Dr. Who fan club!

Started by owen_thornton, January 10, 2011, 05:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ku'rända

Is it just me or in Colin Baker's intro, do you see Willy Wonka? >D

Give us a chance, MORON!

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Kì'eyawn

Sorry i'm late to the party, all.  I'm a recent Whovian—my flatmate got me into the show.  I had sort of a weird introduction:  I was plugging away at my thesis one night, and my roomie was watching some *weird* show.  Desperately wanting any excuse not to look at my thesis anymore, i sat on the couch and watched the show with her.

Said show turned out to be Doctor Who.  Specifically, Tennant's last episode as the Doctor.  I bawled.  And then i asked her what the h*** i'd just watched.  So she educated me  ;)

I've only seen from Eccleston onward, so i've yet to see the original episodes.

I don't know which Doctor is my favorite.  My flatmate loves Eccleston, my bf loves Tennant... 

But at least we know which Doctor is Ten's favorite...
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Fra'uri tìyawnur oe täpivìng nìwotx...

owen_thornton

i must say i prefer the 1985 opening to the newer ones, but its still quintessential Doctor Who XD

"and so it ended, not with a bang or a whimper, but with nightmarish howls of glee" grubbs grady
"male tomboy, running, jumping, climbing trees and putting makeup on while ur upthere" points if u know this comedian
"you can never step in the same river twice" cannae remember XD but i likes it
"yesterday is history, tomorow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why it is called the present" master oogway

oeyä tireaioang syaw fko Aruthey.

Ku'rända

Give us a chance, MORON!

archaic

Gene  Wilder           or           Johnny  Depp ?

Txur’Itan

If you were to do a Dr Who feature film;

1. would you have it be in Canon, or stand alone?
2. would it be a trilogy arc or a one-off arc?
3. who would you have direct it?
4. who would you have write the script?
5. who would you have play the Doctor (actor)?
6. who would you have be the villain(s) (actor and character)?
7. who would you have be the companion(s)?
8. what company would you like to see do the FX?
9. what budget do you think would be necessary to achieve full epic-ness (there are limits profit versus cost)?

私は太った男だ。

Seze

Quote from: Kekerusey on January 16, 2011, 06:12:58 AM
Quote from: Seze on January 15, 2011, 11:22:19 PM<insert spit-take here>

That mean you do or don't like them? I mean I have no real objection to the colours (though one might have thought such advanced cyborgs might have had more sophisticated ways of telling each other apart), I just hated that goddamn hump on the back!

Keke

The new daleks didn't bother me, what prompted the spit take was reference to the Power Rangers...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Kì'eyawn

Quote from: Seze on January 18, 2011, 11:17:37 PM

That mean you do or don't like them? I mean I have no real objection to the colours (though one might have thought such advanced cyborgs might have had more sophisticated ways of telling each other apart), I just hated that goddamn hump on the back!

Keke

The new daleks didn't bother me, what prompted the spit take was reference to the Power Rangers...

My roommate calls them iDaleks.

I wouldn't be surprised if Steve Jobs had an army of Daleks.

*gasp* Or maybe he's actually an android created by the Daleks!  :o
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Ku'rända

Quote from: archaic on January 18, 2011, 04:01:28 PM

The original! >_>

Hmm..  Dalek Rangers.. It's the Village Daleks!  (or, since they run on a binary respiratory/circulation system..  The small town Binomes! :D)

Give us a chance, MORON!

Kekerusey

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 19, 2011, 01:50:53 PMHmm..  Dalek Rangers.. It's the Village Daleks!  (or, since they run on a binary respiratory/circulation system..  The small town Binomes! :D)

The Village Daleks ... ROFLMAO ;D

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Nyx

Quote from: Kì'eyawn on January 19, 2011, 11:17:06 AM
Quote from: Seze on January 18, 2011, 11:17:37 PM

Keke

My roommate calls them iDaleks.

I wouldn't be surprised if Steve Jobs had an army of Daleks.

