Penpals (Meylan fa Pamrel)

Started by Taronyu, April 01, 2010, 12:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taronyu

So, Aykerusey mì Terìran had a great idea in this thread, and I decided that it was so good that there really ought to be some sort of sticky about it, rather than just a single request.

So, you ask, why be penpals? Isn't that kind of...I don't know...lame? Yes! It is! So what?!

Writing out your thoughts in a letter form requires more words, more complex grammar, and more dedication than any sort of internet instant chat. It allows for stewing over what you want to say, and trying to say something in the best way possible. Plus, it's fun, and allows for a new way of meeting others and getting to know people from around the world. I'm penpals with a few people, in English, and it's amazing how nice it is to be able to write a letter to someone who actually wants to read them. So!

Please, if you want to have a penpal, put your name here, and specify if you want to be written to snail-mail or by email. I prefer snail mail, but it takes so long, and Na'vi isn't really young and goes away fast when not in use, so I highly suggest email. The delay in writing will be enough time between letters, anyway.

If you see someone interesting, contact them by PM and ask if they want to be penpals, and share your addresses or email. Sound alright? :)

Tse, san Aykerusey mì Terìran sìk txana säfpìlur layu mì fìkìng, ulte oel fpìl futa fko fìtxan asìltsan layu tsnì kìng akerusìkx zene ngolop teri fko, tup nì'aw 'aw tìpawm.
Tse, nga pawm, pelun meylan pamrelä lu? Fì'urì lu...oe ke omum...ke awew, kefyak? Sran! Fko lu! Pefo ronsem si!
Pamrel si ngeyä aysäfpìl mì hì'ia puk kin txana aylì'u, nì'ul ke ftue tìtäftkxu, ulte nì'ul yusea ronsem to tìpängkxo sìn utraya mokri. Fko tung nulkrr krrirì fpi fpìl teri pe'ut ngal new pivlltxe, ulte fmi pivlltxe 'uot mì sweya fya'o. Nìteng, fko fpomit tìng ngaru, ulte tung livu mipa fya'o ultxayä lafohu sì tsun ivomum sute ta pxaw kifkey. Oe meylan pamrelä si hola sutehu, mì Ìnglìsì, ulte txantsan lu fko nìltsan a tsun pamrel sivi tuteo a new tivìng menarit ne ngeyä fuk! Ha!
Rutxe, txo nga new meylanur pamrelä livu, pamrel si ngeyä tskxot fìtsenge, ulte plltxe txo ngal new pamrel sawnia aylì'u ziva'u ngaru fa teylu fu toruk. Oel nulnew seylut, slä fko tsun ziva'u nulkrr, ulte Na'viyä lì'fyal ke lu txana 'ewan ulte kä nìwin a krr ke asawnar, ha oe fpìl toruk swey lu. Krr alusatep lu nìtam mìkam hì'ia fuk, oe fpìl. 
Txo ngal tse'a tuteot a nga new pamrel sivi, peng tutet fa 'upxare ulte pawm txo tutel new livu melanit pamrelä ngahu, ulte wìntxo mengeyä tseng 'upxareyä. Ko? :)

redes1

sorry if this needed to go in the blue section but oe coudn't find out how to do that so i just did this.
I would like to be emailed send me a messege to get my email (again sorry if this is not how i was to respond)

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Hey!  Awesome :D

obviously I'm interested.  I have one Na'vi penpal already but I haven't gotten to get out a letter because I have no stamps :(  I'm getting some soon and then I can get more penpals :D

Torukä Nari

That would be awesome. I'd prefer email, it's easier for me. Anyone care to chat? PM me if you want to be a penpal.
<-Please click and click on all my dragons, to help them grow.

Eywayä lì'u

This is a cool idea, if anyone wants to, my e-mail is [email protected]
Oe prrkxentrrkrr ngeyä sa'nok!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Pxia Säsngap

Quote from: Taronyu on April 01, 2010, 12:19:39 PM
So, you ask, why be penpals? Isn't that kind of...I don't know...lame? Yes! It is! So what?!

In my opinion this isn't lame. I prefer writing letters (yes, pieces of paper, envelopes and stamps, hrh), but I'm also perfect with writing emails. (I don't know snail mail btw, what is it?)

So if anyone likes to be penpals with me, PM me. Gender and age doesn't matter. But as I am still a Tawtute(as you all can see) I'd like to write in Na'vi and then translate it(I can speak English, German and Spanish), if there are mistakes. And this would also help me to learn from what my penpal has written, if he/she is a little more advanced. =) I also write long letters (if you don't like one-page-letters).  :D
Eywa ayngahu
Ma oeyä eylan aynga oeru yawne lu <3 ;D :D ;D

Torukä Nari

Snail mail is the actual mail service, you know, envelopes, letters...
<-Please click and click on all my dragons, to help them grow.

