Android - 0.8.0

Started by omängum fra'uti, September 13, 2010, 12:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puvomun

Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Tirea Aean

Hey, Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean, what's the status of our current Dev build, again?

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: Tirea Aean on August 31, 2013, 01:16:48 PM
Hey, Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean, what's the status of our current Dev build, again?

built , working, and in da dropbox =)
and looks awesome on my tv HAHAHA
as well um Puvomun i just put the build from june this year in the same place you might wanna update to that as has more clear graphics 8D
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

Puvomun

Quote from: Palulukan Maktoyu on August 31, 2013, 03:10:42 PM
as well um Puvomun i just put the build from june this year in the same place you might wanna update to that as has more clear graphics 8D
Thanks!
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Toruk Makto

Whoever maintains the na site should pull the bit about the server being down.  Besides old, it also has a disparaging tone.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Taronyu Leleioae

Quote from: Toruk Makto on July 30, 2013, 11:13:49 AM
Is it just me, or is the Android app not updating?  I committed some changes to the dictionary a few days ago, but the word list hasn't updated yet.

I think the export script may need a loving "nudge" again.  No updates yet with the v13.00 dictionary changes for the app.  Still version 162-852.  Thanks!

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on October 04, 2013, 08:32:05 AM
Quote from: Toruk Makto on July 30, 2013, 11:13:49 AM
Is it just me, or is the Android app not updating?  I committed some changes to the dictionary a few days ago, but the word list hasn't updated yet.

I think the export script may need a loving "nudge" again.  No updates yet with the v13.00 dictionary changes for the app.  Still version 162-852.  Thanks!

Yea seems as of late Seze needs to massage the script from time to time

Palulukan Maktoyu

update worked apperantly voodoo magic on upstream was fixed so updates worked  new words now in app YAY

Taronyu Leleioae

Quote from: Palulukan Maktoyu on October 04, 2013, 07:12:30 PM
update worked apperantly voodoo magic on upstream was fixed so updates worked  new words now in app YAY

It did push the words.  Irayo!

FYI my version now says (162-Unk)

What is interesting... is that the app now is saying there is a "new word list" every time I open it.  It doesn't know what to do with the "Unk" version being the latest as it isn't numerical.  Would this be caused since we're on v13.00 of the master dictionary database file?  (the .00)?

Seze

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Tìtstewan

Just a note, if you generate the file for your mobile app by Eana Eltu system, you should know that Markì has tried to fix some font problems.
http://forum.learnnavi.org/language-updates/tetex-on-the-ln-server/msg594774/#msg594774

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Seze

The 13.00 version number isn't made available in the data that powers the mobile app database, so thats not causing it.  I just checked, and the server shows the current version as 897, but the table that stores that version data in the database that the mobile app downloads is empty.  No idea what caused that, but I'm looking into it...   

Seze

Ok, I found the problem.  When I forced an update earlier today, it caused a record in my database to get duplicated, which caused a part of my script to fail.  I haven't seen that happen before.  Anyways, its fixed now, but the problem now is that the app may not be able to handle the current state the local dictionary data is in. On iOS I had to reinstall the app to clear out the corrupted database.  I'm not sure if something similar will need to be done on Android or not since I don't have a copy of the android app handy to test with.

Tirea Aean

Unk is coming from the Java. I remember seeing that in the Source Code.

EDIT:

Taronyu Leleioae

Fixed!  Android app cleared itself with the standard auto update.

Now showing (162-902)

Yay!

