Android - 0.8.0

Started by omängum fra'uti, September 13, 2010, 12:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

Palulukan Maktoyu

very , getting ready to test it on my note ( gt-N7000 )
>:( the same result on the GT-N7000
open app, let it update to latest word list no problem. touch nothing and just tilt into landscape, BOOM as below

edit update: ok even WORSE news.
Now none of the versions work reliably. going to try and go back to the original non tablet version and hope if fixes it. cause now all the previous versions make the words look really big and spaced out, and soon as it auto rotates app crash hard

edit2: ok have had to uninstall from both the note and s3, sadly any version other then the original 071 that was locked on the rotation on main 1st screen crash as soon as it rotates. screen just goes black and boom.
as well it would go into the woird list after tapping Dictionary but all the words were HUGE and spaced very far apart after a few moments of scrolling through them ( seconds) same crash in same manor. noticed in app management it had force stop available which was surprising as it should have fully closed :'(
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Palulukan Maktoyu

:) :D Ok Curent apk working fine on the Asus Transformer Prime ( Android 4.0.3)
Logo takes you back to the main loader screen so awesome there. auto rotate works all the way around. so no issues there.
LOVE the way it shows the meaning next to the word, MAJOR improvement
=)
hopefully i'l figure out why it suddenly went wrong on my note, but now the note will not run any version except the original one 0.7.1 etc. all the new one's that were working now do same issue os it has installed or changed sothing that isn't removed upon uninstall

Tirea Aean

Good news about the tab :) I wish you ruck figuring out the Note. I think I could help if I owned a Note. I pretty much need to see the logcat of around the time it crashes.

Palulukan Maktoyu

is that a dev mode thing and where would it save it

Tirea Aean

I don't know.

But the only way I know how to see it is with the adb which is part of the android sdk for PC, with the device plugged in the PC and device has developer debug mode on. And it is live output of what your device is calling and doing as well as messages by apps. I havent used adb a lot so idk how to put its output into a file.

It's kind of a lot of work to set up but if you're up forr it....

I wish I had an ICS device, namely a SG Note to test on.. but asl I have now is a SGT 10.1 on Honeycomb 3.2

Palulukan Maktoyu

Ok I can do this after i get home tonight as i've used adb in the past for numbes of other things * yea yea i know i'm sometimes more clever then i look *  i'l msg you later if that's ok

Tsmuktengan

Version number at the bottom of the screen did nothing to change, and crash when turning phone on landscape mode.

Otherwise it is functional. Tested on an HTC One X with Ice Cream Sandwich (yummy).

Tirea Aean

The version number has not changed.

And this landscape rotation bug seems to be related to Ice Cream Sandwich on PHONES, I'm starting to believe.

The newest Tablet versions of the app seem to work perfectly on TABLETS, which was the original goal. :)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I use this app all the time, but haven't updated the app itself in quite some time. I am running Android 2.3.4 on a phone. Should this version work for me?

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Tirea Aean

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on August 13, 2012, 03:43:02 PM
I use this app all the time, but haven't updated the app itself in quite some time. I am running Android 2.3.4 on a phone. Should this version work for me?

the most recent updates are tablet version targeted for Android 3.0+ it most likely won't even allow you to install it on a Gingerbread(2.3.*) device. The latest mods are for 10" and 7" tablet devices. :) that way, the app doesn't look awkward on a large screen. The original 0.7.1 version looks perfectly normal on phones and has not been changed any at all content-wise. It doesn't have any new features yet.

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on August 13, 2012, 12:06:48 PM
Version number at the bottom of the screen did nothing to change, and crash when turning phone on landscape mode.

Otherwise it is functional. Tested on an HTC One X with Ice Cream Sandwich (yummy).
So far it does the saem on my Galaxy S3 and my Galaxy Note ( both Android 4.0.4 ) however i found that if you turn off Auto rotate in the device then it doesn't crash cause it can't rotate. This only came about in the apk called android.apk ( previous versions didn't do this on the note ) but after running this version all previous versions started doing the same thing so I'm still not sure what it has changed. I'm planning something drastic ( a full factory reset on my note  ) but going to do a few backups first. Will advise

Puvomun

Interesting bit: I put the tab version on my Galaxy Nexus and that does not crash when auto-rotating...
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Tsmuktengan

Ma Tirea, what tablet do you have? I think you should consider upgrading to ICS, as almost no one uses Honeycomb anymore. ICS is cross-device and should be easier to handle than honeycomb.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on August 14, 2012, 08:19:20 AM
Ma Tirea, what tablet do you have? I think you should consider upgrading to ICS, as almost no one uses Honeycomb anymore. ICS is cross-device and should be easier to handle than honeycomb.

It's not my fault, Tsmuktengan. I have a 1st gen Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

It has been shown here that this tablet app works well on Ice Cream Sandwich (and Jellybean) tablets. (not phones, except for Puvomun's? ???)

Tsmuktengan

Yet you could get error or warning log even from that tablet certainly. Generally when one functionality is kinda unstable, you can get warnings. Doesn't your tablet have ICS by a simple update?

Tirea Aean

No. Everyonr knows that Samsung is massively behind on updating their products. i refuse to root.and flash. personal decision.

Tsmuktengan

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 14, 2012, 05:12:10 PM
No. Everyonr knows that Samsung is massively behind on updating their products. i refuse to root.and flash. personal decision.

I did not know this, as you want. Yet, if one day you need help about this, I'm a pretty experienced flasher. :)

You may find answers about your rotating related-bugs in developper forums. If you have got no clue why it generates this kind of error on so many devices, I'd say hey are your best chances. XDA is a famous one for developers of all sorts.

Puvomun

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 14, 2012, 04:41:38 PM
It has been shown here that this tablet app works well on Ice Cream Sandwich (and Jellybean) tablets. (not phones, except for Puvomun's? ???)

My phone already runs Jelly Bean, that might explain it. (Galaxy Nexus, latest Google phone, one of the first to get JB.)
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Puvomun on August 14, 2012, 11:03:48 PM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 14, 2012, 04:41:38 PM

My phone already runs Jelly Bean, that might explain it. (Galaxy Nexus, latest Google phone, one of the first to get JB.)

Yeh, yours is the first Jelly Bean phone it's been tested on afaik. It works well on Unil's Jelly Bean Moto Xoom too (probably already said that)

EDIT: OH! Ma Puvomun, could you please post screenshots from your SG Nexus?:

PORTRAIT:
* Kelutral page
* Dictionaly page
* Word popup box

LANDSCAPE:
* Kelutral
* Dictionary
* Popup

Irayo nìli ma tsmukan! :)