Community Projects > Mobile Apps

Windows Phone 7 version?

(1/7) > >>

Sіr. Ηaxalot:
This project is dead until I'm out of App ideas or enough people request it

I would guess that there isn't any plans for it yet, but if you're interested, I would be able to help with the porting and marketplace distribution, since I'm planning on start developing apps for this platform, and will hopefully have a few out by launch.

I was first planning on writing something on my own, but I think that it would be better to have one official app on all platforms.

Problems with this platform would be that it's not released yet, and there is no official SQLite functionality. However, the Development kit is released (and free!), and I'm sure that I've read about an porting of SQLite to pure C# code, meant to be used with Silverlight (which is the main app platform on WP7).

Seze:
That seems really odd that it doesn't include support for SQLite, since it pretty much is THE standard for databases in mobile phones.  But this is Microsoft we are talking about here, so nothing surprises me anymore.  If you need the data in different database format just let me know and I can try to output the data into a different format.  Currently my master database is MySQL, then I do a CSV dump of the tables and then import that data into SQLite.  

I will need to restructure the repository to handle all the different ports.  I would like to keep all code for the App in the same place.

Muzer:
I must say, Windows Phone 7 looks awful. All the bad points of iPhone OS (no multitasking, locked-down) combined with all the bad points of Windows Mobile (the closed nature of it, Windows Bloat, IE, a few other things I've thankfully forgotten since last time I used a WinMo phone).

Seze:

--- Quote from: Muzer on May 22, 2010, 10:52:09 am ---I must say, Windows Phone 7 looks awful. All the bad points of iPhone OS (no multitasking, locked-down) combined with all the bad points of Windows Mobile (the closed nature of it, Windows Bloat, IE, a few other things I've thankfully forgotten since last time I used a WinMo phone).

--- End quote ---

Yeah, never used Windows Phone 7 myself.  Not sure if I ever want to either.  The iPhone is getting multitasking this summer though.

Seze:

--- Quote from: Seze on May 22, 2010, 09:30:38 am ---I will need to restructure the repository to handle all the different ports.  I would like to keep all code for the App in the same place.

--- End quote ---

I've gotten all the repository stuff straightened out now.  See this post for more details...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version