Community Projects > Mobile Apps

Project Updates

(1/2) > >>

Seze:
Project Update
Tirea Aean and I have been working on doing some updates to the mobile app.  We've managed to fix some UTF-8 encoding issues in both the Android version and in the SQLite database that both apps rely on to function.  IPA should be formatted properly now for the most part.  I saw a few instances where the IPA wasn't formatting properly in Android, but I'm not sure yet if its an App issue or an OS issue.  If you want to see what I'm talking about, take a look at the word "kxetse".  It's IPA has a curved bar that goes over the top of the ts, which renders fine in iOS but doesn't on Android.  These changes should already be in effect for everyone, just update the dictionary database by restarting the App. 

We've also fixed the issue with the section headers for Ä and Ì not rendering properly in the Android version.  This fix will be pushed out in the next version release for the Android version, which should be sometime soon.  Once we have that pushed out, if there aren't any other issues we'll push the app out to the Android Marketplace.

Personal Update
Oeru txoa livu for being inactive on this project for so long.  I'm currently in the middle of finding a new job, which will most likely be doing mobile app development, so I should be a bit more active on here in the future, working with both iOS and Android apps.

Tirea Aean:
I updated the dict on my iOS vrersion (current app store version) and there are no words at all anymore. A twitter follower of mine confirms this.

Seze:

--- Quote from: Tirea Aean on December 27, 2011, 09:12:50 am ---I updated the dict on my iOS vrersion (current app store version) and there are no words at all anymore. A twitter follower of mine confirms this.

--- End quote ---

Hmm... That is odd.  Its working fine for me.  Try uninstalling and then reinstalling.

Palulukan Maktoyu:
very odd but juxt had the same thing happen with my iOS version as well as the android version from the other thread.
3 different devices so far, seems almost as if it's a server issue.

Sìkat:
Confirmed, this is also happening on my local build.  (I've been attempting to adjust the app to work on the iPad)  Even though the popups all say the update was successful, the database appears to get nuked.

The debug logs show:

2012-04-11 06:20:04.352 LearnNaviiPhoneApp[15860:f803] Version 1.0.1 (178M-272-0)
2012-04-11 06:20:04.625 LearnNaviiPhoneApp[15860:12e03] Online Version: 396
2012-04-11 06:20:11.261 LearnNaviiPhoneApp[15860:f803] Yes
2012-04-11 06:20:13.740 LearnNaviiPhoneApp[15860:f803] Version 1.0.1 (178M-396-272)
2012-04-11 06:20:14.374 LearnNaviiPhoneApp[15860:1310b] Online Version: 396
2012-04-11 06:20:14.375 LearnNaviiPhoneApp[15860:1310b] Up to date
wait_fences: failed to receive reply: 10004003
2012-04-11 06:20:17.450 LearnNaviiPhoneApp[15860:f803] User canceled database update

The database is being downloaded correctly and is readable in RazorSQL, but the entries table is empty.  I don't know where the two highlighted errors are coming from...:/

After I get home from work today, I'd like to try adding some sanity checks to the database download & see if we can't prevent this from happening in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version