*gasp* Or maybe he's actually an android created by the Daleks!  :o
:o so that's where iPods come from!

archaic

And .....
Quote from: Txur'Itan on January 18, 2011, 04:35:48 PM
If you were to do a Dr Who feature film;

1. would you have it be in Canon, or stand alone?
2. would it be a trilogy arc or a one-off arc?
3. who would you have direct it?
4. who would you have write the script?
5. who would you have play the Doctor (actor)?
6. who would you have be the villain(s) (actor and character)?
7. who would you have be the companion(s)?
8. what company would you like to see do the FX?
9. what budget do you think would be necessary to achieve full epic-ness (there are limits profit versus cost)?

1. As much as possible in Canon.
2. One-off arc.
3. As Stanley Kubrick is no longer available its between James Cameron, Peter Jackson and Ridley Scott.
4. Archaic, James Cameron and Russell T. Davies.
5. Bill Bailey.
6. Humans & Daleks. (Daleks voiced by Nicholas Briggs)
7. A non-human creature who works as a Dalek slayer.
8. The Mill and/or Wetafx.
9. Between $100 and $120.

EDIT: I shouldn't involve Cameron, he'll be busy with Avatar 2

DJ Makto

1. Cannon
2. One off-arc
3. Ronald D. Moore (Battlestar Galactica writer)
4. Tim Burton (I concur with leaving James Cameron alone to do focus on Avatar 2-3 :D)
5. Simon Pegg
6. Mark Sheppard (A new villain as I am continually surprised at how many ways they find resurrect "dead villains" only to kill them off again)
7. Chris Moyles and Helena Bonham Carter
8. Weta or ILM
9. 150 - 200 million dollars

Kekerusey

Quote from: Nyx on January 19, 2011, 02:45:55 PM:o so that's where iPods come from!

Don't be daft ... Daleks are technically advanced, they wouldn't have stooped that low!

Keke

Kì'eyawn

Quote from: Kekerusey on January 23, 2011, 11:49:53 AM
Quote from: Nyx on January 19, 2011, 02:45:55 PM:o so that's where iPods come from!

Don't be daft ... Daleks are technically advanced, they wouldn't have stooped that low!

Maybe it's all part of their clever plan, using brand loyalty to enslave the human race into the Cult of Mac.

<—is totally a Mac owner
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Key'ìl Nekxetse

I quite like the new Daleks, they've got scary eyes...
Key'ìl Nekxetse on "The Revolutionists"
~$ life --help
The program life received signal SIGSEV. Core dumped.

Kekerusey

Quote from: Kunsìp Makto on January 22, 2011, 07:05:35 PM3. Ronald D. Moore (Battlestar Galactica writer)

No way! It was, I believe, Moore who utterly trashed the ending of BSG ... the worst ending to a series in as far as I can remember, so bad that I subsequently sold 3 series and the pilot on eBay in absolute disgust.

Quote from: Key'ìl Nekxetse on January 23, 2011, 03:23:28 PMI quite like the new Daleks, they've got scary eyes...

I'm sorry? They have "eyes"???

Quote from: Kì'eyawn on January 23, 2011, 11:52:48 AMMaybe it's all part of their clever plan, using brand loyalty to enslave the human race into the Cult of Mac.

You mean like, "We're pretty but technically inferior to just about anything else decent around" ... that kind of clever?

Quote from: Kì'eyawn on January 23, 2011, 11:52:48 AM<—is totally a Mac owner

<-- Is totally anti Mac (along with Acer and AMD CPU's)  :P

Keke

DJ Makto

Quote from: Kekerusey on January 24, 2011, 02:12:32 PM

No way! It was, I believe, Moore who utterly trashed the ending of BSG ... the worst ending to a series in as far as I can remember, so bad that I subsequently sold 3 series and the pilot on eBay in absolute disgust.

Yeah, but the screenplay for the pilot and seasons 1-4 read like poetry. Series 4.5 felt like it was written in 48 hours by a group of writers who drank too many redbulls. So I am releluctant to write him off too soon. Joss Whedon is my second choice for writing the "dream Doctor Who season"

Kì'eyawn

So, kind of off topic, but is anybody else excited that Neil Gaiman wrote an episode for the upcoming season?  I'm anxious to see what he came up with.  There was a short scene that got cut during the writing process that he posted on his blog a while back, and i thought that was "very Doctor," and i like Gaiman in general, so i'm hopeful.

I think he also wrote an ep for BSG at some point.  Or maybe it was Babylon 5?  I confess, i never watched either.
eo Eywa oe 'ia