Learn Na'vi iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad App - beta v0.6.1

Started by Seze, January 11, 2010, 10:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seze

Quote from: Tirea Aean on May 18, 2010, 01:22:26 PM
this thread is teeming with the answer to that problem...pages like 2-30 or something. this is a vERY common problem. the answer is that you need to be on the beta tester list to even use the app. once you are on that list, the next beta version will have you listed to be able to use it. and then you drag the two files from the zip to itunes and then sync your device.

And the beta testers list is closed as well, so if you aren't already on it, you won't be able to run the App legally.  There are other options available if you jail break your device, but I do not support that option so do so at your own risk...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Kyle Kepone

Ok my bad haha. I'm definitely on this when it comes out for real though. Irayo!
Oe lu 'eylan lì'fyayä leNa'vi

My Blog, including Na'vi lessons: http://dissentculture.wordpress.com

riftmaster

Seze,

I joined beta testers a while back.
I tried to install v0.5 but it said my 'entitlements are not valid' and fails to install

please help,

riftmaster

Seze

Quote from: riftmaster on May 18, 2010, 04:15:26 PM
Seze,

I joined beta testers a while back.
I tried to install v0.5 but it said my 'entitlements are not valid' and fails to install

please help,

riftmaster

Skxawng moment on my part.  I attached the wrong provisioning file when I packaged the App up.  I just updated the file, try downloading it again...

riftmaster

It's 10pm UK time,

I will try it in the morning.

Thanks for creating such an amazing app

Irayo,
riftmaster

Eanikran

oe might have missed this but has anyone noticed the search bar isn't working? when you type something it instantly says no results, on both the english-Na'vi and Na'vi-ìnglìsì sorting.
again, I might have missed it, correct me if I'm being a skxawng :D

pic related

Vrrtak

I was curious if this app will, eventually, be available for purchase on the Itunes store. Cause I would really like to have a mobile resource for learning Na'vi.
Pa'li lu kerusey. Ftivang terakuk po!

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Devilstrike on May 18, 2010, 09:40:40 PM
I was curious if this app will, eventually, be available for purchase on the Itunes store. Cause I would really like to have a mobile resource for learning Na'vi.

Yeah, of course it will! It is slowly getting ready for prime time and with those last push-notifications + dico audo-update, it is heading for a very good rating :D
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Seze

Quote from: Na'rìnga Taronyu on May 18, 2010, 09:33:20 PM
oe might have missed this but has anyone noticed the search bar isn't working? when you type something it instantly says no results, on both the english-Na'vi and Na'vi-ìnglìsì sorting.
again, I might have missed it, correct me if I'm being a skxawng :D

pic related

Its in the release notes that Search is broken.  Its been broken since v0.4.0 I believe.  It is high on my todo list...

Seze

Quote from: Devilstrike on May 18, 2010, 09:40:40 PM

Srane, it will be going to the App Store at some point, assuming Apple Approves it.  I'm only one person, who has a day job, so I'm working as quickly as possible.  Along that line, v0.5.1 will be released as soon as I write the post releasing it, so if you don't see v0.5.1 below, check back in a couple of minutes...

Seze

Version 0.5.1 has been released

Release Notes for Version 0.5.1 (Build 92)
-Fixed Dictionary Alphabetical Sorting

This App only works on authorized devices, download link below for those authorized to run the App.

Installation Instructions
Decompress the .zip and then drag the two files in the folder to iTunes to install, and then sync.  Let me know if you have any problems with the new packaging format.

Comments
This release contains bug fixes.  The dictionary database is now alphabetizing correctly.  Search is still broken...

If you experience any crashes, or see anything odd, please report it on here...

Meuia te Stxeli Tstew'itan

Quote from: Seze on May 18, 2010, 11:55:44 PM
Version 0.5.1 has been released

Release Notes for Version 0.5.1 (Build 92)
-Fixed Dictionary Alphabetical Sorting

This App only works on authorized devices, download link below for those authorized to run the App.

Decompress the .zip and then drag the two files in the folder to iTunes to install, and then sync.  Let me know if you have any problems with the new packaging format.

Comments
This release contains bug fixes.  The dictionary database is now alphabetizing correctly.  Search is still broken...

That last push notification triggered a dictionary update. You might want to take a look at that.
Fìtsenge kifkey nìswey livu txo ayoe nìNa'vi perlltxeie. Ngal 'awstengyem olo'it fpi tskxekeng.

Seze

I'm pretty sure that was supposed to happen.  The notification was for both an update to the database and a new version of the App coming out.

Seze

Just found a bug.  When I fixed the alphabetical sorting problems in the database, it introduced a new bug on the "English" view of the dictionary.  Tho original fix to get the database to sort properly was to swap out all of the ä's and ì's with b's and j's respectively.  This made things sort properly.  Only problem is that now on the English side, All my B's and J's are getting swapped out to ä's and ì's.  I will try to get this fixed today sometime...

Seze

Version 0.6.0 has been released

Release Notes for Version 0.6.0 (Build 98)
-Fixed Dictionary Search
-Fixed B,J,Ä,Ì character bug

Comments
This release contains some big bug fixes.  The dictionary is searchable again...

riftmaster

Everything works apart from:
I cannot search for na'vi words with ' in it (e.g. Na'vi)

thanks again,
riftmaster

Seze

Version 0.6.0 has been released

Release Notes for Version 0.6.1 (Build 103)
-Fixed searching with ' character

Decompress the .zip and then drag the two files in the folder to iTunes to install, and then sync.  Let me know if you have any problems with the new packaging format.

Comments
This release contains some bug fixes.

Seze

Quote from: riftmaster on May 19, 2010, 04:40:56 PM
Everything works apart from:
I cannot search for na'vi words with ' in it (e.g. Na'vi)

thanks again,
riftmaster

Thanks for finding this.  Should be fixed in v0.6.1.

Seze

I'm getting ready to add images to the dictionary, but I am going to need some help on this one.  What I am going to need are images that would go well with the different entries in the dictionary.  I am currently working on a website that would allow you to upload pictures to the dictionary database.  Until I get the site done, start collecting any images you find that you think would go well with the dictionary.  You can post them here if you want as well in the meantime.

Irayo,

Seze

Woot: Post 500 in this thread...

Seze

I'm locking this topic since it has become way too big.  If you have any new ideas for the App please create a new topic for the idea.  Any bug reports should be made in the thread for the appropriate version of the App.