[v2.0 Feature Request] Books, Articles, and Guides

Started by Seze, October 19, 2010, 03:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seze

The next big feature I would like to add to the mobile App working towards version 2.0 is the inclusion of books articles, and guides related to Na'vi.  The two items at the top of my list to include are "Na'vi in a Nutshell" and "Na'vi Reference Grammar".  Both of these resources would add a great deal to the App.  The big hurdle we need to work out is how to bundle these resources for use in the App.  I've been told that Android does not do PDF out of the box, so as far as I'm concerned PDF is not a viable option for use in the mobile app.  An idea I had was to convert all the resources into HTML.  Once we get the resource data format worked out, building in the rest of the functionality should be pretty straightforward.

Thoughts?

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Sіr. Ηaxalot

As long as the documents won't change too often I'll try to go with pure XAML in my app.

Seze

I would like to use something that all apps could use.  It would make it a lot easier to just maintain one version of the article instead of separate ones for each app platform.

Seze

If we go the HTML route, I was thinking we could store all the HTML content in the SQLite database.  This would allow us to easily update the content via the already working database update scripts.  Also the SQLite database makes it easy to populate the UI tableviews with the different resources available.