Learn Na'vi v0.6.1 (iOS)

Started by Seze, May 19, 2010, 11:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seze

Version 0.6.1 has been released

Release Notes for Version 0.6.1 (Build 103)
-Fixed searching with ' character

This App only works on authorized devices, download link below for those authorized to run the App.

Installation Instructions
Decompress the .zip and then drag the two files in the folder to iTunes to install, and then sync.  Let me know if you have any problems with the new packaging format.

Comments
This release contains some bug fixes.

Please post any bug reports here...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Eanikran

The app is looking really good ma seze.
I have a question though, after I installed 0.6.1 it ran fine but today it won't start up, it hang at the title screen for about 30 seconds then crashes. Is this just something I'm doing wrong with syncing?

Seze

Not sure, it could be because my server is offline.  A simple solution to the problem would be to put your device in Airplane mode or turn off the wireless antennas.  This should make the part of the code that checks online for updates timeout much quicker.  I had to yank my server for use on a business trip this weekend.  Its currently on, waiting for the DNS changes to propagate out though.  I'm hoping to have it running back in its normal location after the weekend.

Eanikran

That sounds about right, irayo for the explanation. It was working in a no Internet zone earlier at school then it stopped when I reconnected. It's working now though, the push update comes up a little slow though  which is probably what you're explaining  :D

irayo again  :)

judytuna

Searching with special characters (like ä and ì) doesn't work for me. If I missed something and you already know, apologies. Did you have a special trick in the works for allowing searching for strings that included a to hit ä too?

Tirea Aean

Seze, i click on the app, it loads for like 20 secs and then quits to home screen...I tried uninstalling it from my device, deleting from iTunes, and then getting the version you posted here in post 1, and resync, and the problem is still there...if i turn WiFi off, it works, but it crashes when WiFi is on...and when location services are disabled, i get a push that says Turn on location services to allow Learn Na'vi to determine your location...I did that, now i hit ok on the new prompt to allow it to use location, and it works...I turn on WiFi so that location can even work, and because I like to use WiFi on my iPod...I launch the app and it loads for 20 secs and quits...what is goin on? it hates my wifi antenna... Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks a Pandoran Ton.

Kewong Tsamsiyu

Does anyone know how much longer before this is available to the public???

judytuna

Heya Tirea Aean! See Seze's post here: http://forum.learnnavi.org/mobile-apps/version-0-6-1-iphone/msg232073/#msg232073
I think the app checks his server to see if there's a dictionary update available, and since his server is/was down, it's looking forever.

I believe the app is working on my ipod when my wifi is still working as of today (6/13) though, so maybe Seze's servers are back up. Anyway, Seze mentioned he was out of town, so we can't hope for a fix until he's back, but the directions he posted in http://forum.learnnavi.org/mobile-apps/version-0-6-1-iphone/msg232073/#msg232073 work just fine for me. Happy dictionarying =)
~judy

Quote from: Tirea Aean on June 12, 2010, 01:25:24 PM

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Tsu'tey on June 14, 2010, 12:28:18 AM
Does anyone know how much longer before this is available to the public???

It is currently available to the public that owns a Jailbroken device...Ill give it a month or something till it hits Apple App Store.

Judytuna: Thanks...:D  I am kicking myself for not looking a few posts above...I already knew that it works well without wifi..ill just switch off the wifi  before usin that app...no prob to me now that I have SB Settings so I can very quickly turn on and off wifi and other stuff.

Seze

My server is still offline.  I may be able to get it back online this week but that is still undecided. My business trip just got extended by another week, so it may be another 2 weeks before I can get back home to fix this properly. 

Another option would be for me to release a new version that has the check to my server disabled. 

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Seze on June 14, 2010, 01:14:14 PM
My server is still offline.  I may be able to get it back online this week but that is still undecided. My business trip just got extended by another week, so it may be another 2 weeks before I can get back home to fix this properly. 

Another option would be for me to release a new version that has the check to my server disabled.

Or if possible be able to toggle that feature on/off in iPhone Settings app. <feature name= auto check for update>
that would be very awesome. :D

omängum fra'uti

It seems to be back online as I just got version 25 downloaded.  (The Android app acts identical when its up or down unless theres an update, so thats the only indication I got.)

And speaking of which I noticed it still doesn't have IPA.  Are you having trouble generating the dictionaries Seze?  I can give you a current version with all the words and IPA included...
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Seze

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on June 25, 2010, 02:26:56 AM
It seems to be back online as I just got version 25 downloaded.  (The Android app acts identical when its up or down unless theres an update, so thats the only indication I got.)

And speaking of which I noticed it still doesn't have IPA.  Are you having trouble generating the dictionaries Seze?  I can give you a current version with all the words and IPA included...

I was able to boot my server up for the time being.  I'm still not home yet from my business trip.  Once I got the server online last night I ran the dictionary update script I wrote that uses the CSV files, not the new SQL file, which is why there is no IPA or other stuff in there yet.  I just haven't had any time to play with the new SQL file yet.  I've been away since the 7th of June for work and this is the first "free" time I've had in the past 3 weeks.  I really want to start playing with the new SQL file, but I don't think I will be able to get to it until next week sometime.  My business trip should be wrapping up this weekend (hopefully), but I most likely won't make it home until Monday or Tuesday. 

omängum fra'uti

FYI for those following along, there should be a more updated dictionary now, and fairly regular updates.  I setup a nightly script which looks for updated word lists and compiles them for the mobile app.

However, and the reason I'm posting here, the more recent dictionaries probably break the filter by parts of speech, as there are no longer just "verbs", most verbs are marked transitive, intransitive, or stative, rather than just straight verb, so I am guessing the filter will not see them as verbs.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Kyle Kepone

Oe lu 'eylan lì'fyayä leNa'vi

My Blog, including Na'vi lessons: http://dissentculture.wordpress.com