Learn Na'vi iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad App - beta v0.6.1

Started by Seze, January 11, 2010, 10:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Tirea Aean on April 29, 2010, 08:24:54 PM
I cannot count how many times someone has posted on THIS VERY THREAD about THAT VERY PROBLEM. XD it would maybe have helped to read through it. not to be super mean or anything. Im just stating a fact. :3

Yeah people never read the first post anyway ....
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Seze

Yeah, anymore I just answer the question and go on.  It would be nice if people would at least read the first post, maybe I need to put big warning signs around the download link...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Seze on April 29, 2010, 08:40:31 PM
Yeah, anymore I just answer the question and go on.  It would be nice if people would at least read the first post, maybe I need to put big warning signs around the download link...

Use a spoiler tag ;)
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Kawazoe on April 29, 2010, 08:42:01 PM
Quote from: Seze on April 29, 2010, 08:40:31 PM

Use a spoiler tag ;)

wintastic. that should be funny

Tirea Aean

THE SOLUTION TO MANY questions regarding this project found HERE Also please note that though it says to report stuff, please at least read the thread before reporting the same thing as about 25 other people posted about from pages 5-25 time and time again. It will be best for all.

To take a load off Seze's back(and only if he wants me to do this), I am willing to answer your questions regarding the iPhone App in a PM...unless you want to express to him that you want to assist in development.(actually coding and designing the app) send those to him.

Seze

Quote from: Tirea Aean on April 30, 2010, 05:55:14 AM
THE SOLUTION TO MANY questions regarding this project found HERE Also please note that though it says to report stuff, please at least read the thread before reporting the same thing as about 25 other people posted about from pages 5-25 time and time again. It will be best for all.

To take a load off Seze's back(and only if he wants me to do this), I am willing to answer your questions regarding the iPhone App in a PM...unless you want to express to him that you want to assist in development.(actually coding and designing the app) send those to him.

Sounds like a plan...

Irayo

Tirea Aean

no problem ma Seze. glad to help out where I can.

Seze

Irayo ma frapo for patiently waiting for the next release.  I found some time yesterday and today to work on the App.  Release v0.4.0 will out later today sometime.  The new version uses a local database to store all the dictionary info, instead of a text file.  Performance has been increased significantly as well.  The scrolling is smoother, and there is 0 delay now when opening the dictionary or when switching between the English or Na'vi modes.  I want to get the Search feature working again before I post v0.4.0 and depending on how long that takes, I may have something else I would like to add before the release as well.

Seze

So, just letting you all know that I just figured out how to use the Apple Push Notification Service.  I'm hoping to be able to use it to push notifications out that there is an updated beta available, or that there is a dictionary database update ready to download.

I'm going to keep playing with it for now.  New release should be out in a few hours...

Tirea Aean

Maweya tswonyu

Looks like I'll be pulling an all nighter waiting for this one :) keep up the good work ma Seze!
"You are like a baby, making noise, don't know what to do" - Neytiri Te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

"All energy is borrowed, and one day you have to give it back."

Seze

Version 0.4.0 has been released

Release Notes for Version 0.4.0 (Build 78)
-New people added to the beta testers list
-All data now stored in a sqlite database
-Updated wordlist
-Added Push Notification Support
-Made Part of Speech filter customizable
-Significant code optimization
-Shrank App file size down from ~6MB to ~1.5MB
-Search is broken, will hopefully be fixed in the next release

This App only works on authorized devices, download link below for those authorized to run the App.

Installation Instructions
Decompress the .zip and then drag the two files in the folder to iTunes to install, and then sync.  Let me know if you have any problems with the new packaging format.

Comments
This release is MAJOR.  You should notice some significant performance gains in this release.  Everyone who contacted me about getting on the beta testers list has been added. 

If you experience any crashes, or see anything odd, please report it on here...

Mako

Maweyatan

I found something odd, ma Seze. The word "go" is in the "D" section for English...Plus, the words are not in alphabetical order. Other than that, I think it handles well and has a great future!  ;D

~Maweyatan.

Seze

Quote from: Maweyatan on May 02, 2010, 10:16:42 PM
I found something odd, ma Seze. The word "go" is in the "D" section for English...Plus, the words are not in alphabetical order. Other than that, I think it handles well and has a great future!  ;D

~Maweyatan.

I never even noticed, should be an easy fix.  Irayo for finding it.

Seze

Quote from: Seze on May 02, 2010, 10:22:38 PM
Quote from: Maweyatan on May 02, 2010, 10:16:42 PM

~Maweyatan.

I never even noticed, should be an easy fix.  Irayo for finding it.

It is alphabetized though, just on the wrong column in the database.  Its sorting based on the na'vi definition and not the English word.  Depending on how busy my schedule is tomorrow, I may be able to fix this quickly.

Maweyatan

No problemo, ma Seze. I'm happy to help, finally. I absolutely love this app. I use it everday for skype chat :D

~Maweyatan

Seze

I've added some new features in the v0.4.0 release that most of you may not even realize are there.  The App now has user customizable settings that you can change via the "Settings" App on your device.  In v0.4.0 you can change what Parts of Speech you want displayed on the bottom toolbar in the Dictionary.  In v0.4.1 (will be out shortly) you can change what language the dictionary opens up in, "English" or "Na'vi".  

Also, I think it might be a good idea to add in International support to the App.  On the downloads page of the main learnnavi.org site, you can see all the dictionaries that are available with CSV support.  I can add any of those dictionaries into the App without too much trouble, however I have no idea where to start with translating the rest of the App.  If anybody wants to help out on this, I would really appreciate it.  

Seze

Version 0.4.1 has been released

Release Notes for Version 0.4.1 (Build 83)
-Fixed alphabetical ordering bug
-Fixed entries out of place bug
-Added Dictionary Version to main screen
-Added additional user settings to the App for default dictionary language

This App only works on authorized devices, download link below for those authorized to run the App.

Installation Instructions
Decompress the .zip and then drag the two files in the folder to iTunes to install, and then sync.  Let me know if you have any problems with the new packaging format.

Comments
This release is minor.  We are getting really close to being able to download updates to the dictionary over the network instead of bundled with a new version of the App.

If you experience any crashes, or see anything odd, please report it on here...