Avatar > Clash of the Titans Trailer

Started by Ftiafpi, January 13, 2010, 04:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftiafpi

Not sure how many people this applies to but when I saw Avatar the Clash of the Titan's trailer played (among others) as well as Alice in Wonderland.

Both of the movies look awesome, good trailers (I love the music on the Clash of the Titans trailer), yadda, yadda, yadda but I've found myself watching the trailers multiple times and wondering why (since I don't care too much for these movies any more than others). But then, I just realized, one reason I love watching these trailers is it reminds me of the first time I saw Avatar.

Kind of weird and fanatic I know but I'm wondering if anyone else gets this feeling from watching trailers they saw while watching Avatar? What about other movies that you've really been into? I know I can't hear Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture without thinking of V for Vendetta now.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I sort of get that feeling but not totally because they didn't seem like the type of movies I want to watch after seeing avatar. If I go to a theater the only movie I'm gonna watch is Avatar.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Txur’Itan

Giving some background helps to explain what I observe about myself and trailers...

When I saw the trailer for other films I found that they had done things to make the film more interesting than it may actually have been when you go to see it.

Daybrakers for instance, the advert was more entertaining than the actual film.

Avatar advert initially was disappointing, but I can't stop wanting to watch the movie in theaters over and over again.

Alice in wonderland + clash of the titans.  I already have seen prior variations on both of these films.  I will see them at least once. 

I am more intrigued by Alice than Titans because clash of the titans is still fresh in my head from seeing the previous version in theaters, and playing God of War II (same actor as Perseus with gear and everything).

Now on to the topic at hand...

Anyhow, I found that when I am already interested in a film, I will watch the trailer for that film over and over again as a crutch between viewings, or as relief from intense anticipation.  Like When AVATAR 2 teaser starts hitting the web, I will be playing it once a day until I see it in full in theaters.
私は太った男だ。

Reronsem Si

Quote from: Txur'Itan on January 13, 2010, 08:36:45 PM
Anyhow, I found that when I am already interested in a film, I will watch the trailer for that film over and over again as a crutch between viewings, or as relief from intense anticipation.  Like When AVATAR 2 teaser starts hitting the web, I will be playing it once a day until I see it in full in theaters.

I am the same with trailers as well. Couple trailers I can't stop looking at are Iron Man 2 and Tron Legacy. I used to watch the Comic Con YouTube clips of trailers before they hit the public all the time. One particular trailer I drooled for 3 years was Final Fantasy: Advent Children. Had to wait so damn long for that movie not only to be done, but to also be translated.

Clash of the Titans looks like a good non thinker action flick. The type like 300, you go in, eat popcorn like a vacuum, come out thinking your big and bad. Seriously, who didn't want to be a Spartan after 300?? Same thing with Clash of the Titans probably. You either want to be Perseus or the gods. I mean who doesn't want to be Liam Neeson as Gandalf the White... I mean Armored Santa Clause... I mean Zeus.

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Reronsem Si on January 13, 2010, 09:31:31 PM
I mean who doesn't want to be Liam Neeson as Gandalf the White... I mean Armored Santa Clause... I mean Zeus.

ROFL! Excellent joke, I love it.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Ftiafpi on January 13, 2010, 09:36:33 PM
Quote from: Reronsem Si on January 13, 2010, 09:31:31 PM
I mean who doesn't want to be Liam Neeson as Gandalf the White... I mean Armored Santa Clause... I mean Zeus.

ROFL! Excellent joke, I love it.

LOL!
私は太った男だ。

Night Raider

I don't know I seen quite a few other movies since watching Avatar the first time, but I still keep watching Avatar after each time I see some other movie.. Just because it's so amzing, and definitely better than everything out there right now.

Avatar has taken a place in my heart so deep, that I think only movie that can try replacing it ever is Avatar 2.
Is this right? I just write whatever in the signature box?

Mako

Plus 1 to that, ma tsmukan. Did anyone else notice that Sam Worthington is in Clash of the Titans too?

