Here's a Na'vi Keyboard on iOS

Started by tshuhan, June 23, 2016, 08:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tshuhan

Update:

Woohoo, it's live!
Link: https://appsto.re/ca/lzCldb.i

people!

First post ever, though I've been learning Na'vi on and off (mostly off) since ~2011. I'm an iOS developer so I figured it'd be interesting to make a custom keyboard for y'all.

The keyboard, IMO, is fairly smooth and has other parts that the native ones do as well, like numbers and punctuation. I'd love for you to try it out (in a few days) and let me know what you think!

The app has been submitted to App Store and I'm working on the dictionary part of it as well.

PS: It seems there's only PDFs available on the forum, any chance there's CSV or JSON somewhere?

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte! :)

Quote from: tshuhan on June 23, 2016, 08:26:50 AM
PS: It seems there's only PDFs available on the forum, any chance there's CSV or JSON somewhere?
The dictionary?
I don't think there is a CSV or JSON file, but can check if I can generate one.

EDIT: Could be an XML file useful too?

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Plumps

Sure, I'd like to try it out ... Do we have to wait until it's approved by the App Store?

tshuhan

Quote from: Tìtstewan on June 23, 2016, 08:47:38 AM
Kaltxì ulte zola'u nìprrte! :)

Quote from: tshuhan on June 23, 2016, 08:26:50 AM
The dictionary?
I don't think there is a CSV or JSON file, but can check if I can generate one.

EDIT: Could be an XML file useful too?

Hey yeah! XML should be fine too, although most preferably JSON then I won't need to convert it :P.

tshuhan

Quote from: Plumps on June 23, 2016, 08:48:50 AM
Sure, I'd like to try it out ... Do we have to wait until it's approved by the App Store?

I'm afraid so. The average review time seems to be under 3 days currently, so hopefully it will be out this weekend! Just really wanted to share some news.

tshuhan

Quote from: Plumps on June 23, 2016, 08:48:50 AM

Less than 24 hours it's live!

Link: https://appsto.re/ca/lzCldb.i

Plumps

Seems to work fine on iPhone SE. It's only strange that I can't find it over the App Store. Had to download it via iTunes and then load it onto the iPhone. But no biggie ;D

tshuhan

Quote from: Plumps on June 23, 2016, 04:11:45 PM
Seems to work fine on iPhone SE. It's only strange that I can't find it over the App Store. Had to download it via iTunes and then load it onto the iPhone. But no biggie ;D

I would say it's because it so new that the app hasn't been properly indexed.  :-\

Seze

There is an SQLite database that has all of the dictionary data in it that is kept fairly up to date for the LN.org Mobile Apps.  All info should be available on Github, but you'd need to search through the code.  If you can't find the links, I can try to find them for you.  Basically there is the SQLite file and a version file.  The version file just contains a number, and any time a new version of the SQLite database has been generated that version file is incremented.

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Aka`ula

Anyone already looking will have found this  ;) (Not just because of the small amount of Na'Vi Apps though). I just read this post but I already had the app downloaded a few days ago

Tirea Aean

I have just now only seen this post. I don't use iOS, so maybe that's why.

I must say this is cool. Tho what a strange layout! The positions of this don't look to make sense.

Like, here is my kxwerty layout on Android:

I suppose, to each their own. :)

eejmensenikbenhet

Wou!
Nice work, but to be honest, I'm kind of used to typing Na'vi on my standard Dutch keyboard. :-\
If it would've been the KxWERTY layout though... I might give it a go!

tshuhan

Oh shoot. Never realized there is an Android version as well (duh).

I gave the layout too little thought, just put the two-letter ones next to where the first letters are.

Perhaps an update is needed for some conformity and improvement!

Quote from: Tirea Aean on February 21, 2017, 11:54:08 AM
I have just now only seen this post. I don't use iOS, so maybe that's why.

I must say this is cool. Tho what a strange layout! The positions of this don't look to make sense.

Like, here is my kxwerty layout on Android:

I suppose, to each their own. :)

tshuhan

I'm working on updating the layout to be a lot more like that on Android. Stay tuned ;D

Quote from: eejmensenikbenhet on February 22, 2017, 10:21:28 PM
Wou!
Nice work, but to be honest, I'm kind of used to typing Na'vi on my standard Dutch keyboard. :-\
If it would've been the KxWERTY layout though... I might give it a go!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: tshuhan on February 22, 2017, 10:37:06 PM
I'm working on updating the layout to be a lot more like that on Android. Stay tuned ;D

Cool! :D  :ikran:

Nikalym

the missing z key on the iOS version disturbs me...
would be cool if both Android and iOS get the same layout  ;)
Fun to say: 'Eoioa meoauniaeaoio oe 'ieia.

tshuhan

Yeah, still unknown to me why I thought there's no z's in Na'vi. Good news is, I just submitted an update and now the layout is just the same as the one on Andorid.

Quote from: Nikalym on February 23, 2017, 08:11:24 AM
the missing z key on the iOS version disturbs me...
would be cool if both Android and iOS get the same layout  ;)

Nikalym

Quote from: tshuhan on February 23, 2017, 08:27:09 AM
Yeah, still unknown to me why I thought there's no z's in Na'vi. Good news is, I just submitted an update and now the layout is just the same as the one on Andorid.

this is awesome, now I can write completly in na'vi, I just need to learn it  ;D

Nikalym

Quote from: Tirea Aean on February 23, 2017, 08:39:27 AM
Edit:

But there IS z in Na'vi...

via LG-K550 (Tapatalk)

just think of: Oe zene kivä

tshuhan

Yours definitely looks more thought out. I'd love to see this layout become a standard one so people can focus on learning the language itself. That was my intention and half a year has passed I'm still where I was in 2016...

Quote from: Tirea Aean on February 23, 2017, 08:39:27 AM
Edit:

But there IS z in Na'vi...

via LG-K550 (Tapatalk)