Tribal Grounds

Started by The old Uriuujìn, January 15, 2010, 06:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OmegaQ1

believe me Nìwotxkrr you dont want to be sleeping in the open midnight air while its really cold, i did it once and i shivered all night long and it was rough sleeping. someone mentioned it before that doing it in some sort of state or national park would be good, possibly yellowstone for those of us in the east coast region. for the most part i think its free but im not entirely sure about it, thats a pretty foresty area lol.
It's my job to keep you alive. I will not succeed. -Colonel Quaritch

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: OmegaQ1 on January 16, 2010, 09:47:34 PM
believe me Nìwotxkrr you dont want to be sleeping in the open midnight air while its really cold, i did it once and i shivered all night long and it was rough sleeping. someone mentioned it before that doing it in some sort of state or national park would be good, possibly yellowstone for those of us in the east coast region. for the most part i think its free but im not entirely sure about it, thats a pretty foresty area lol.

I live by lake michigan in Wisconsin, it's always cold and I love it. :)
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

@ Uriuujìn - Actually I think there are some cold parts to the planet. On Padorapedia it states for the thanator that some varients of it were observed in sub-arctic regions, which could indicate cold or at least colder than normal.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Deamon5550

I went camping at Goffrey lake (it's north of whistler, BC) it was -32 celcius...and yes it was no fun (i ended up with hypothermia) so yes warm = GOOD
Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu.

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

OmegaQ1

this will have to be during summer time so the place has to be decently warm atleast in the summer
It's my job to keep you alive. I will not succeed. -Colonel Quaritch

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: OmegaQ1 on January 16, 2010, 09:53:54 PM
this will have to be during summer time so the place has to be decently warm atleast in the summer

In the beginning, yes, it will be in the summer. But if- I need to say when not if, I always forget- we eventually decide to create a permanent establishment, with people coming and going, a more suitable place must be found.

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tsahameylu on January 16, 2010, 09:50:51 PM
@ Uriuujìn - Actually I think there are some cold parts to the planet. On Padorapedia it states for the thanator that some varients of it were observed in sub-arctic regions, which could indicate cold or at least colder than normal.

Didn't know that. That's pretty cool ^_^ I have to say, though, that the tribes were all in at least temperate locations, so warm should still be the aim.

Eywa ayngahu.

-Uriuujìn

Txontaw

Quote from: Uriuujìn on January 16, 2010, 10:02:55 PM
Quote from: OmegaQ1 on January 16, 2010, 09:53:54 PM

In the beginning, yes, it will be in the summer. But if- I need to say when not if, I always forget- we eventually decide to create a permanent establishment, with people coming and going, a more suitable place must be found.

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tsahameylu on January 16, 2010, 09:50:51 PM

Didn't know that. That's pretty cool ^_^ I have to say, though, that the tribes were all in at least temperate locations, so warm should still be the aim.

Eywa ayngahu.

-Uriuujìn

Yeah, and I'd like to use the same place for both, since I don't want to change scenery and make everyone relearn the surroundings.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Deamon5550

Quote from: Txontaw on January 16, 2010, 10:06:31 PM
Yeah, and I'd like to use the same place for both, since I don't want to change scenery and make everyone relearn the surroundings.

mhmm, it makes more sense to use the same place for both, the re-location would be costly and the de-construction and re-constructioon...better to not move at all.

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Deamon5550 on January 16, 2010, 10:34:11 PM
Quote from: Txontaw on January 16, 2010, 10:06:31 PM

mhmm, it makes more sense to use the same place for both, the re-location would be costly and the de-construction and re-constructioon...better to not move at all.

Which brings me to this- how much is everyone willing to pitch in to help build this. I don't just mean moneywise, either. How much work are you all willing to put in to build everything, make sure everything is stable, workable, and clean. I don't want to be the raincloud, but I do not believe myself mistaken when I say that there will be chores that need doing and work to be done. I personally will not shirk anything that I need to do, but I want to make sure that everyone else is on board in that regard.

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Deamon5550

http://www.avatar-forums.com/pandora/2625-earthly-pandora-within-reach.html

read it...enough said...although the plane ride would be expensive

also we would have to rent, as the land buying price is in the range of 2-3 million dollars...

http://www.landandfarm.com/lf/asp/search_results.asp?landstateid=15

I know totally unfesable, but i felt it should be mentionsed :P

Quote from: Uriuujìn on January 16, 2010, 10:41:51 PM
Which brings me to this- how much is everyone willing to pitch in to help build this. I don't just mean moneywise, either. How much work are you all willing to put in to build everything, make sure everything is stable, workable, and clean. I don't want to be the raincloud, but I do not believe myself mistaken when I say that there will be chores that need doing and work to be done. I personally will not shirk anything that I need to do, but I want to make sure that everyone else is on board in that regard.

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

I would be willing to put a lot of work into building and maintaining the buildings, treehouses (the ones for sleeping) and any other construction work that has to be done.

