Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Toruk Makto

Seze fixed it!   Irayo!!

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tirea Aean

#MaterialDesign makeover. Rewriting app from ground up. Here's an early WIP screen :D

Tìtstewan

:D :D :D
YAAAY!! Fì'u txantsan nìtxan nang!
This is a great idea to add categories such as nouns, adj, etc. I am looking forward to see this as final. :D
+1!
And hopefully one could find it on Google Play. :)

Edit: 8000 posts WOU

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Wllìm

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 25, 2015, 10:05:20 AM
#MaterialDesign makeover. Rewriting app from ground up. Here's an early WIP screen :D

Yay! Material design! +1 :D

Quote from: Tìtstewan on June 25, 2015, 10:21:30 AM
Edit: 8000 posts WOU
Seykxel sì nitram!

Tirea Aean

Tìtstewan

So, any news about this? :'D

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tìtstewan on August 31, 2015, 06:37:46 AM
So, any news about this? :'D

'eveng te atan posted in the iOS thread, inspiring me to get back to work on this.

Tìtstewan

*posts after a loooong time*

Are there any news about this app development? :) Just asking because it's kinda quiet about it.

Tirea Aean

If you remember, I am pretty much the lead dev on this Android app now yet have been isolated  in Navy boot camp for two months. Nothing has been done during that time of course. HRH I can't really do much here because my dev machine is back home and I'm at A School.

Audio examples in app is an age old recurring suggestion. I agree it would be awesome.

We have two choices: serve them in app and have the app be HUGE to download and take up SD card / onboard storage space, or require internet access for the audio feature to work, pulling words down from a server, using Mobile carrier data or WiFi.

Thoughts?

Wish I could keep this moving but I have less free time and means to work on this at the moment.. :S

Tìtstewan

Huge? I wouldn't call 60-70MB as huge. :)

Tirea Aean

Hmmm. Last time I tried to upload LN app to Play store when it was 60MB, it complained saying it's too big or something

Tìtstewan

Hahaw[hhvhhvcz]

If i can say something, the App on Google store could have about 100MB, that is true but App as itself can dowload much more date as unnecessary contents to run.

For example:

Facebook app on Android have 46MB as app but also 213MB as Date and 76MB as cache. So it's about 335MB completly.

Memrise app on Android have 26MB as app , 49MB as Date and 49MB as Cache. Completely about 124MB and it includes Na'vi course with some audio.

So my solution for you would be that (if it's possible), add somewhere to app choice to download audio files as separately downloadable content from main app.

I hope my idea can help and don't destroy everything. :)

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)
  • Worth: $1551 ($396 with sales) (updated 17.3.16)
  • Games owned: 97
  • Games not played: 34 (35%)
  • Hours on record: 1,825.3h

Tirea Aean

That could definitely work; The app upon its first ever run could download the files (not sure how much extra work or external library importing would be necessary to unzip a zip within an android app) and put them in a certain folder as app data. I'd have to look into how to do this. But then again, I'm not really focused on any of this at the moment and I absolutely invite anyone with even a little experience on how to develop Android apps to come aboard this project :D

Tìtstewan

I'll have to check wherther I can programm such apps (I've downloaded Android studio and stuff) then I can say more....

Tirea Aean

I've committed my latest personal Dropbox version of the Android app to the official LearnNa'vi Mobile github repo. This version is basically much more HD for high density screens and has a halfway decent tablet landscape layout.

I'm still working on the Material Design version of this app for all Lollipop+ devices.

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Tirea Aean on May 01, 2016, 12:01:57 PM
I've committed my latest personal Dropbox version of the Android app to the official LearnNa'vi Mobile github repo. This version is basically much more HD for high density screens and has a halfway decent tablet landscape layout.

I'm still working on the Material Design version of this app for all Lollipop+ devices.

Is there an apk for your latest?

Tirea Aean

Uhhm yes. It's pretty fn huge tho. That's why the app failed to get posted to Play Store. I'm still working on a responsive Material version whose apk will be damn small. It's that freakin tree graphic of all sizes and densities in the current version making it so huge. ;D