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Sänumeyu on January 14, 2010, 09:03:40 AM
Plus 1 to that, ma tsmukan. Did anyone else notice that Sam Worthington is in Clash of the Titans too?

Yep, after seeing him in Avatar it makes me want to see that movie.

Satthar

The moment I saw that trailer (my first Avatar viewing as well, along with Alice and How to Tame a Dragon - I soo want that too =p) I thought "Sh*t... Him again? Really?". Starts to feel like a deja'vu, really.

And yes, the Alice and Holmes trailers will probably be bound forever with Avatar for me - the former because of the cat... the latter because it's just awesome, the final pillow scene in particular =p

Also, really, when I got out of the cinema after that first viewing I thought "Damn, there really won't be a point in watching anything other than Avatar on the big screen now." I'm veeery slowly getting over it... Still haven't watched anything else of the more or less great titles coming out nowadays, instead going on just another Avatar playing tho.

Étienne

I loved the original clash and this one looks just as cool.

Txon Tsyal

Quote from: Night Raider on January 14, 2010, 07:40:42 AM
I don't know I seen quite a few other movies since watching Avatar the first time, but I still keep watching Avatar after each time I see some other movie.. Just because it's so amzing, and definitely better than everything out there right now.

Avatar has taken a place in my heart so deep, that I think only movie that can try replacing it ever is Avatar 2.

You said it well, totally same thing for me, best movie i've ever seen...
Personally i don`t take the Na`vi as alien because i think i understand them.

When I look on the news and see what horrible things are happening around the world I can`t help but wonder what is the source of them and therefore my own race is becoming more and more alien to me as time passes by.

Does that make any sense?

Suteyä Hawnuyu

The original Clash of the Titans was so bad, I really could not take the trailer seriously. Hopefully, this one will be better than the last. :P
Suteyä Hawnuyu te Gay'tä Muiä-Eyaye'ite

D. Sky

QuoteThe original Clash of the Titans was so bad, I really could not take the trailer seriously. Hopefully, this one will be better than the last. 

Your signature asks for people to tell you when you are speaking nonsense
You are speaking nonsense

Suteyä Hawnuyu

Quote from: D. Sky on January 25, 2010, 03:32:17 PM
QuoteThe original Clash of the Titans was so bad, I really could not take the trailer seriously. Hopefully, this one will be better than the last. 

Wow, you thought the original Clash of the Titans was good?
-initiating facepalm sequence-
Suteyä Hawnuyu te Gay'tä Muiä-Eyaye'ite

Étienne

Quote from: Suteyä Hawnuyu on January 30, 2010, 04:15:21 PM

Sänra

Hey, I'm all for the original COTT too. I saw that when I was a wee girl and thought the monsters were very funny back then, they now seem so cheesy it just has to make the original a classic. I saw the trailer for the newer version and honestly, I laughed my head off. Full kudos to Sam for getting the lead role as Perseus, but I think that if the movie takes itself too seriously (and those watching it take it too seriously) then it won't be as enjoyable as otherwise.

When it comes to the new Alice in Wonderland...I'm uncertain. I almost always love Tim Burton's films, but there is a part of me that thinks that the storyline of Alice is somewhat akin to an acid-laced fever dream to begin with...marry that with Tim's notoriously warped interpretations and well, I think I'll wait for DVD, actually. It might be a bit overwhelming on the big screen.

Night Raider

Quote from: Étienne on February 01, 2010, 07:20:54 AM
Quote from: Suteyä Hawnuyu on January 30, 2010, 04:15:21 PM

You have the most awesome replies on the whole forum.
Is this right? I just write whatever in the signature box?

TorukMakto!

I saw the Clash of the Titans trailer a few days ago when I went to a comedy show, I just though to myself it looks great and I got to go to see it in IMAX.

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Quote from: Ftiafpi on January 14, 2010, 09:28:26 AM
Quote from: Sänumeyu on January 14, 2010, 09:03:40 AM

Yep, after seeing him in Avatar it makes me want to see that movie.

He was also in Terminator Salvation.

Yeah, the CotT trailer looks pretty cool  ;D  Especially the Kraken and Scorpion