Community Projects > Mobile Apps

Learnnavi for Windows 8 RT

(1/2) > >>

Eltusiyu:
So... We have Learnnavi app for Apple and Google devices but we still do not have any for Windows 8/Windows Phone 8 based devices.
Here is what I've done so far.

I'm neither programmer or graphic but here is my concept of Learnnavi for Windows 8:
http://kxangangang.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/learnnavi-conpetv01.png
Size: 1366x768

What do you think? Next week maybe I'll but more of screenshots :)

Tìtstewan:
This app looks great! Unfortunately I havn't windows 8 yet. :(

Edit:
If you want to make your app multilingual, I would translate it in German. :)

Swoka Ikran:
Looks cool, and that screen shot suggests it has more features than the Android/iPad apps.

Unfortunately I don't own a tablet that runs 8 (have an iPad), and the modern half of 8 is awkward and pointless on a KB&M-only PC due to wasting a full screen.

Have you considered making this a web application instead so it'd be useful on all tablets? Win8 tablets are <1% of the market last I heard. :( Seeing RT is already HTML5-based, it'd probably not be terribly difficult to do.

Taronyu Leleioae:

--- Quote from: Swoka Ikran on April 28, 2013, 07:02:41 pm ---Win8 tablets are <1% of the market last I heard. :( Seeing RT is already HTML5-based, it'd probably not be terribly difficult to do.

--- End quote ---

Plus they are already working on the "fix" for Windows 8.  (Just like Vista!)  They are currently calling it "Windows Blue".  Clearly marketing failed...  They should just make a service pack and restore some of the Windows 7 look and functionality to make people happy...

It would also be nice to see the app actually work on a windows pc.  But I agree a web app would be more flexible.  The next generation of some tablets will be Win 8 OS driven.  But certainly not all.

Swoka Ikran:

--- Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on April 28, 2013, 07:10:31 pm ---
--- Quote from: Swoka Ikran on April 28, 2013, 07:02:41 pm ---Win8 tablets are <1% of the market last I heard. :( Seeing RT is already HTML5-based, it'd probably not be terribly difficult to do.

--- End quote ---

Plus they are already working on the "fix" for Windows 8.  (Just like Vista!)  They are currently calling it "Windows Blue".

--- End quote ---
Actually, the official name for Blue was released. They're just calling it Windows 8.1, and they've stated they will not fix the missing start menu (despite it being the leading cause of the product's failure on non-touch PCs).

--- Quote from: Taronyu Leleioae on April 28, 2013, 07:10:31 pm ---It would also be nice to see the app actually work on a windows pc.  But I agree a web app would be more flexible.

--- End quote ---
Just some more food for thought...some benefits of a web app over a Win8 app:
* Can be made to run on 99% of the today's devices, including all Android, Apple, and RT tablets, as well as PCs running any operating system with a modern browser.
* UI Consistency across said devices. We see the same interface everywhere.
* No app store approval needed. That means:
  * Update as often as you wish
  * No policies to follow.
  * If you later want to ask for donations or the like (hosting bill?) in-app, MS won't take part of it.
* Non-proprietary code (HTML and things like jQuery are standard, Win8's strange HTML5/JS interface isn't)
* Can still have a home screen icon on most tablets. Normal Windows users just create a shortcut.
* No installation needed, and updates are just there when they go to use it.

I don't want to get you down, but you're developing a really awesome-looking project for a platform that almost nobody uses. If Windows 8 was more widely accepted and used as I suspect it will be in a few years, I'd say go for it. For now though, I'd move to a standard everyone can use so all of us can enjoy it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version