Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Aang

Started by ShadowMainZERO, April 13, 2010, 01:03:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawnuyu atxen

Quote from: Txur'Itan on April 28, 2010, 02:14:39 PM
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1848051481/

As i see, Zelenal's and my hopes are gone... at least i think...
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Looks really good visually and from what I can tell, most of it true to the show.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Hawnuyu atxen on April 28, 2010, 03:36:57 PM
Quote from: Txur'Itan on April 28, 2010, 02:14:39 PM
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1848051481/

As i see, Zelenal's and my hopes are gone... at least i think...

The bridge near the end of the clip was the scene where Zhao was taken by the water monster.

And Aang was meeting with Master Roku's dragon in the spirit realm.

I am curious how exactly they are handling this segment, but I am holding judgement for now, that scene with Appa was shown in many previews with Appa excluded, so I am thinking some of the CGI post production is still being added.
私は太った男だ。

Hawnuyu atxen

QuoteThe bridge near the end of the clip was the scene where Zhao was taken by the water monster.

But the problem is that there were no water monster... as i said, there were 4 water-beams... it should have been the monster, but they came from the water under the bridge.
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

ShadowMainZERO

All of the Fire Nation ships are also taken out by a tidal wave and not some uber monster either.

Come join the adventure in Strange Lands: A Pandoran RP!

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Hawnuyu atxen on April 29, 2010, 09:42:54 AM
QuoteThe bridge near the end of the clip was the scene where Zhao was taken by the water monster.

But the problem is that there were no water monster... as i said, there were 4 water-beams... it should have been the monster, but they came from the water under the bridge.

Quote from: Zelenal on April 29, 2010, 01:14:47 PM
All of the Fire Nation ships are also taken out by a tidal wave and not some uber monster either.

In the animated TV show, the Hand for the water monster came from the water under the bridge.  It is animated differently for the live action, but that may be done for visual effect.  There is no way to be sure there is or there isn't a representation of Tui and La, they are integral to the climax of the end of the first season/book/movie.  They are likely to get a very different visual treatment for the spectacle of the movie theater.

I am getting the impression you wanted all 30 hours of the first season done frame for frame...  Which I have empathies with...  However, budgetary limits will prevent that for many a live action feature.  They may very well have decided to not have the water monster, but, is that really going to detract from the story or spectacle of the movie?  I think it probably won't...

The lack of the water spirit, changes the interactions of Aang with Roku drastically near the end of the first season.  After all, his entire transition to accepting his role as Avatar is guided so heavily by those spirits, that it would be sorely missed if not handled exceptionally well.

The spirit I would miss if they did not have it, would be Koh the Face Stealer.  Without that character, they are skipping significant character development for Aang.
私は太った男だ。

ShadowMainZERO

I don't expect them to do so.

Not only would we lose character development but also a huge chance for nightmare fuel. Imagine that thing popping out at you in 3D. *shudders*

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.

Hawnuyu atxen

I neither expect them to do everything, but the see monster at the end...
I think the last two episodes of the First Book of the cartoon are way too important... like the 3rd one (imagine that Aang don't get to know about the fate of the Air Nomads...)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Hawnuyu atxen on April 29, 2010, 01:58:26 PM
(imagine that Aang don't get to know about the fate of the Air Nomads...)

Judging just based on the previews is nearly impossible, as they can be out of context, out of order, or dropped in the release, but I saw some sequences that were pretty certainly straight out of Aang's and Katara's experience of those events from the show nearly precisely duplicated.
私は太った男だ。

Ftiafpi

Well, from having watched interviews with the director, M. Night (who I don't think is a very good director at all), it seems like he really wants to do this one right and from what I can tell he is. I think that we'll have a true to the cartoon film in as many ways as possible. Besides, if you really want to see X then just watch the cartoon again :P

ShadowMainZERO

But seeing X in a cartoon and seeing X in CGI are two totally different things.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Zelenal on April 29, 2010, 10:52:09 PM
But seeing X in a cartoon and seeing X in CGI are two totally different things.

So you are pretty much stuck unless you gamble that it might actually be good and go see it.

I am going to take the gamble, because I liked many of M. Knights works, not all of them, but many...
私は太った男だ。

ShadowMainZERO

I am going to see it. I liked Signs and The Village but...

Txantslusam Skxawng

WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on May 04, 2010, 04:55:25 PM
Quote from: Zelenal on April 30, 2010, 12:49:52 AM
but what?

The Happening...  Didn't happen?

I did not get the usual griping feeling that I get from M. Knights other works.  I don't think he cared as much about that movie as his previous films.
私は太った男だ。

ShadowMainZERO

but what?

But his more recent movies have been a little lack luster.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Zelenal on May 04, 2010, 08:33:48 PM
but what?

But his more recent movies have been a little lack luster.

Well that isn't M. Knight's Doing, he did not write or direct that.
私は太った男だ。

ShadowMainZERO

Strange. When the movie was under development it said that he did... Well that gives me a bit more hope.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Zelenal on May 07, 2010, 01:38:33 PM
Strange. When the movie was under development it said that he did... Well that gives me a bit more hope.

If he had, he had his name stricken from the credits.  So maybe you spotted an under the rug sweep of evidence...
私は太った男だ。

ShadowMainZERO