Learn Na'vi iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad App - beta v0.6.1

Started by Seze, January 11, 2010, 10:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maweya tswonyu

sounds good, especially 'Na'vi in a Nutshell'; it'll be usefull to have it on my iPod.  ;D
"You are like a baby, making noise, don't know what to do" - Neytiri Te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

"All energy is borrowed, and one day you have to give it back."

Seze

I made some progress on the App today.  The main dictionary has now been switched over to use Tuiq's CSV file of the dictionary.  In switching the dictionary over I found out that the English to Na'vi dictionary that I had been using has been discontinued.  Tomorrow I will work on using the Na'vi dictionary to build the English version.  I was able to just swap the word name and definition fields, but nothing is in alphabetical now on the English dictionary.  Once I get that straightened out, I will try to push out the next build for everyone to use.

I added usage tracking code to the App a long time ago, and I thought I would share some of the usage data with you all.

North America: 40
Europe: 18
Asia: 3
Oceania: 1

Irayo ma beta-testers

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Tirea Aean

Good idea with the Na'vi in a Nutshell doc. I really like that one, as the pocket guide was not helping beginners learn correctly anymore, as many new things have emerged in the language since its last update...Lol i think that random jump in the graph is from a new build release or something XD i expect that usage will always go up when a new build is released, especially when new features are released in such a build. I find that the only reason i slowed my use of it is that its dict needs to be updated, so I use the link to this one: http://mwf-data.clonk2c.ch/dvi/attach/NaviDictionary.pdf It is constantly updating. For sure this app is gonna be pure win when it gets complete the way it was intended to be complete. Txantsana Tìkangkemìri ngeyä, oe ngaru seiyi irayo!

Tsamsiyu92

Seze

Tirea Aean

LOL Seze im willing to bet that everyone just jumps to the last (most recently posted on) page to ask, but never even looks at the original post, which always happens to be the most important post in most project threads! XD

Seze

Quote from: Tirea Aean on March 29, 2010, 10:12:15 AM
LOL Seze im willing to bet that everyone just jumps to the last (most recently posted on) page to ask, but never even looks at the original post, which always happens to be the most important post in most project threads! XD

Yeah, I even have a link in my signature.  I just smile and point them in the proper direction while at the same time wondering if I've lost my ye'ung.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Seze on March 29, 2010, 10:26:46 AM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on March 29, 2010, 10:12:15 AM

Yeah, I even have a link in my signature.  I just smile and point them in the proper direction while at the same time wondering if I've lost my ye'ung.

LOL yeah i see what you mean! those kinds of posts are on every page of the thread, and can be avoided by knowing that one should always at least read the original post first. sìlpey oe tsnì ngeyä ye'ung lu ngar.XD. nìteng, tsun oe tsive'a futa lu ngaru TXANA tìkangkem a zene nga tsakem sivängi frakrr. ha,srake kxawm fìplltxetsengìri tsatsun oe ngaru srung sivi?

Maweya tswonyu

Quote from: Seze on March 28, 2010, 11:13:20 PM

Irayo ma beta-testers

I'm proud to be one of the 12 regular users of your app, Seze. (although i may not be on the list, as i rarely connect my ipod to WiFi.  :-[)
"You are like a baby, making noise, don't know what to do" - Neytiri Te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

"All energy is borrowed, and one day you have to give it back."

Seze

Quote from: Maweya tswonyu on March 29, 2010, 12:01:58 PM
I'm proud to be one of the 12 regular users of your app, Seze. (although i may not be on the list, as i rarely connect my ipod to WiFi.  :-[)

The tracking code should just store up the data and then upload it whenever it gets internet access.  So it should be possible to use the App for quite a while without internet access and then send the bulk data when you next run the App with internet access...

Eanikran

Quote from: Seze on March 28, 2010, 11:13:20 PM
I made some progress on the App today.  The main dictionary has now been switched over to use Tuiq's CSV file of the dictionary.  In switching the dictionary over I found out that the English to Na'vi dictionary that I had been using has been discontinued.  Tomorrow I will work on using the Na'vi dictionary to build the English version.  I was able to just swap the word name and definition fields, but nothing is in alphabetical now on the English dictionary.  Once I get that straightened out, I will try to push out the next build for everyone to use.

I added usage tracking code to the App a long time ago, and I thought I would share some of the usage data with you all.

North America: 40
Europe: 18
Asia: 3
Oceania: 1

Irayo ma beta-testers

Oe use the app every day when I'm working on KP's workbook. I can't wait to see how the v.1 turns out  :)

Seze

I've gotten a working version together that has the new dictionary guts in it.  I'm now starting the process of creating the next build, v0.3.0.  It should be up and ready for use in less than an hour or so.

Seze

Version 0.3.0 has been released

Release Notes for Version 0.3.0 (Build 69)
-New people added to the beta testers list
-Switched to Tuiq's CSV dictionary file
-Updated wordlist

Learn Navi v0.3.0

Installation Instructions
Decompress the .zip and then drag the two files in the folder to iTunes to install, and then sync.  Let me know if you have any problems with the new packaging format.

Comments
This release is minor.  Everyone who contacted me about getting on the beta testers list has been added.  There are also only 10 slots left on the beta testing list.

If you experience any crashes, or see anything odd, please report it on here...

Tirea Aean

Awesome stuff Seze. when I get home, I shall check it out!

Valuk

Keep getting the 'signer' is invalid error, wtf? Help, I'm new to the iTouch.
Hell, I'm new don't murder me!
When I get fit, I'll be a warrior. Well, skinnier lets go with that.
Your Na'vi Man at Arms and Protector of the weak: Valuk.

Tirea Aean

ma Valuk, RUTXE fpi EYWA sì FRA'U a sìltsan lu!...check out the first post of this thread!!! and every single page for that matter as you must be the 100th person who has posted about that XD lol

Seze

Srane, rutxe tìng nari ro "post" 'aw.  
Yes, please look at post one.

Seze

The iPhone/iPod Touch Beta Testing List is now CLOSED

I only have about 10 spots left on my account, and with the release of the new iPad, I want to reserve the remaining spaces for iPads.  There currently are no iPad specific functions in the App, but I want to make sure I have some iPad users in my beta tester pool when that time comes.

iPad Beta Testers Needed

I have 10 spots open for iPad Users.  This is open to anyone who is already on the beta testers list with an iPhone or iPod Touch as well.  To apply, please send me a PM with your iPad's UDID.

judytuna

Quote from: Seze on April 03, 2010, 10:18:06 PM
iPad Users

O how I wish I were one! Stopped by the Apple store to take a look at like 8pm today, and the line just to get in was still nuts. =D Fun times. Good luck!

Col Quaritch

I just got my Ipad how would I install this on it?