Iphone App - other languages

Started by Ricardo, October 23, 2011, 08:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricardo

Hi.
Sorry if the question have been replied anytime.
Might there be other languages than English for the Iphone App?

Plumps

That's something for Seze to answer... If he gets the information from the eanaeltu data base it should be possible since these should be the things that all the dictionaries draw their material from, are they not? *total technologically challenged here* :-X

Seze

The data is there, its just not being used at the moment.  Localization is on the TODO list for the next version, which I am hoping to work on this winter sometime.

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Seze on November 10, 2011, 05:42:59 PM
The data is there, its just not being used at the moment.  Localization is on the TODO list for the next version, which I am hoping to work on this winter sometime.

I cannot help sicne I only code in C, but you have my moral support.  :D

´eveng te atan

Great stuff!

Since 3 days, I´m owner of an iphone4.
This app looks great, but is there a way to set it to german translations?

'eveng te atan

Tirea Aean

Quote from: ´eveng te atan on August 30, 2015, 01:45:42 PM
Great stuff!

Since 3 days, I´m owner of an iphone4.
This app looks great, but is there a way to set it to german translations?

'eveng te atan

apparently not in the version that's currently published in the App Store. The App is Open Source though and other languages could easily be allowed :D

EDIT: the Source Code for the LearnNa'vi Mobile apps can be found at this GitHub Repository: https://github.com/LearnNavi/Mobile

DOUBLE EDIT: I see that database.sqlite in the source code has all the Eana Eltu Supported Languages in it and seems to be more based off Eana Eltu.  However dictionary.sqlite appears to only have English definitions in it.  Looks like database.sqlite is the one that the app is actually using.

TRIPLE EDIT: Nevermind, the table in the database.sql that the app actuall uses, called 'entries' only has the English translation in the 'definition' field. :( So not only would the interface need to be updated to include a means of switching languages, but the Database table or the way that the database is used would need to be restructured.  I'm not any kind of expert at all, in fact I'm a total n00b at Objective C language and SQLite. @_@ I wish I could help make this app international.

Tirea Aean

Someone else just asked this question again today, inspiring me to look at the source code and the .sqlite used.
EDIT: Merged it in above.

It looks like the data is there in one of the databases, but the app is coded to use a table which only has English definitions listed. Some restructuring or rewriting queries will be necessary.

But I don't do Objective-C :S