Antihero (first movie featuring Na'vi, other than Avatar of course)

Started by Zhowìntll, July 30, 2011, 03:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhowìntll

Kaltxi,

I'm a super-low-budget filmmaker, and I LOVE "Avatar"! In my first feature film, there is a scene with a conversation in Na'vi. I only know a few words and phrases, myself, so I got the English-Na'vi translation from a member of this forum. He now has an IMDB listing (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4310656/), and this very website is listed in the "Special Thanks" portion of the movie's credits.

Disclaimer: I don't want anyone to be offended, so I feel like I should be open and let you know, should you ever see the movie, that in the scene, the two people who speak Na'vi are being poked fun of, by their friends. But I want to make it clear that I'm laughing WITH, not AT anybody. I mean, I'm sure everybody on this forum knows that our friends think we're all MAJOR nerds, right? I'm cool with that; I wear that badge, proudly. :)

Anyway, our first public screening takes place on August 11th, 9PM, at the Columbia Gorge International Film Festival, in Vancouver, WA. If you're in the area, I'd love to see you there. I'll be in attendance, and if you come see me after the movie, I'll do my best to speak proper Na'vi!

If you're not in that particular area, I hope I might interest you in seeing this film at some point in the future, either through another festival, or on DVD. I'll be sure to keep this website abridged of any developments.

See the trailer, and learn more about the movie here -- www.antihero-movie.com

Yayo

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95