Android - 0.8.0

Started by omängum fra'uti, September 13, 2010, 12:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hì'ia tuté

oe pxel fì'u. :D not sure if what I said is totally grammatically correct, but it's a start... :D

Tirea Aean

Quote from: hì'ia tuté on April 27, 2012, 10:16:16 PM
oe pxel fì'u. :D not sure if what I said is totally grammatically correct, but it's a start... :D

Oeru sunu fì'u :)

Also,

Iam currently working on tweaking the UI to look and feel better on 10.1" Honeycomb tablets. Since I have one, and the LN app here as it is targets only phones of Donut or higher. Running this in compatibility on a 10" tab is a little ugly and awkward.

Anyone interested in a tablet version? If so, I'll post it here when I'm done.

Puvomun

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 26, 2012, 08:52:27 AM
Iam currently working on tweaking the UI to look and feel better on 10.1" Honeycomb tablets. Since I have one, and the LN app here as it is targets only phones of Donut or higher. Running this in compatibility on a 10" tab is a little ugly and awkward.

As the owner of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" (eat that, Apple ;) ) I can wholeheartedly say SRANE!
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Ningey

I just installed it, and as far as I can tell, it runs fine on a Galaxy Ace.
So far I haven't experienced any troubles. :)

"Sawtute ke tsun nivume - fo ke kerame!"
-- Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

"There are two things that are infinite: Human stupidity and the universe. However, I'm not yet sure about the universe."
-- Albert Einstein

"He who gives up freedom for security deserves neither and loses both."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Taronyu Leleioae

FYI that I just upgraded my Motorola Droid Pro phone from 0.6.7? (installed end of May) to 0.7.0
File downloaded but wouldn't install.  Had to uninstall the old version.  Then 0.7.0 installed ok.  Then immediately pulled for a dictionary update which it says is "Word List Version 57".  I'll try download 0.7.1 manually and see what happens...

UPDATE > Manually downloaded 0.7.1 but it failed to install.  Had to uninstall 0.7.0 first.  Then 0.7.1 installed fine.  Then again immediately pulled for a dictionary update which it says is now "Word List Version 468".  I like the "Preferences" sub menu and the ability to update the lists.

Irayo!

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Puvomun on July 26, 2012, 10:51:28 AM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 26, 2012, 08:52:27 AM

As the owner of a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7" (eat that, Apple ;) ) I can wholeheartedly say SRANE!

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7510 ;)

So far so good on the progress btw. I edited most of it ON my tab via AIDE which is an epic app free on the play store, nice for those Android devs out there :)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on July 26, 2012, 06:36:57 PM

UPDATE > Manually downloaded 0.7.1 but it failed to install.  Had to uninstall 0.7.0 first.  Then 0.7.1 installed fine.  Then again immediately pulled for a dictionary update which it says is now "Word List Version 468".  I like the "Preferences" sub menu and the ability to update the lists.

Irayo!

Awesome. Good news!

Seze

Looks like there was an issue with the database conversion process.  It shouldn't have effected anything in the app.  The issue was keeping new versions of the database from being created, so we were stuck at version 468 (created on 7/14/12).  The current version is now 477, which contains just under 40 changes since version 468.

For some reason, the database I use in MySQL was missing, which caused the conversion process to fail.  The database in question gets blown away and rebuilt every time the SQL file is regenerated from the EanaEltu system, but since it was already gone, my script errored out because it couldn't drop a database that was already gone...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Tirea Aean

Seze

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Taronyu Leleioae

Confirmed.  The app auto checked and said there was a database update.  Downloaded.  Now at Word List Version 477.

Tirea Aean

AAAAAND here is the preliminary prototype of my work thus far...

Learn Na'vi 0.7.1 for Android 3.0+ devices (mostly tablets)

Let me know what you think. It didn't take me as long as I thought. Mostly a bunch of XML editing as well as just a tiny bit of GIMP work.

.apk attached.

EDIT: It still needs just a little bit of work on the About and Disclaimer pages.
DOUBLE EDIT: I only edited the Landscape orientation layout.

Plans/TODO:
  • Make the sidebar just ever so slightly wider
  • Make the items on the right one row and not so small looking, to better fill the space
  • work on the Disclaimer/About pages Landscape

Tsmuktengan

As soon as I have the occasion (soon), I will test this on my Touchpad.

Can't you actually set which GUI the program will use according to the device/screen size? I guess it is possible to avoid having to maintain two APKs...

Niri Te

You don't know HOW MUCH I want to thank you, Tirea. This POS HP notebook is GARBAGE. On the first, I am getting a Kindle Fire, and that will be my Wifi  computer. We have a wireless server in the house, so I can use it here IF I can get it to "talk" with the server. (A Belkin). Will it be up and running by Wednesday night?  Niri Te

Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Puvomun

Fantastic job, ma Tirea. Works like a champion. :-)

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Palulukan Maktoyu

;D Txantsan ma Tirea Aean! Working fine on my Transformer Prime android 4.0.3 a few textures look stretched. but the learnnavi.org link opens up directly to my default browser just perfect!
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on July 27, 2012, 10:12:36 PM
As soon as I have the occasion (soon), I will test this on my Touchpad.

Can't you actually set which GUI the program will use according to the device/screen size? I guess it is possible to avoid having to maintain two APKs...

I know it's possible, I just don't know how. I'l look into it.
Quote from: Niri Te on July 27, 2012, 10:26:02 PM

You don't know HOW MUCH I want to thank you, Tirea. This POS HP notebook is GARBAGE. On the first, I am getting a Kindle Fire, and that will be my Wifi  computer. We have a wireless server in the house, so I can use it here IF I can get it to "talk" with the server. (A Belkin). Will it be up and running by Wednesday night?  Niri Te

You probably won't be able to install this on the kindle fire without hacking it which is a bunch of work. I'm not totally sure about that but I don't think you are able to dowload an .apk and install it on the device normally. If you can, then that's awesome. I đont know much about the kindle fire except that it is very customised by Amazon.

Quote from: Puvomun on July 28, 2012, 12:42:06 AM
Fantastic job, ma Tirea. Works like a champion. :-)

:)

Quote from: Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean on July 28, 2012, 02:10:38 AM
;D Txantsan ma Tirea Aean! Working fine on my Transformer Prime android 4.0.3 a few textures look stretched. but the learnnavi.org link opens up directly to my default browser just perfect!

Looks good on ICS then? Awesome! Yeah still working on those stretched textures.

Irayo ma frapo, I will continue working on this. :)

Tirea Aean

Update! New .apk for tab:

Fixed images, added search button, added prefs/support to dict menu some text resizing.

Palulukan Maktoyu

yay got first download, will let ya know in a moment how goes
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Puvomun

Ngopyu ayvurä.