Android - 0.8.0

Started by omängum fra'uti, September 13, 2010, 12:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puvomun

Pandora_demo by pagan_paul, on Flickr

I think this looks quite good. (Not the right font and colour, I know, but hey...)
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Tirea Aean

the background image of those pages is a horizontal flip of the remaining portion of that image on the right plus some black... (cos.. well, frankly, the image was not long enough for two landscape tablet screens.) It was done that way because of the image continuity of the slide animation and the horizontal flip animation to look good and make sense.

If I were home now, I'd show you what it looks like but I am on my tab curently and have no app that opens .psd files

Basically: I agree, that looks okay, but I cant do it that way and have the animation make sense. ;)

Puvomun

There are of course all these things to consider. I'd leave it the way it is now. You can add all kinds of fancy-isms but that's not so important. What counts is that the information is displayed in a proper manner, and it is.

It has become a very nice and usable app, on the phone as well as on a tablet.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Tirea Aean

Yay! Then I did what I sought to do. :)

I plan to sometow commit this to the project repository... but before that, I need to look into how to only have one apk but have it decide which to run -- phone or tab. Then I wanna look into how to publish it on Google Play. FINALLY after all this time. XD

Ningey

Seysonìltsan, ma oeyä 'eylan!

Ngal kanom karmati +1!

"Sawtute ke tsun nivume - fo ke kerame!"
-- Neytiri te Tskaha Mo'at'ite

"There are two things that are infinite: Human stupidity and the universe. However, I'm not yet sure about the universe."
-- Albert Einstein

"He who gives up freedom for security deserves neither and loses both."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Tirea Aean

Seze

As for getting it in the Play Store, I've already taken care of part of that process.  Send me the google account you want to use Tirea and I'll add you to my developer account.

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Seze on July 31, 2012, 04:41:43 PM
As for getting it in the Play Store, I've already taken care of part of that process.  Send me the google account you want to use Tirea and I'll add you to my developer account.

Looks like you've sent me an email about it already. Taking care of it.

Irayo :D

EDIT: Invitation accepted. Coolness!

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 31, 2012, 06:56:08 AM
Awesome. Thoughts on the landscape layout on tablets on that newest posted version? Or has it been nailed?

Oh and ps, I could NOT figure out how to get the version string and database version string aligned properly on the About page without making the ENTIRE layout on the page look vomit inducing. So I've stuck the strings on the left for now.

Ok getting it on Prime now had put it on my note first will post back
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Palulukan Maktoyu

8)  seysonìltsan.
Interesting tidbit for you, for those with a hardware keyboard ( transformer 101/201/300 ) as soon as you start typing it opens the search automatically. noted the LN logo in the top left flash's when touched but does nothing. ( kinda odd but expected as i think it's just a branding mark hehe )
all works good, colors look good as well

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean on July 31, 2012, 10:38:09 PM
8)  seysonìltsan.
Interesting tidbit for you, for those with a hardware keyboard ( transformer 101/201/300 ) as soon as you start typing it opens the search automatically. noted the LN logo in the top left flash's when touched but does nothing. ( kinda odd but expected as i think it's just a branding mark hehe )
all works good, colors look good as well

Yes, it was a built in feature that if you have a hardware keyboard, it starts a search on typing.

I did think of making the logo bring you back to the home page. I will figure that one out and post back when I've finished that.

Tirea Aean

Setting Logo to go back home was simple implementation.

New version attached.

Themes. How does everyone like all the black? ;) Anyone want white instead? I will look into putting theme settings in the preferences IF there is interest.

Puvomun

I'm fine with black, but Na'vi blue / stripes would be neat! ;)
Will pull the newest version in after posting this.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Tirea Aean

I wonder if I can theme it like www.learnnavi.org

Also, before you grab that, I've discovered incontinuity in the Home/Resources background imagen, resulting in minor hiccup in the slide animation. Fixing.

Puvomun

To give you an idea how it looks on my tablet (7"):

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Tirea Aean

TARDIS PHONE CASE!!!!  ;D ;D ;D 8)

Also, I think that looks pretty good. :) anything you would have changed?

Puvomun

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 01, 2012, 02:13:13 PM
TARDIS PHONE CASE!!!!  ;D ;D ;D 8)
Yup! :D

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 01, 2012, 02:13:13 PM
Also, I think that looks pretty good. :) anything you would have changed?
Not at this point, not for me anyway now. I'll take it to work tomorrow and mess about with it a little, see if I find room for improvement. I had a 9 hour workday, no break, and then had a treatment at the gym that my trainer called "die a little", so I am not all too clear and clever at the moment.

Thought it nice to show you how it looks here though, so you can actually see it in action somewhere else.. :)

Irayo for all the great work you do on the Android app, ma Tirea. +1 again. :)

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Tirea Aean

:) also, big props to Omängum fra'uti for the Android version base code and for Seze for all his work too. I am just making some tweaks to their work ;)

Almost done resolving the homescreen discontinuity. Will post new apk as edit to this post, watch out :).

EDIT: new apk, fresh from the compiler

Palulukan Maktoyu

just crashed your fresh from the compiler version. load app, then just tilt to landscape, screen goes blank like it's going to rotate, and then boomback to hoe screen , says Unfortunatly Learn Na'vi has stopped.

Samsung Galaxy S3 , android 4.0.4. will test shortly on my other device's as time allows as i'm at work that or when i get home tonight

Palulukan Maktoyu

Ok tested on the Transformer prime for same thing, working fine , no crash , i'll get with yu later after work maybe?