Tirea Aean

Ma meylan Taronyu sì Ayker:

leiu fìsäfpìl txantsan a fì'ut oel spaw nìngay! :D

send me a message: [email protected]

Pxia Säsngap

Quote from: Torukä Nari on June 08, 2010, 01:09:51 PM
Snail mail is the actual mail service, you know, envelopes, letters...
hrh okay thx, I've never heard of this word. =)   ;D
Okay, then I prefer snail mail, but also like email. =)
Eywa ayngahu
Ma oeyä eylan aynga oeru yawne lu <3 ;D :D ;D

Wiesel

great idea ma Taronyu,

i would also prefer real mail over e-mail because its more "special".
E-mails are faster but nothing is more excited as if you get a letter in your mailbox, written personally and with much more effort in it :)

This doesn't mean i wouldn't answer e-mails but real letters still are something special and ehm... not lame!

i would say my na'vi skills are still basic but i can understand the most or find it out sooner or later ;)
writing sentences takes a bit more time but it shouldn't be a problem for a na'vi penpal ;)

Iam from germany, but i would also like to find someone in the rest of europe (US and other continents are prolly to slow for real mail)

About me: Male, 28, South-West-Germany
Mail type: real or e-mail
other languages: german, english

feel free to send me a pm for a 1st contact :)

I was a warrior who dreamed he could
bring peace. Sooner or later though, you
always have to wake up... - Jake Sully

...Wenn ich schlafe bin ich ein Avatar und rette Pandora...

bommel

cool idea though my Na'vi skills are still very limited (have to learn for my exams atm)...

Kekerusey

Oe-l pamrel si srekrr-it oeyä 'eylan Slutìsraw ulte oe-l Tirea Aean pamrel-s<ìm>i-ti slä srane, oe-tsun ... fi-l<ay>u sìltsan si oeyä Na'vi li'fya tsulfä si.

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Tsufätu Ayioangä

Ok... Any one interested in sending me letters, please PM me so I know who wants to.  I recently came into some stamps (which was what was hindering me before) so I'm ready to write and send :)

Tsufätu Ayioangä

:(  Sorry four double posting here but I wanted to get this thread a bit more active.  Come on gues this is a great idea!

Any one wanting to email-penpal with me, please do so at my new email: [email protected]

Keye'ung

I would love a Navi penpal. I prefer snail mail because it adds that personal touch. Anyone game, please pm me on here and i'll provide you with my home address :)
A question that often drives me hazy: Am I or the others crazy?

Eaite Randjam

I'm up for being PenPal to anyone else.  I prefer snail mail though, since I already get enough emails!

Keith Cleaver

I would love to be a penpal to someone too (it would help me a lot as I learn Na'vi to get some practice in, and would also give me an incentive to keep going too!).

My email address (which I partly set up for things like this) is [email protected].

Irayo!
Kaltxì! Oeru syaw Keith. Oel ngati kameie.

Get yourself a @skxawng.lu email! (Handy for emails just in Na'vi!)

Eana Ketuwong

I would love to do this! my email is [email protected]
E-mail me and we can talk Na'vi mwa hahaha
Tumbling hard until 3 AM on a Wednesday night

Eana Unil

Just thought about the good old times when I used to have pen pals and how I miss having one or two. So I looked for fitting threads here, glad I found this one.

I also prefer snail mail over e-mail, because it's more personal and "benign"... So I would love to have new snail mail pen pals. :)

FYI, if you're interested in having me as your snail mail pen pal eventually:

I'm looking for max. 2 snail mail pen pals.
I use to be quite busy all the time, so you should know that I can answer your letters every few weeks, at best times approx. every 4 weeks, at worst every 2 months. I can't promise I will be able to write that often, for I can't calculate how much I'll have to do in the future, but I can promise to do my best. So if you would have no problem with waiting a bit for response, it would be great. It (a lil' longer waiting) would be definitely nothing personal.
I'm quite a honest, tolerant, giving, open-minded, weird and wacko personality xD with her very own kind of humour, hehe. So if you can deal with it, we're good ;D
I'm learning Na'vi, I'd say I'm something between Beginner and Intermediate. So we could write nìNa'vi indeed, but if you also want to write in English/German, I'd also welcome that. :)
I love to draw small goodies and pictures for my good and beloved pen pals. I just love to rejoice him/her by doing that ^^ If you're also into something like that, I'd mostly welcome this. It's totally not a necessity, but "give and take" is always nicer imho. ^_^
Uh and yeah, I'm Kris, 25 yrs old and living together with my utmost beloved boyfriend in Germany.
I don't really care that much for your age or gender, so I guess everyone would be welcome to write to me ^^

So if you're interested, please let me know (private message via LN) ^^