Tribal Grounds

Started by The old Uriuujìn, January 15, 2010, 06:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The old Uriuujìn

If you have been following the Tribal thread, then please post here where you are from and some good meet-up ideas. I think that it is time that we made a plan of where we should meet. As to when, I am of the opinion that we should wait at least until next year to let some of the younger ones catch up.

First things first- Kaltxì! I am Uriuujin, the Shaman/Spiritual Leader of our tribe, Plltxeyu Eywayä/Gaiayä as it were.(Speaker of Eywa)

As I have said before, please post your name and location, as well as any ideas you have about meeting places.
Please contact myself or Txontaw if you have any questions ^_^

Eywa ayngahu frakrr, ma oeyä aytsmuke sì aytsmukan.

-Uriuujìn

Txontaw

Irayo, Uriuujìn.

Like he said, you can can contact either of us if you have questions.

My Skype is: Txontaw or moonlaughmaster

You can also send me a PM.

If you don't know what we're talking about, check out this thread: http://forum.learnnavi.org/general-avatar-discussion/our-na%27vi-tribe-%28discussion-pre-planning%29/

To clarify what Uriuujìn said, basically we're looking for people who may know of a good site to set up our camp/tribe. We are looking for a place that is...

-Near the equator, so warm most of the year.

-For sale (if we decide to buy the land to make it permanent)

-Plentiful food (animals and plants)

Other than that, it's really up to you!

As for me, I live in Southern California.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

swizaw

I don't know how we would accumulate enough money for this, but if we do, here's a pretty good island. http://www.privateislandsonline.com/geraldo-island-brazil.htm

Anyways, my skype is swizaw, or you can catch me on google wave [email protected] or you could PM me. Btw, I'm from NY.

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: swizaw on January 15, 2010, 06:41:23 PM
I don't know how we would accumulate enough money for this, but if we do, here's a pretty good island. http://www.privateislandsonline.com/geraldo-island-brazil.htm

Anyways, my skype is swizaw, or you can catch me on google wave [email protected] or you could PM me. Btw, I'm from NY.

The only issue that I have with an island, besides the fact that it's really expensive to get out there, let alone buy, is that there are property taxes to consider. How would we keep up payments? I would like to discourage making people pay to come, but then again that may be our only choice, if we were to create a permanent settlement...  :-[ My brain hurts XD

Eywa ayngahu

-Uriuujìn

swizaw

Quote from: Uriuujìn on January 15, 2010, 06:55:31 PM
The only issue that I have with an island, besides the fact that it's really expensive to get out there, let alone buy, is that there are property taxes to consider. How would we keep up payments?

Yeah, I was just suggesting that if we do go for an island, as was suggested  :)

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: swizaw on January 15, 2010, 06:56:58 PM
Quote from: Uriuujìn on January 15, 2010, 06:55:31 PM
The only issue that I have with an island, besides the fact that it's really expensive to get out there, let alone buy, is that there are property taxes to consider. How would we keep up payments?

Yeah, I was just suggesting that if we do go for an island, as was suggested  :)

Irayo, ma oeyä Tsmuktu. I hope that I didn't sound like I was berating you. I'm just trying to look at the situation from as many angles as I can. I want to make sure this tribe is a success.

Eywa ayngahu, ma oeyä aytsmuke sì aytsmukan

-Uriuujìn

swizaw

Quote from: Uriuujìn on January 15, 2010, 06:59:03 PM
Irayo, ma oeyä Tsmuktu. I hope that I didn't sound like I was berating you. I'm just trying to look at the situation from as many angles as I can. I want to make sure this tribe is a success.

-Uriuujìn

It didn't sound like that, and I understand. :) Eywa ayngahu

Chloe

I totally vote Brazil as well. It was beautiful when I went there a few years ago, and I'd love to go back. If the tribal grounds were set up there, I might just stay there forever. :D But then we might have to learn to speak Portuguese.

Some quotes I snatched from the above Brazillian island link:

"The area has big potential and there are incentives for industry, fishing, agriculture and the tourist industry. At the same time, there is undoubtedly a consciousness to preserve the environment."

"It is an ecological paradise with a great number of species. For instance, big maritime turtles lay their eggs on the beaches in October every year. Totally untouched nature. Drinking water you get in abundance from Amazon wells that are 0.5 metres under the surface, a common way to supply water in this region. There is no electricity, but it is not difficult to put up windmills. The constant breeze is sufficient to get the electricity you need. The sun is a big help in providing the solar energy for heating water and such. As the island is very near the Equator, the average temperature is steady all year around and the day temperature is around 30 C and at night it is a little cooler and about 24 C. The humidity is around 90 per cent."

Sounds sweeet. I am totally in.  8)

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Chloe on January 15, 2010, 10:22:28 PM
Sounds sweeet. I am totally in.  8)

I would be in too... if I could afford a plane ticket, certain necessary supplies, as well as enough medicine and doctors to make it safe for us all to stay there indefinitely....

