Main Menu

iOS - 1.0.0

Started by Seze, October 07, 2010, 03:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seze

Version 1.0.0 Gold Master has been released

Release Notes for Version 1.0.0 GM (Build 169)
-Made High Res graphics for iPhone 4
-Moved version string from Main Page to the About Page
-Submitted binary to the App Store for review

This App only works on authorized devices, download link below for those authorized to run the App.

Installation Instructions
Decompress the .zip and then drag the two files in the folder to iTunes to install, and then sync.  Let me know if you have any problems with the new packaging format.

Comments
I finished prepping the App for the App Store by adding some high res images and moving some stuff around, mainly the App version string.  This is the same build that I submitted to the App Store for review.  

Please post any bug reports here...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

omängum fra'uti

High res images?

Are they checked in so I can grab em for high res Android devices?
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Seze

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on October 07, 2010, 03:14:43 AM
High res images?

Are they checked in so I can grab em for high res Android devices?

The PNGs are.  You will have to pull them out of the iPhone OS trunk.  The High Res versions all end in "@2x.png".  I haven't uploaded the PSDs yet because the file sizes are rather large and it would take a very long time for me to upload on the internet connection I am on.

Seze

Some bugs I've found...

-only way to update the database is to terminate the App and then open it again
-changes to the part of speech sections also require a full restart of the app

omängum fra'uti

Something that stems from bad data...  Some verbs in the database have the wrong infix positions.  Notably newomum, mäkxu, and käteng.  I didn't see any others incorrect, but it's possible I missed one or two.  However that is likely to change as Taronyu gets the corrected infix positions from Frommer and starts putting them in.

(In the Android app I'm not trusting that data and generating them based on the IPA.)

Seze

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on October 18, 2010, 01:39:39 AM
Something that stems from bad data...  Some verbs in the database have the wrong infix positions.  Notably newomum, mäkxu, and käteng.  I didn't see any others incorrect, but it's possible I missed one or two.  However that is likely to change as Taronyu gets the corrected infix positions from Frommer and starts putting them in.

(In the Android app I'm not trusting that data and generating them based on the IPA.)

Can we just update the data in the database so that its correct, instead of fixing it in the App?  That would be really cool if we can fix it outside of the App, since I don't have to resubmit a new binary to Apple for approval.

omängum fra'uti

My understanding is the data there is auto-generated through a set of fixed rules, and last time I tried suggesting fixing it, I was met with resistance.  You're welcome to attempt it again.  It does seem to have improved significantly since then so perhaps chances might be better this time.

Seze

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on October 18, 2010, 02:16:01 AM
My understanding is the data there is auto-generated through a set of fixed rules, and last time I tried suggesting fixing it, I was met with resistance.  You're welcome to attempt it again.  It does seem to have improved significantly since then so perhaps chances might be better this time.

I guess I was referring to fixing it in our database.  If you are going through the trouble of fixing the infixes in the App, my thought was to take that code and apply it to the SQL data once its our database after the nightly update. 

omängum fra'uti

Oh, right, yeah that's certainly possible.  The algorithm is fairly simple...  It just looks at syllables in the IPA and word, as defined by the regex [aeiou\u00e6\u025b\u026a\u0323]" for the IPA and [aeiou\u00e4\u00ec]|ll|rr for the Na'vi word.  It then counts the syllables to the first occurrence of \u00b7 (the infix marker Taronyu uses) and the last occurrence of \u00b7 (Which may be the same character if there's only one infix syllable) and does the same count in the word.  It's a fairly straightforward algorithm, but I don't think it could be easily done inside SQL so it would require something to iterate over any changed entries.  (I'm sure it COULD be done, just not easily.)

Seze

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on October 18, 2010, 02:24:40 AM
Oh, right, yeah that's certainly possible.  The algorithm is fairly simple...  It just looks at syllables in the IPA and word, as defined by the regex [aeiou\u00e6\u025b\u026a\u0323]" for the IPA and [aeiou\u00e4\u00ec]|ll|rr for the Na'vi word.  It then counts the syllables to the first occurrence of \u00b7 (the infix marker Taronyu uses) and the last occurrence of \u00b7 (Which may be the same character if there's only one infix syllable) and does the same count in the word.  It's a fairly straightforward algorithm, but I don't think it could be easily done inside SQL so it would require something to iterate over any changed entries.  (I'm sure it COULD be done, just not easily.)

Well my database update scripts are setup using PHP.  It goes through each entry one by one already to generate all the extra fields I need in the App, all we would have to do is apply that algorithm to the $infixes variable in my PHP script and I think we would be good to go.  You have SSH access to the server all the data is hosted on, the script is database_update.php if you want to look at it.

Nawma_taronyu

I'd like to help develop it is it opensourced? Will you let me help and also will I need to use my Mac emulator to edit the files or can I just use my pc I know flab says it does iOS iPhone but I'm not exactly sure?
Eywa'eveng ngeyä mì sìrey livu frakrr.
May Pandora always be in your life.

Seze

Quote from: Nawma_taronyu on October 18, 2010, 04:18:41 PM
I'd like to help develop it is it opensourced? Will you let me help and also will I need to use my Mac emulator to edit the files or can I just use my pc I know flab says it does iOS iPhone but I'm not exactly sure?

Please see this thread for information on contributing.  Please note that developing for the iOS version will require you to have access to a Mac in order to run the iOS SDK. 

Nawma_taronyu

I guess I wont be able to help my emulator is not working right now, gonna have to find that damn iso file...
Eywa'eveng ngeyä mì sìrey livu frakrr.
May Pandora always be in your life.