Community Projects > Mobile Apps

Learnnavi for Windows 8 RT

<< < (2/2)

Eltusiyu:
No I do not want consider making a web app for all tablets 'cause I want learn how to develop Win8 Apps. I really like the Modern UI and Win8. I'm using it since Developer Preview (Oct, 2011) as main system on my pc. Now on second partition I have leaked Windows 8.1 (Windows Blue) and I can say it will bring some more functionalities to Start Screen.

I decided that LN app would be a very nice practice in that profession ;) Also I consider Windows Phone 8 version too. But at first I have to learn more of developing apps for that platform. Because I love new tile based Microsoft image :)

I agree with one point. Not many people have tablets with Windows 8 on board. Me too. I have laptop with casual screen :( There are too expensive at the moment. In the price range of e.g. Surface Pro I can aslo buy new smartphone, new laptop and quite good pc...

Swoka Ikran:

--- Quote from: Kxrekorikus on April 29, 2013, 03:07:26 am ---No I do not want consider making a web app for all tablets 'cause I want learn how to develop Win8 Apps.

--- End quote ---
If the purpose is just to learn to develop 8 apps, I can understand. :)

Have you considered open-sourcing it when it's finished? If so, someone else might wish to port it. This is the first modern UI app I've seen that actually looks really nice!

--- Quote from: Kxrekorikus on April 29, 2013, 03:07:26 am ---I really like the Modern UI and Win8.

--- End quote ---
I know far too many who don't, especially on a PC. The product itself is nice, but the "shove it on a normal PC" strategy MS used was a disaster. I played with it on a friend's x86 tablet and it really does work well as a tablet OS. The problem is the usability (or rather lack thereof) on normal non-touch PCs. It gets in your way and when I used it for a month or two on a test PC, I couldn't be productive.

--- Quote from: Kxrekorikus on April 29, 2013, 03:07:26 am ---Now on second partition I have leaked Windows 8.1 (Windows Blue) and I can say it will bring some more functionalities to Start Screen.

--- End quote ---
I haven't downloaded 8.1 since I got rid of my test box (gave to sister as a PC when she moved). What's been changed in it?

Eltusiyu:

--- Quote ---If the purpose is just to learn to develop 8 apps, I can understand. :)

Have you considered open-sourcing it when it's finished? If so, someone else might wish to port it. This is the first modern UI app I've seen that actually looks really nice!

--- End quote ---

That's the point.

Here is another screenshot. I think this is how the app will look like (more or less).
http://kxangangang.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/learnnavihomescreen1.png
If I finish it... Sure. If someone would like to translate it or port it. There is no problem :)

Tsmuktengan:
I think this would be awsome. I do not have Windows 8 neither yet. You manage to make your app look nice while keeping it readable.  :)

Raingerred:
I am downloading it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version