm so glad the meet-up went fairly well!  If my life permits, I'll try to be part of any upcoming meet-ups here in the Northwest!

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

GET SUM pictures!

MaTe and Kharul tower over you!

Roylu shuns the non forum member! (Who is her boyfriend Landon XD)

Roylu is excited to see Avatar!

Brianne, Landon, and me sitting in line!

Sanmäkx was taking a video of me! Oh noes!

Kaiatéya smiles!

Don't mess with fedora wearing gentlemen.

Kharul waits.

Me, earlier that day.

Roylu and Landon, all cute.
Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Rolyu

Tìng Eywatikìte'e

Oeri lu Eywayä 'eveng

Eaite Randjam

Coyote

Damn, wish I could have been there. I love that area.

I believe this is the largest meet-up so far as a result of this board, which is pretty cool. Does it count as a mini-con? I believe so... Pac Nor'west may be the first crew to qualify as a con! From these humble beginnings, a mighty forest shall grow, etc etc etc.  ;D

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

VIDEO LOG DAY 8:
Attempted to pee on Viperwolf to test reaction. Please see attached medical file.
WARNING: Attached medical file exceeds gigabyte limit. System failure.

Rolyu

I count this as a con.  Cause the Sakura-con started 11 years ago with a couple dozen people sitting in a room watching anime, and there's going to be over 10,000 people this year.

It can happen.

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Nume fpi sänume

Wow, those picture are awesome. I hope that at some point I get to hang out with other members from the forums like that. How badass would it be to hang out, talk, maybe order pizza and just chill, help each other with language bits. We could continue the seeming tradition and go see Avatar (In 3D of course!) :( Too bad it will be out of theaters soon. I kno there is a So. Cali group meeting up at some point, but its a bit far for me (Irvine, like a 3 hour drive for me), though there is talk for another one in LA, only an hour and a half, so much more doable.

IlccEyren

Haha i wish i had known. I've never been up there it looks pretty. only place on the pacific coast i've been to is san fran of course haha. most beautiful place i've been to yet. muir woods took my breath away if you get the chance to see it go.
kaltxì aysute. I am a beginner but not by choice or time spent. simply because languages are hard for me

Omatikaya'itan

lucky when i tried to see it in the science center it was sold out for the entire week i was so bummed