Palulukan Maktoyu

Just a point the latest version of Tirea's LN Dictionary APP for android is currently on this link

http://goo.gl/Fi1C8F

Edit: Devices tested on so far
Sony Xperia Z (Android 4.2.3 ) 2gb ram 1920x1080
LG P920 ( android 4.0.4 ) 512mb ram 800x480
Huawei Ascend smartphone ( android 4.1.1 ) 512mb ram 800x480
Sumvision Nano slim+ (Android 4.0.4)512mb ram 1920x1080 ( connected to TV via HDMI )
Android Mini pc stick ( 4.2.2 ) 2gb ram 1920x1080 ( connected to tv via HDMI )

hope this helps
( if you guys think about it could you just post what devices you've had it run on
if you don't know the specs that's fine. but Manufacture and model number or model name as i can look pretty much anything up )
please include tablets , smartphones, android tv/pc sticks
as well as the version of android on the device. ( you can find this in settings under "ABOUT" )
if you are a more advanced user, the android version and what custom rom you happen to be running would be helpful )
Irayo!

Taronyu Leleioae

Both work fine.

SmartPhone:  Motorola Droid Pro, v2.3.4
runs the lower dpi display

Tablet:  Toshiba Thrive (10 inch/32GB), v3.2.1 (stock US ROM currently)
runs the full menu display (3 tabs on upper left are visible)

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Palulukan Maktoyu on October 05, 2013, 05:51:00 PM
Just a point the latest version of Tirea's LN Dictionary APP for android is currently on this link

Sumvision Nano slim+ (Android 4.0.4)512mb ram 1920x1080 ( connected to TV via HDMI )

hope this helps
( if you guys think about it could you just post what devices you've had it run on
if you don't know the specs that's fine. but Manufacture and model number or model name as i can look pretty much anything up )
as well as the version of android on the device. ( you can find this in settings under "ABOUT" )
if you are a more advanced user, the android version and what custom rom you happen to be running would be helpful )
Irayo!

Also tested and working on Google Nexus 7 (2012).

Ma Palu, I think I forgot to do some work for Nexus 7 -sized stuff. Hey everyone who has tablets: Do all the pages look correctly laid out?

I'll update the link on OP for now.

EDIT: Editing OP and the Change Log reminds me: Is this 0.7.1 officially released now? Hmm. When I have time, I'm gonna go make sure all my XML layouts are straightened out (Because I remember some of them were not 100% right) and then we should be ready to go for a Google Play Debut.... 3 Years late.

Taronyu Leleioae

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 05, 2013, 09:23:54 PM
Ma Palu, I think I forgot to do some work for Nexus 7 -sized stuff. Hey everyone who has tablets: Do all the pages look correctly laid out?

EDIT: Editing OP and the Change Log reminds me: Is this 0.7.1 officially released now? Hmm. When I have time, I'm gonna go make sure all my XML layouts are straightened out (Because I remember some of them were not 100% right) and then we should be ready to go for a Google Play Debut.... 3 Years late.

A question on the app.  I installed 0.7.1 a year ago on my phone.  And reloaded it on my tablet over 6 months ago.  Is it the same app coding?  Or have changes been made over the last year?  Thus we may not be running the "latest" 0.7.1 version.

If you go for a Google Play debut, maybe having this app "upgradeable" might be worth looking into, to tweak the app as needed with auto-downloads?

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 05, 2013, 09:23:54 PM
Quote from: Palulukan Maktoyu on October 05, 2013, 05:51:00 PM

hope this helps
Irayo!

Also tested and working on Google Nexus 7 (2012).

Ma Tirea,
No problem hence why i figure best to get all around testing this is more like an open beta. hrh

Ma Taronyu,
This version ( despite the same version number *Thumps Tirea for not updating the version number after the recent re-writes of the UI stuff* ) is definatly different then the one a year ago.
alot of tweaks were done by Tirea to update the UI and detect tablet vs smartphone.
on smartphones it does lock the autorotate mainly cause it would not look right, and 2 there has been known to crash due to it.
best option smartphones regardless of size are still that. Smart phones. not smart tablets hrh
all the different screen size graphics were redone for each dpi size common in the current market.
i may just downgrade my LG P920 back to 2.3.x if it will and see what happens, but i think you've saved me the trouble if it's working on your Moto

With that said maybe call this 0.7.2 or 0.8.0? ma Tirea? ( if so you get it in the code and i'll get it compiled and updated to the link )