Android - 0.8.0

Started by omängum fra'uti, September 13, 2010, 12:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on December 14, 2010, 01:11:33 AM

Alternatively, get me to finally get off my butt and finish it up so it can be put on the market. :D

Ok. 
* TunVrrtep picks omängum fra'uti up and drags him to the computer to finish it ...
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Maria TunVrrtep

Some phones have that feature disabled, so the only way to install it is using the debug interface.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=5827806#post5827806

Ok.  Seriously now.  Do I do this on the phone or on my computer?  I'm seriously confused. 
    Margaret Drabble

'Ewasyul

Ok.  Seriously now.  Do I do this on the phone or on my computer?  I'm seriously confused.  

You can either have your computer switched on and scan the image with your mobile phone (if your phone can do this)
Otherwise you go to this website (on your mobile phone) and click the image so that you can download the app.
Please correct me if I make any mistakes in Na'vi :)

Puvomun

Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 14, 2010, 06:22:24 AM

Alternatively, get me to finally get off my butt and finish it up so it can be put on the market. :D

Ok. 
* TunVrrtep picks omängum fra'uti up and drags him to the computer to finish it ...
ROFLOL!!!
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: Tìrol Tayoä on December 14, 2010, 09:08:36 AM
Ok.  Seriously now.  Do I do this on the phone or on my computer?  I'm seriously confused.  

You can either have your computer switched on and scan the image with your mobile phone (if your phone can do this)
Otherwise you go to this website (on your mobile phone) and click the image so that you can download the app.

I tried both.  It's telling me that the app is not coming from a trusted site.

Margaret Drabble

Puvomun

Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 14, 2010, 02:52:31 PM

I tried both.  It's telling me that the app is not coming from a trusted site.

I have bad news for you:

QuoteWe knew the Backflip was on Android 1.5 and replaced Google Search with Yahoo Search... fine, it's not the end of the world. But today we're hearing reports from around the web that not only does AT&T prevent you from deleting their branded apps from your phone, you're also not able to download non-market Android Apps. You know the option in your settings "download from unknown sources"? Doesn't exist on the Backflip – you simply can't do it.

Found that on http://phandroid.com/2010/03/08/att-warning-motorola-backflip-isnt-an-open-android/.

So someone should get off his butt and make the app Market-ready.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: Puvomun on December 14, 2010, 03:05:49 PM
Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 14, 2010, 02:52:31 PM

I tried both.  It's telling me that the app is not coming from a trusted site.

I have bad news for you:

QuoteWe knew the Backflip was on Android 1.5 and replaced Google Search with Yahoo Search... fine, it's not the end of the world. But today we're hearing reports from around the web that not only does AT&T prevent you from deleting their branded apps from your phone, you're also not able to download non-market Android Apps. You know the option in your settings "download from unknown sources"? Doesn't exist on the Backflip – you simply can't do it.

Found that on http://phandroid.com/2010/03/08/att-warning-motorola-backflip-isnt-an-open-android/.

So someone should get off his butt and make the app Market-ready.

That's what I've been saying.  It won't let me load an app that isn't from the app center.  I was hoping I could hack it.  But I just don't have time to play that game with it.  
So I'm waiting.  When it's done, I'll dl it.  Til then, I'm stuck.
* TunVrrtep pokes omängum fra'uti a lot!!!
    Margaret Drabble

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: TunVrrtep on December 14, 2010, 06:25:21 AM
Some phones have that feature disabled, so the only way to install it is using the debug interface.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=5827806#post5827806

Ok.  Seriously now.  Do I do this on the phone or on my computer?  I'm seriously confused. 
You do it on your computer, except for the one step that said to do it on your phone (The USB debugging option).  Once you install it I recommend turning that option off if you use a screen lock; it opens up an easy method to circumvent it.

It's a little bit of a pain but not too bad, and it does let you install it despite the phone's inability to install things it downloads directly.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

akiwiguy

Can't wait until December 26! I get a new Android phone! YAY! Guess what the first app I install on it will be...

Seze

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on December 15, 2010, 05:22:58 PM
Can't wait until December 26! I get a new Android phone! YAY! Guess what the first app I install on it will be...

A calculator...  ;D

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Seze on December 15, 2010, 06:16:58 PM

A calculator...  ;D
It probably comes with a calculator app installed.

I'm going to guess that your first app will be aDosBox

omängum fra'uti

Ok so I finally loaded up the Android SDK again to work more on this; and tonight got past the last major hurdle I was sitting at, so I hope to have feature parity with the iPhone app store version soon, and a release candidate build soon after.

Seze

Can't wait.  Once that's done, we'll have to figure out all the android marketplace stuff.

akiwiguy

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on December 16, 2010, 01:39:20 AM
Quote from: Seze on December 15, 2010, 06:16:58 PM

A calculator...  ;D
It probably comes with a calculator app installed.

I'm going to guess that your first app will be aDosBox

Nope. aDosBox needs a hardware keyboard, which mine doesn't have.

It'll be Swype, probably. Then the LN app, then Skype, then a VNC client.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

yesterday, my old phone met an untimely end.

So knowing how many things I can do with an Android phone, I purchased one as a replacement.

One of the first applications installed on the phone was this one. The I downloaded it by letting the phone 'read' the 'barcode' on the first post. The only problem I encountered was having to enable downloading an app from a non-Android Market source, and that was easy. (Re-enabled it afterwards) Seems to look and work great!

Tewti nang

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tìrey Tsmukan

Irayo nìtxan! Thank you guys so much! I've been looking for something like this for a while. I'm not amazing at Na'vi, particularly at remembering words, so I could never speak Na'vi whenever I wanted to, I had to be close to a computer so I could get my dictionary. But now!  :D ;D ;D :D ;D :D

Thanks so much!

Eywa ayngahu!

Palulukan Maktoyu

;D Very happy to see this. I had previous versions from long ago. so far loads up fine on my Galaxy S ( stock JPY firmware 2.2.1 ) will test on a ZTE Blade ( running Japanese Jellyfish rom 2.2 rls9 ) I'm hoping eventually the speech playback of words will be re-implemented, I miss that from the old one from way back there.
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Puvomun

I wonder when there will be a new word list available. It's been a while since there was an update.
Does anyone have news on this?

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Seze

Quote from: Puvomun on April 04, 2011, 04:22:28 AM
I wonder when there will be a new word list available. It's been a while since there was an update.

The word list is being updated on the server and pushed out to the iPhone version successfully.  I believe that the Android version uses the same server for updates, but Omängum Fra'uti would know for sure, since he wrote the Android version.

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Seze on April 04, 2011, 08:44:20 AM
Quote from: Puvomun on April 04, 2011, 04:22:28 AM

The word list is being updated on the server and pushed out to the iPhone version successfully.  I believe that the Android version uses the same server for updates, but Omängum Fra'uti would know for sure, since he wrote the Android version.
I think the current beta of the Android version still uses the old word list, which isn't being updated anymore because changes in the dictionary data source broke the update script.  The latest code for the Android app is using the new dictionary data which is the same the iPhone is using; but there's a crash bug that has been the reason I haven't released it yet, and I haven't had time to finish figuring out the cause of it.