I should have specified: We need ideas of where to meet that would be plausible for us to meet.

And please post your location, so that we can get a good picture of where everyone is ^_^ Please sì Irayo!!!

Eywa Ayngahu, ma oeyä aytsmuke sì aytsmukan

-Uriuujìn

bagget00

Oe was reading the island buying guides and they have some off the coast of chili that look beautiful, are a fairly good acrage and cost somewhere in the 150k range.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: bagget00 on January 15, 2010, 11:38:51 PM
Oe was reading the island buying guides and they have some off the coast of chili that look beautiful, are a fairly good acrage and cost somewhere in the 150k range.

You have to remember the yearly property tax though.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

bagget00

still cheaper than 750k pounds at this point in time.
"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

OmegaQ1

kaltxì, i live in Ohio, theres lots of forests were i am but its cool except for winter its freezing, summer its gets kinda nice and hot but its still kinda chilly at night especially outdoors. i havent looked into any places exactly but i thought about (and im kinda building off of wat someone else said) for the trial camps for next year we would have sites all over the place like one the east coast, one for the west, the mid west whatevers between the midwest and the east lol, but they would have to be fairly south so that its not only hot during the day but also at night too and foresty too. not necesarily were we would settle down permanently but just to get a feel for what it would be like,get personally aquainted, and see how things work out. then like some others said we eventually get 'all' together.
It's my job to keep you alive. I will not succeed. -Colonel Quaritch

Chloe

Quote from: Uriuujìn on January 15, 2010, 10:35:55 PM
I would be in too... if I could afford a plane ticket, certain necessary supplies, as well as enough medicine and doctors to make it safe for us all to stay there indefinitely....

I should have specified: We need ideas of where to meet that would be plausible for us to meet.

And please post your location, so that we can get a good picture of where everyone is ^_^ Please sì Irayo!!!

Eywa Ayngahu, ma oeyä aytsmuke sì aytsmukan

-Uriuujìn

Ah, thank you for reminding me to update my profile. I have done so. :D I hail from Maryland! I've also posted a link to a place on the east coast called Four Quarters in the "Our Na'vi Tribe: discussion and pre-planning" thread. Here's the link again:

http://www.4qf.org/

It's a really beautiful place that kind of has the facilities we are looking to include in the Na'vi tribal grounds. It's in Artemas, Pennsylvania, and I would definitely recommend stopping by for a day, if not a weekend. I'm a member there, but I think that first-timers can get a weekend free. c:

Deamon5550

Firstly, I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Also, it may not be too good an idea to plan the location this early, I mean we were planning a 4-year planning time. Even though I only think it will take 2 years max, its still to early to be looking at land sales, for the land will probably be bought by the time we are ready.
Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu.

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

OmegaQ1

yea thats most definitly true. thats why i think that we should be concentrating more on finding out who lives were, finding a good trial site that is

• foresty
  • warm during the day and decent at night during the summer time
  • stream or river nearby
  • town within reasonable distance incase of emergency
  • for the most part free
we want this to be cheap because if it fails(i hate to be pesimistic for this but there is that possibility and it has to be taken into account) we dont want to have wasted all that money
It's my job to keep you alive. I will not succeed. -Colonel Quaritch

Deamon5550

yeah, I have been looking around for any land that we could possibly use for free...so far no luck on my part.
Kìyevame ulte Eywa ngahu.

join our real life tribe! here(And yes, it will be a real tribe in the real world, not a role play tribe)

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Deamon5550 on January 16, 2010, 09:30:05 PM
yeah, I have been looking around for any land that we could possibly use for free...so far no luck on my part.

It doesn't need to be free... just cheap. And well positioned. And forested. And not cold. Hot is ok, but it CANNOT be cold ^_^

-Uriuujìn

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Quote from: Uriuujìn on January 16, 2010, 09:36:48 PM

It doesn't need to be free... just cheap. And well positioned. And forested. And not cold. Hot is ok, but it CANNOT be cold ^_^

-Uriuujìn

I'm fine with cold.  8)
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

The old Uriuujìn

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tsahameylu on January 16, 2010, 09:39:25 PM
Quote from: Uriuujìn on January 16, 2010, 09:36:48 PM

-Uriuujìn

I'm fine with cold.  8)

Kaltxì ma oeyä tsmukan! Oel ngati tseie'a! (I think that's right. See physical is tse'e with <ei>... ^_^;   )

The only thing I have against cold-well, things- is:

1- It's COOOOOLD!!!
2- If we live somewhere cold, then we have to bring along heating, for safety, and I would rather not use up resources for that.
3- Pandora is a TROPICAL planet. I'd like to emulate that, cause warm=good.
4- and finally, cold is COOOOOLD!!! ^_^

Eywa ayngahu, ma aytsmuktu.

-Uriuujìn