Main Menu

Cloud Atlas

Started by Pxia Säsngap, November 29, 2012, 02:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pxia Säsngap

Kaltxì ma 'eylan

Have you already seen Cloud Atlas? Or do you want to watch it soon?

I watched it last weekend and since Avatar no film did bewitch me like that! :P It is so great and I love the Editor's work. The concept is wonderful as well!

What did you like best about the film?

Did anyone read the book Cloud Atlas? Would you recommend it?

--> This thread is for general discussion about Cloud Atlas. :)
Eywa ayngahu
Ma oeyä eylan aynga oeru yawne lu <3 ;D :D ;D

Nyx

Quote from: Pxia Säsngap on November 29, 2012, 02:30:24 AM
--> This thread is for general discussion about Cloud Atlas. :)
What? But I have a question about Men in Black...

No seriously, I hadn't heard of it until just now, looked it up on imdb, and I have to say it seems very interesting. I'm a little worried about the cast list but maybe it's not as bad as I fear. I'll definitely have to check it out :)

Pxia Säsngap

I like Tom Hanks, but to be honest I didn't choose to watch it because of the cast. I only heard great things about the film and I really loved it. It is a German production, do they show it in cinemas in your country? I really hope so because it is one of the reasons for the cast. In Germany we usually produce film in German with German actors, but that they chose these actors shows that they wanted to show this film in other countries as well. :)

I didn't know anything about the story before sitting in the cinema, but I really don't regret it :)

Will you tell me whether you liked it or not? :)

I find most interesting that every actor had to play at least two or three parts. :) And in the end titles they show which part was played by whom and I was just so surprised. The body make-up artists did a great job :P

Eywa ayngahu

Nyx

Haha, you can tell by just looking at them who's good and who's evil!

It won't be in cinemas here until March. Maybe I manage to get a DVD of it before then :P but yeah, I'll definitely get back to you. It sounds like a really good concept.

Tìtstewan

Sounds like a very interesting movie.
May I buy the blu-ray of them.
:)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Yaknun

The studios in Babelsberg, the best in the world - and I think the film is very good.
When I saw him, I'm going to write my opinion  :D
Neytiri:
"Sie leben, Jake, in Eywa"

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Yaknun

Quote from: Tìtstewan on November 30, 2012, 03:21:10 PM

I think it's a long way to BR  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Neytiri:
"Sie leben, Jake, in Eywa"

alt, aber
vernarrt in AVATAR

Tìtstewan

Quote from: Yaknun on November 30, 2012, 03:22:58 PM
Quote from: Tìtstewan on November 30, 2012, 03:21:10 PM

I think it's a long way to BR  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I think, the BD are in a few months avaliable. :)

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Pxia Säsngap

I will totally buy it on BD. I can't wait to watch it once more. :) I hope they publish it for Easter. They usually publish it just before Easter or Christmas, but I'm sooooo hoping that we don't have t wait for it until next year's Christmas... :)

Ma Nyx, yes you can see it but I don't think that is bad. For some characters it's actually obvious in the film. :)

But look at Halle Berry in 2144 :D I couldn't recognize her :P
Eywa ayngahu

Nyx

Quote from: Pxia Säsngap on December 01, 2012, 07:13:30 AM
Ma Nyx, yes you can see it but I don't think that is bad. For some characters it's actually obvious in the film. :)

But look at Halle Berry in 2144 :D I couldn't recognize her :P
I didn't mean that as a bad thing :)

Txur’Itan

I saw this in the theater, and it was quite the spectacle, adventurous, and compelling. This film was very ambitious. There was a bit of off-ness for the people wearing quite a lot of makeup to seem like another ethnicity, but after getting over that, it was very well acted and portrayed.
私は太った男だ。

Tsufätu Ayioangä

I didn't know about it while it was in theatres but it has a few people I absolutely LOVE.  I am biting my nails until it comes out on DVD

Plumps

Sorry, I'm only getting to it now...

Quote from: Pxia Säsngap on November 29, 2012, 02:30:24 AM
What did you like best about the film?

Did anyone read the book Cloud Atlas? Would you recommend it?

Saw it in one of the last showings of the cinema here and was really touched by it. It needed some getting used to, especially with the future line opening the movie where the language is all different but with every cut into a new time line you get sucked into the story of each character right away.
I liked that you could not really pin-point the genre. Comedy, drama, sci-fi, mystery... A friend of mine thought it would somehow come together at the end but it's more about ideas and philosophical thoughts than the actual story lines.

I read the book afterwards and again, a totally different experience. Of course, they changed quite a bit, especially in the Sonmi story line and the one that takes place 'After the Fall'.

I have to admit though that I am completely blown by the concept that they took. The book deals with reincarnation, the idea that the character of one story line is the reincarnation of the previous one (while at the same time calling the trustworthiness of each story line into question :P it's quite genius :D ) but to take this and use the same actors ... just wonderful!
I definitely recommend the book ;)