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Deamon5550 on January 16, 2010, 11:02:50 PM
http://www.avatar-forums.com/pandora/2625-earthly-pandora-within-reach.html

read it...enough said...although the plane ride would be expensive

also we would have to rent, as the land buying price is in the range of 2-3 million dollars...

http://www.landandfarm.com/lf/asp/search_results.asp?landstateid=15

I know totally unfeasible, but i felt it should be mentioned :P

Besides the plane fare, this isn't a half-bad idea... though we'd need to rent some property or buy a large piece of property. The climate itself is perfect, though. Good feedback ^_^ Irayo, ma tsmuktu.

Eywa ayngahu.

-Uriuujìn

Txontaw

I don't want to have it on Hawaii anyway. It's too much of a tourist trap.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Txontaw on January 16, 2010, 11:07:53 PM
I don't want to have it on Hawaii anyway. It's too much of a tourist trap.

Point.

Eywa ayngahu.

-Uriuujìn

Deamon5550

Buying on  Hawaii is out of the question, you can see in the second link...remember that the price of a property even with a house is 80-90% the price of the land.

I also just did a quick search and could not find any undeveloped land for rent.

bagget00

Basically, we need somewhere about as tropical as Hawaii but less crowded and cheaper. That will probably be the toughest order to fill out of all of the ideas and suggestions about the Tribe.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: bagget00 on January 17, 2010, 02:19:01 AM
Basically, we need somewhere about as tropical as Hawaii but less crowded and cheaper. That will probably be the toughest order to fill out of all of the ideas and suggestions about the Tribe.

^____^ Irayo, tsmukan. Txan Irayo! You struck the root of the problem. Now the only questions becomes: how do we solve the root?

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

Lora Taw

well the only other places that suit the criteria are rainforests and such which are out of the question because real rainforests are dangerous and difficult to get to. the hawaii idea does seem a little more plausible than most of the alternatives i can come up with.

we would have to rent of course. but for the people who are going. pitching in such and such amount of money for a month in hawaii with fellow na'vi lovers doesnt sound so bad. by the time this happens i think i would be willing to dish out the money for this at least once if we go to hawaii (which i highly doubt we will)

bagget00

500 for rent isn't actually all that bad considering i'm spending 1450 on rent. The problem there would probably be its a small space or something like that.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Lora Taw

better than trying to find some place in brazil that no one has ever heard of and possible be pegged as a cult maybe because of when jim jones moved his people to south america to have this utopian thing or whatever and they all died from the kool-aid.
I know we arent like that but who knows how people who dont understand us might view it.
and i dont think space would be a really big issue because i cant imagine a whole lot of people being able to fly down to hawaii for a month.

God i hope im not sounding too negative, im just trying to play devils advocate so we can hammer out any problems there might be. im interested in do this maybe one day

Txonä atan

Mawey Na'viyä!!!!!!!!!!!I'm not trying to spoil these beautiful plans but no offence I think we should be focusing on the more realistic ones first!(I'm not scolding or anything like that I'm just saying my opinion)We are all here to learn a beautiful language we found response from many people around the world and we started considering ourselves as a part of a large group with some same interests!The thought of meeting our "comrades" is very nice!Having some kind of convention or a camping trip somewhere every summer(camping does not require spending such a large amount of money as buying a whole part of land) those were things that passed through my mind too and seemed very agreable!Living forever away from civilization in a tropical forest with some very interesting people sometime in the future is a very nice thought too but I have some objections which I'd like to share with all of you so you can consider them before you run wild again with all those fantasies!

Firstly,i don't think the whole point of this masterpiece film was just leave your lives,homes,civilization deny evolution and go live like the Na'vi!If we try to interpret it this way it would make the moovie shalow and extremely unrealistic!!!!In my personal opinion one of the messages we should get from the film is that as The People of this planet we mustn't let a handful of people destroy the enviroment and society because they want to raise their profits.Walking away from the problems of this world is cowardish and i don't think that the Na'vi were cowards at all!If you want to live under the "philosophy" of the Na'vi,preserve the eco-system the enviroment,live closer with nature and have respect for every living thing on this planet then start making tries to change the world around you!

I'm saying yes to summercamp every summer yes to conventions but staying permanently away from our civilization is very hard,extremely dangerous for people who haven't grown in similar conditions,the purchase of land is not easy and costs very much and if we are true friends of the environment we should be fighting for laws which will prohibit the selling of land with forests to anyone,so that all ecological sights(I'm not sure this is how it's called)are national and are protected by the goverrnent and not  private property!

An idea i had is  to hold conventions and go to camping at the same time  every summer!They should take place in another country every year so that except the joyful events as that we are going to meet each other,practice the language,have interesting conversations we would also get to travel around the world and learn more about the natural environment of our planet and other countries!That seems much more possible and a lot les dangerous to me!Of course we should save some money for the tickets along the year and some money for some supplies  we are going to need!I just wanted you to know how i think on this matter!

Eywa ayngahu aytsmukan si aytsmuke!