Learn Na'vi iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad App - beta v0.6.1

Started by Seze, January 11, 2010, 10:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aperture

Absolutely Awesome! I wanted to ask if someone could make an App... and now there is this thread. Great :D

I would really like to test it!

I have an iPhone3G with Version 3.1.2
Will send you a PM with every detail and UDID, when I'm home.

Taronyu Ayunilyä Alahe

oh. I forgot the title because everyone was talking about iphones, on the first page. I didn't look at the other pages sorry.

Oe txoa livu, ma Melaidhrin sì ma Seze.. :/

anyways, I'll pm you about the UDID maybe. or not if I change my mind. because I don't think my itouch is the newest version..

anyways, congrats to you for making this :)
ke plltxe ngeyä kawng tìrey lu

Zhowìntll

Yes!  I wish I could take part in the testing, but I'm on an unlocked jail-broken T-Mobile iPhone, and I just don't think that will jive right.  I look very forward to seeing the finished product.

Seze

I've had 10 people volunteer to help out so far.  1 iPhone and 9 iPod Touch devices.  Still plenty of space available for anyone who wants to help out...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Ateyo te Kellett

Quote from: Seze on January 13, 2010, 10:01:41 AM
I've had 10 people volunteer to help out so far.  1 iPhone and 9 iPod Touch devices.  Still plenty of space available for anyone who wants to help out...

I'd sign up. but I don't have the software needed. and since im not 18 yet I can't buy it. and my mums not fond of stuff like that xD

Seze

Quote from: Zhowìntll on January 13, 2010, 07:07:53 AM
Yes!  I wish I could take part in the testing, but I'm on an unlocked jail-broken T-Mobile iPhone, and I just don't think that will jive right.  I look very forward to seeing the finished product.

I think this should be doable.  I'm looking into what it takes to install an app on a jail broken iPhone.  I also have a friend who broke his iPhone out of jail, so I'll ask him about it today when I see him. 

I need to look into the jail breaking route anyways as well, just in case Apple decides to not accept this App into the App Store. 

Seze

Quote from: Melaidhrin on January 13, 2010, 10:05:04 AM

I'd sign up. but I don't have the software needed. and since im not 18 yet I can't buy it. and my mums not fond of stuff like that xD

What version are you currently running?  I'm targeting version 3.0 right now.  A may be able to switch my target to 2.2.1, but I will have to see what features and APIs disappear in doing that.

Ateyo te Kellett

Quote from: Seze on January 13, 2010, 10:16:05 AM
Quote from: Melaidhrin on January 13, 2010, 10:05:04 AM

What version are you currently running?  I'm targeting version 3.0 right now.  A may be able to switch my target to 2.2.1, but I will have to see what features and APIs disappear in doing that.

that i do not know. I don't have my usb cord with me. and won't get it til saturday. when will you send it in?

Jaysc

Quote from: Seze on January 13, 2010, 10:11:59 AM
Quote from: Zhowìntll on January 13, 2010, 07:07:53 AM

I think this should be doable.  I'm looking into what it takes to install an app on a jail broken iPhone.  I also have a friend who broke his iPhone out of jail, so I'll ask him about it today when I see him. 

I need to look into the jail breaking route anyways as well, just in case Apple decides to not accept this App into the App Store. 

Jailbroken ipod touch/iphone works with the App. It's the reason why my ipod is currently on 3.0, and everything works fine.  :D

Seze

Quote from: Melaidhrin on January 13, 2010, 10:37:00 AM
when will you send it in?

I don't expect to have something App Store ready for a while.  I just started the project this week btw.  Having a group of people who I can push betas to really helps with the design and brain storming process.  Right now, my big goal is to prototype the UI (user interface).  The prototype's purpose is to see how the UI feels and how you would interact with it.  I'm hoping to have an early prototype to send out sometime in the next couple of days. 

If anyone wants to help with the prototyping process, you can find Photoshop iPhone components on the web that you can use to build pictures of what you think the UI should look like.  You don't have to use Photoshop, or anything fancy, you could even draw on a napkin and then scan or take a picture of it.  The important part is the idea in the mockup.  I am open to any and all ideas.

kxanì tsamsiyu

Yep my iPhone is Jailbroken on 3.0 still works fine with the app store.
I will send you my UCID later on.

Eywayä lì'u

Out of curiosity, how will I put the build onto my iPod when I recieve the file?
Oe prrkxentrrkrr ngeyä sa'nok!

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Seze

Quote from: Eywayä lì'u on January 13, 2010, 03:45:46 PM
Out of curiosity, how will I put the build onto my iPod when I recieve the file?

When the time comes, I will post 2 files, the .ipa file is the app itself and the .mobileprovision is the provisioning file that tells the device its ok to install this App.  All you have to do is drag both of those files into iTunes, and then sync your device. 

hufwesiyu

Seze,

Cydia is your friend :D

Eywa ngahu.

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Nice, that's what I needed! I've uploaded the PDF's to my iPhone but it just doesn't feel right :P I'll PM you my UUID if you still have tickets to give ^^
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Seze

Quote from: Kawazoe on January 13, 2010, 09:22:52 PM
Nice, that's what I needed! I've uploaded the PDF's to my iPhone but it just doesn't feel right :P I'll PM you my UUID if you still have tickets to give ^^

I still have plenty of spaces available still.

Mawey Seze

Love this idea, I'd do it myself but for my complete lack of iPhone programming knowledge.

Atanyä tsyal

wow, I would buy an ipod touch/iphone just for his app haha.

Esperanto

Quote from: Seze on January 13, 2010, 09:51:44 PMI still have plenty of spaces available still.

I would love to help develop... I'm no Photoshop wizard but I can do a bit of fontography/backgrounds.

Also, one of the things I would love to contribute is voice pronunciation clips to the words as I think that would be greatly helpful to some people. I have a baritone register that's easy to understand. I will have to wait a paycheck or two to get a new condenser mic, as my current mic has a lot of noise.
Lu Oeyä Ikranit ulte ayoe 'awsiteng mivakto.

Seze

Quote from: Darrigan on January 14, 2010, 05:21:35 AM
Quote from: Seze on January 13, 2010, 09:51:44 PMI still have plenty of spaces available still.

I would love to help develop... I'm no Photoshop wizard but I can do a bit of fontography/backgrounds.

Also, one of the things I would love to contribute is voice pronunciation clips to the words as I think that would be greatly helpful to some people. I have a baritone register that's easy to understand. I will have to wait a paycheck or two to get a new condenser mic, as my current mic has a lot of noise.

Awesome, I am definitely planning on having audio stuff like this in the App.  Some other people on the site have been developing some audio resources as well.  I would highly recommend you help out there with the audio clips as well.  Here is a link to their work.  I'm sure they'd be happy to have another voice helping with the audio.