Learn Na'vi for Android [DEPRECATED]

Started by OV3RK!LL, February 17, 2010, 01:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OV3RK!LL

This thread has been marked as deprecated since there have been no new developments since 3/22/2010.

Kaltxì!

I have developed a Na'vi dictionary app for android I want to share with you.
The app contains a dictionary with search and filter functions and a phonetics and grammar guide.
Also all the mp3-examples are included.

The main screen

wordlist

For more information visit http://overkill.cp-g.net/navi.

To download Learn Na'vi for Android click market://search?q=pname:com.overkill.navi (only opens on an android phone) or use this qr-code

There is also a donate version in the market now. It has the same features as the free version but it's sold for 0.99€.
market://search?q=pname:com.overkill.navi_donate (only opens on an android phone) or use this qr-code

I hope you like this app.

Any feedback is welcome.

This thread has been marked as deprecated since there have been no new developments since 3/22/2010.

Got an Android phone? Get Learn Na'vi for Android

Eight

bagget00

"meoauniaea" (meh-oh-ah-oo-nee-ah-eh-ah). "Don't ask me what it means - I haven't assigned a meaning yet. But I love the word!" Frommer said.

"Latin and Zombies. Technically dead, but still influencing society."

Author of http://forum.learnnavi.org/fiction-fanfiction/displayed/

Seze

I love my iPhone too much to switch to Android, but I would really like to play with this App though. 

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Zefanaya

Quote from: OV3RK!LL on February 17, 2010, 01:32:36 PM
Kaltxì!

I have developed a Na'vi dictionary app for android I want to share with you.
The app contains a dictionary with search and filter functions and a phonetics and grammar guide.
Also all the mp3-examples are included.

The main screen

wordlist

For more information visit http://overkill.cp-g.net/navi.

To download Learn Na'vi for Android click market://search?q=pname:com.overkill.navi (only opens on an android phone) or use this qr-code

I hope you like this app.

Any feedback is welcome.

Nice work, I have a moto droid and love this app nice including the mp3 spoken word how ever we do need a few more words to have mp3's still amazing

Eywa ngahu
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

warmo161

really cool. did you read my mind?  i submitted this idea on the iphone app!!   but soon found out what i had to do if i wanted to make my own!

anyway. as soon as i get a nexus one i will be getting this!!!

but, which one is better. there is only one way to find out...

Eltusiyu

Nice work :D

Why I have a Windows Mobile Based Device  :'(

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

OV3RK!LL

Quote from: warmo161 on February 19, 2010, 10:19:42 AM
really cool. did you read my mind?  i submitted this idea on the iphone app!!   but soon found out what i had to do if i wanted to make my own!

I have noticed that there is an iphone app around here but i havnt read what features it has.
But if you missing any feature feel free to tell me. I'd see what I can do  ;)

warmo161

Quote from: OV3RK!LL on February 20, 2010, 06:45:10 AM

I have noticed that there is an iphone app around here but i havnt read what features it has.

well, i would look onthe post yourself. its a lot easier. also, looking at the screens. it looks like you've covered it   :)

hawnuyuna'viyä

Quote from: Kxrekorikus on February 19, 2010, 12:09:34 PM
Nice work :D

Why I have a Windows Mobile Based Device  :'(

What device? There are a few builds of android for some (kaiser, vogue, polaris etc.)

Anyway, irayo ma ov3rk!ll, fi'u nin txan.

Eltusiyu

I have PDA Asus A696 with Windows Mobile 6

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

hawnuyuna'viyä

Sorry, android ports currently only available for HTC devices, because of hardware compatibility.

You will just have to get an android device.

Seze

Quote from: warmo161 on February 20, 2010, 10:27:39 AM
Quote from: OV3RK!LL on February 20, 2010, 06:45:10 AM

well, i would look onthe post yourself. its a lot easier. also, looking at the screens. it looks like you've covered it   :)

The iPhone App I've been working on only has a dictionary in it right now.  It is searchable and has some preset filters for common parts of speech.  Also, all the content is from Taronyu's dictionary.  I can't really tell from the screenshots of the Android App, but it looks like your dictionary is missing some words.  I can't verify myself, since I don't have a device to run it on.  I would highly recommend you use Taronyu's dictionary source, since it is the most complete and up to date dictionary available right now.  My App is also all open-source, so feel free to browse the source for the code to parse Taronyu's dictionary source (texParser.pl converts the dictionary to a CSV like file).

hawnuyuna'viyä

Could you please post the .apk file, because the app is not showing in the market on my phone (G1 with 2.0.1).

OV3RK!LL

Quote from: Seze on February 20, 2010, 01:06:45 PM
The iPhone App I've been working on only has a dictionary in it right now.  It is searchable and has some preset filters for common parts of speech.  Also, all the content is from Taronyu's dictionary.  I can't really tell from the screenshots of the Android App, but it looks like your dictionary is missing some words.  I can't verify myself, since I don't have a device to run it on.  I would highly recommend you use Taronyu's dictionary source, since it is the most complete and up to date dictionary available right now.  My App is also all open-source, so feel free to browse the source for the code to parse Taronyu's dictionary source (texParser.pl converts the dictionary to a CSV like file).

I'm taking the words from http://www.learnnavi.org/navi-vocabulary/ and parse them to a xml-format before downloading them to the device. So if the are missing there, they are also missing in my app.

Is there any way to download Taronyu's dictionary? i only found a pdf and a .net program... maybe I'm just missing it....

Seze

He hasn't published the link to the Latex version of his dictionary, that I know of, but if you PM him he has been pretty generous about letting people get access to it for use in other projects.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Great tool! Enough to convince me to get an Android phone. But alas, I am bound to just a few devices, because I have to have mobile TV working in my phone to maintain a transmitter for said service. None of these are Android phones (yet). I will rejoice when an Android phone comes out that I can actually use!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Kxalatsi

Found the app before I found this thread!

Updating to Taronyu's dictionary would be great. 

Irayo

Kahmeh

Ahhh I am so pleased to see someone else is working on this, as the only Na'vi language app currently on the market for android (by andoop.com) contains only content from ASG and is apparently no longer being updated or supported...not sure what happened with it, seems to have been deleted with no explanation.

This looks like a great improvement, but I agree, it would be much more helpful if it could be expanded to include all of Taronyu's dictionary...great work in any case! Android rocks. :D
~the ending has not yet been written~

OV3RK!LL

There is a very big database update out now (460 -> 615 words).
Goto Settings->Update Wordlist to get it.

I'm also working on a few new features like a translations system and something like the "Tree of Voice" programm.
I also may find some time to make the gramma and phonetics are more readable ;)