Tsahìk ayholpxayä - Shaman of numbers [Android App]

Started by ´eveng te atan, April 21, 2019, 11:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

´eveng te atan

Kaltxì ma frapo,

since a few weeks, I´m learning how to make Android Apps.
My first big Thing is a calculator APP for Android mobiles.

The App can not only convert between decimal and octal numbers, it also can speak nìNa'viXD
It also can translate the time and date.

If you want to have a look, just visit MY BLOG.
You can download and install the App (23.7 MB) from this site.

Unfortunately, for several reasons, I´m unable to distribute the APP through the Google Play Store.

Before you ask, let me explain some things:
• You need a mobiile device or an emulator which has Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) installed.
• The App DOES NOT need (!) any access to the microphone, the camera, your accounts, GPS, Emails, etc.
• It does NOT save/send any of your personal data.
• You only havt to activate the installation from unknown sources.
• The speech I have recorded from a TTS voice and I tried to build the best and correct Na'vi like speaking as possible.
• You can change the in-App language to german, english and Na'vi, but it is possible to add other languages.
• This App will never be released for iOs, becuase my IDE only compiles Apps for Android mobiles.

If you have any suggestions, error reports, ideas, etc. just post it here or visit my discord server.

Enjoy it and happy Easter.

'eveng te atan

Vawmataw

Just to say it was a success installing it on an old tablet (5 years). The tablet just doesn't render the emojis in the same way. lol

QuoteThe speech I have recorded from a TTS voice
Yeah, and it has a German accent. :P

• I would correct the audio for the exponent because it says /vi.ʁe: nitʰ.ul/. There is no t.
  • ä is not /ɛ/ or /e:/, but rather /æ/. The closest sound is /a/; however, I think your German TTS will say /a:/.
    Or you can ask if you're allowed to use the audio samples from dict-navi.
  • Ngrr is the equivalent of Microsoft Sam's "soi".
  • Kämunge is pronounced x/ke:muŋə/, which makes comprehension a bit difficult.
I like the conversion functionality, but it has some errors:

• The octal mode accepts 8 and 9 in the calculations and in the result.
  • Let's say you type a number in the decimal mode and switch to octal mode. The conversion is correct, but the Na'vi word changes (which is incorrect).
Otherwise I like it very much!
Fmawn Ta 'Rrta - News IN NA'VI ONLY (Discord)
Traducteur francophone de Kelutral.org, dict-navi et Reykunyu

´eveng te atan

Quote from: Vawmataw on April 21, 2019, 02:27:38 PM
Just to say it was a success installing it on an old tablet (5 years). The tablet just doesn't render the emojis in the same way. lol
I have a very old Samsung Tab 2 with Andriod 4.1 XD ........
Via USB, the installation takes SOME LONG minutees XD XD

The octal mode accepts 8 and 9 in the calculations and in the result.
Right and I try to change it. But it is hard, becuase I can not simply ignore the 8 and 9 key in Na'vi mode XD

Let's say you type a number in the decimal mode and switch to octal mode. The conversion is correct, but the Na'vi word changes (which is incorrect).
Yep. Some days ago I figured it out. I´ll change it in one of the next versions.

Otherwise I like it very much!

Thank you.

Vawmataw

Quote from: ´eveng te atan on April 21, 2019, 02:43:14 PM
The octal mode accepts 8 and 9 in the calculations and in the result.
Right and I try to change it. But it is hard, becuase I can not simply ignore the 8 and 9 key in Na'vi mode XD
You don't have to mask the keys, you might just ask to give no output when pressing them.

´eveng te atan

I fixed this bug by checking the current value.
If it is only 8 or 9 (no other numbers or a dot) then nothing happens in oct mode from now.
But if you´re in Na'vi (oct) mode and type 68, all digits will be shown.

Arrgh... This way it´s impossible to type 80, 800, 85812... because the 1st digit (8) allways will be ignored.
I think it impossible to change that the right way, because the app doesn´t know if you want to type just an 8 or (for example) 8123...

Vawmataw

It doesn't really matter if 8 is the first or the last digit, it's forbidden to use it.

It could basically work this way:

15 + 13 = 28
Display 28 -> error
28 =  20 + 8 -> 20 + 10 -> 30

15 + 14 = 29
Display 29 -> error
29 = 20 + 9 -> 20 + 11 -> 31

But again, I can't write a single line of code.

Tìtstewan

That's a pretty cool app! :D

Quote from: ´eveng te atan on April 21, 2019, 05:35:24 PM
I think it impossible to change that the right way, because the app doesn´t know if you want to type just an 8 or (for example) 8123...
Not sure how much effort it will take, but why not just adding a switch function, decimal interface <-> octal interface?

I just downloaded and played a bit with it. It works on Android 9. :)

I see, some words are generated by a kind of word list. I'd like to mention to have a look at following comment by Pawl:
Source: http://naviteri.org/2014/03/value-and-worth/#comment-2669
---
100 (64) = zam
101 = zamaw (za.MAW)
102 = zamun (za.MUN)
103 = zapey (za.PEY)
104 = zasìng (za.SÌNG)
105 = zamrr (za.MRR)
106 = zafu (za.FU)
107 = zahin (za.HIN)
110 = zavol (ZA.vol)
111 = zavolaw (za.vo.LAW) . . .

And on one thing I am not really sure, but just check out the screenshot. Perhaps there is need a few work on the UI. :-\

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tirea Aean

What you could do is, when it is expecting octal input, it shows a different keypad, which does not have [8] and [9] buttons at all. But when it is expecting Decimal input, it shows a keypad which has [8] and [9]

For logic inspiration, you could have a look at how Fwew does octal/decimal input/output which is in a file called numbers.go here (numbers.go is inspired by source code of https://learnnavi.org/navi-numbers)

I do wonder as well if dict-na'vi recordings would be easier/better to use if possible.

Still a pretty awesome app :D :D