Possible Avatar meetup/convention

Started by Human No More, January 27, 2011, 03:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Human No More

Kaltxi ma aytsmuk :)

This thread is to find out what level of interest there would be for a possible future Avatar event, which is being discussed by a few people on ToS, to involve the whole Avatar community.

A number of us Avatar fans have been considering the possibility of bringing the clans together to a meet-up, convention or pre-organised convention. However, before anyone puts effort into organising such an event it would be a good idea to gauge the level of interest.

To help get this level of understanding a simple ten question survey has been pulled together. You can take part in the survey by clicking on the link below:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6VPGQNC

It will take less than five minutes to answer.

The closing date for the survey is 4th February 2011, which gives you a week to take part. After which we will collate the data and publish the results as soon as we can.

There is no guarantee that an Avatar meet-up or convention will happen, but the survey will help to decide if we can take our forum clans to a whole new level. Irayo for you time.

Any questions can be posted here :)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Amaya

Answered, and posting to keep bumping this, because it's something I would truly love to see come to fruition.

One thing I kinda forgot and so I'm going to add it in here:  If possible I would love to see this convention held somewhere (and by this I mean venue, not location) that has reasonably easy access to some kind of wilderness, either forest, park or...something... and perhaps include workshops for sustainability, like seed-saving, backyard gardening, rooftop gardening (just the first things that spring to my mind) or ways to conserve energy.  It wouuld seem, to me, to be a helpful theme for those of us who love Avatar and Eywa'eveng and want to extend that love to doing something for our own planet as well.

Human No More

That's a great idea, which I'll pass on the the others we are discussing this with, because I agree that Avatar had a very important message in that respect.

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Human No More

Just a quick bump - we are aiming to finish collecting data soon so if you haven't already then get your response in :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

- Richard P. Feynman

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Human No More

Kaltxi everyone,

First of all a big IRAYO to everyone who took the time to complete the survey. We managed to get 100 responses on the dot!

The data has been now downloaded from 'Survey Monkey' into an Excel file incorporating a tab for each question's responses. Downloading the data also included a set of pie charts to help summarise the data. A few more selective pie charts have been added to help expand on the information gathered.

In addition a brief summary in word has been created from the Excel file data. This has also been turned into a PDF. So for those who don't have Excel or Word can still review the results of the survey.

So you want to see the results then? Well if you click on the relevant links below, you will be able to download them:

Excel Version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6akeazx7sdq2k26

Word Version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?63srg71y9vcs514

PDF Version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0ukb611bjj0lg05

OK what are the next steps from here. Well for anyone thinking of organising a meet up, Avatar convention or just a local meet up, you now have some useful information to help you plan your event.

In the meantime some avenues are being explored, but there can be no promises...

Once again, irayo everyone who took part from the clans of Avatar-Forums, Avatar Prime, LearnNa'vi, Na'viBlue and Tree of Souls. Though we maybe from separate clans, we have shown we can work together just as they did in Avatar.

Oel ngati kameie...hopefully one day

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

- Richard P. Feynman