Android - 0.8.0

Started by omängum fra'uti, September 13, 2010, 12:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Irayo Thanks for getting this app working again, it was seriously overdue!

Droid X. No problems encountered after uninstalling 0.7.0. Asked for update after install, and updated!

lefpom nìwotx

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tirea Aean

Keep in mind its BETA status, it's not in the market yet. I'm not sure if it was the right thing or not, posting the .apk like that. Hopefully I have not infringed upon or stepped on the developers in any way...

Seze

Quote from: Tirea Aean on September 25, 2011, 04:41:52 PM
Hopefully I have not infringed upon or stepped on the developers in any way...

Not at all, did you make any changes to the code or did you just build the latest version?

If you are starting to actually work on the code, let me know and I can get you access to our SVN repo.

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Seze on September 25, 2011, 07:17:45 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on September 25, 2011, 04:41:52 PM
Hopefully I have not infringed upon or stepped on the developers in any way...

Not at all, did you make any changes to the code or did you just build the latest version?

If you are starting to actually work on the code, let me know and I can get you access to our SVN repo.

All I did was change the min_SDK number in the Manifest.xml in order to get it to compile in eclipse for the Android 2.1 SDK 7 build target. That single int is the only thing I changed, then I compiled.

If/when I make changes on my local copy, I'll let you know, if the offer still stands.

Tsmuktengan

I have just finally installed the apk on my HTC Desire (with leedroid's Desire HD Android port) and it works like a charm, except that special characters (phonetic characters) are displayed as '?'.

Otherwise, I am now having the dictionary revision 162-200. It is almost perfect and could be placed online in the Android Market as it's stable and has all the necessary features now. I fail to see at least what would prevent such an app to be on the market, at it is more stable than some other apps that should not be in the Market.  :)

Yawne Zize’ite

If SQLite is giving you collation issues, have you checked SQLiteDatabase.setLocale? I don't know much about how SQLite works, let alone your program, but collation is locale-dependent and you probably need to make it UTF-8 or somesuch to use the Unicode collation algorithm. If you're using the C or POSIX locales, they sort (in most implementations?) directly by code point, and ä and ì have code points somewhere after z.

Edit: regarding IPA, most Android phones ship without a font that has all the IPA characters so they display as boxes. Nothing you can do but use some variant of SAMPA, really.

Tsmuktengan

All Na'vi dictionary words are properly displayed on my Android phone. Only the honetic transliterations fail to be displayed properly and show many '?' characters.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on November 21, 2011, 09:01:53 PM
All Na'vi dictionary words are properly displayed on my Android phone. Only the honetic transliterations fail to be displayed properly and show many '?' characters.

same here. I am not sure what exactly is causing this, but most likely a font and/or UTF-8 encoding issue. Also, are we talking about the 0.7.1 I compiled recently, or are we talking about the 0.7.0 from much earlier in the thread?

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Tirea Aean on November 21, 2011, 10:33:02 PM
Quote from: Tsmuktengan on November 21, 2011, 09:01:53 PM

same here. I am not sure what exactly is causing this, but most likely a font and/or UTF-8 encoding issue. Also, are we talking about the 0.7.1 I compiled recently, or are we talking about the 0.7.0 from much earlier in the thread?

0.7.1 (the topic's first thread needs to be updated by the way).

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on November 22, 2011, 06:36:19 AM

0.7.1 (the topic's first thread needs to be updated by the way).

Done.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I have been running 0.7.1 for a month now, and everything is good except for the missing IPA characters (which is of minor importance to me, but it would be good to get a font that has them.)

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tirea Aean

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on November 23, 2011, 03:16:15 PM
I have been running 0.7.1 for a month now, and everything is good except for the missing IPA characters (which is of minor importance to me, but it would be good to get a font that has them.)

right. I confirm that this is the only bug, it is an annoying one but idk how to fix it yet... :(

Pxullte

this is fantastic! I saw this for Ipod touch and thought it was totally unfair that there wasn't the same for android!
Irayo! (If I knew how to say 'thank you very much' I would!)

akiwiguy

Quote from: Pxulawt on December 04, 2011, 03:50:46 PM
Irayo! (If I knew how to say 'thank you very much' I would!)
That would be irayo nìtxan ;D

Pxullte

Tirea Aean

My 0.7.1 build hosted on skxawng.lu doesn't work on Android 3.1 Samsung Galaxy tab.

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 27, 2011, 09:10:39 AM
My 0.7.1 build hosted on skxawng.lu doesn't work on Android 3.1 Samsung Galaxy tab.

I should receive an Asus Transformer Prime in January, should have Android 3.x and will have Android 4 (Icecream Sandwich). If that can help you, I will be happy to test and send you error reports (if your app's version creates debug log files).

I do not have enough knowledge to help in programming so...

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 27, 2011, 09:10:39 AM

Upgraded my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 to Android 3.2 today and now the latest app version is functional, running in compatability mode.

Tirea Aean

Skxawng.lu down.

Apk Attached.

Tsmuktengan