Cowboys & Aliens

Started by Txur’Itan, August 01, 2011, 08:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txur’Itan

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409847/

I liked it.

The Cowboys are played straight, staying true to genre, and the aliens are monstrous invaders.

The characters are interesting, even if the premise is ridiculous, they execute it well. 

If you haven't seen it, and you like alien invasion stories and cowboy stories, this is a very unique blend of bitter coffee poured through a dirty sock, just the way they should make any cowboy flick.
私は太った男だ。

Tsa'räni

I'm planning on seeing this in the theaters at some point.  I'm not expecting much beyond a fun, mindless action flick with cowboys, aliens, and stuff blowing up.  But sometimes that's a good thing!

Payoang

Saw it last weekend - it was definitely a decent film, but more on the entertaining-summer-action-thriller than Oscar material. Very fun though.

The best part, as expected, was the soundtrack. Harry Gregson-Williams is my hero.

Txantslusam Skxawng

I'm going to see this movie too! When I get back home. Whenever I first saw the trailer in the cinema, I just had this feeling I had to see it!

And I just had to upload this here

Cowboys & FreddieW (ft. Jon Favreau)
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Txantslusam Skxawng on August 02, 2011, 05:17:28 AM
I'm going to see this movie too! When I get back home. Whenever I first saw the trailer in the cinema, I just had this feeling I had to see it!

And I just had to upload this here

Cowboys & FreddieW (ft. Jon Favreau)

LOL
私は太った男だ。

Txura Rolyu

Really would like to see it. Might go with my friend once I start college in about two weeks.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Syaron

Saw it last weekend and it was freakin' awesome! The cowboys are gritty and hard. The townspeople suitably townish and oh my the ALIENS!! You have to see this one just for the fun of it!!

Syaron
Shara