Dr. Who fan club!

Started by owen_thornton, January 10, 2011, 05:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owen_thornton

i can't see one anywhere, and every good forum needs there own Whovian thread, just for general, and indepth, discussion XD (obviously) irayo in advance for the love this thread shall receive
"and so it ended, not with a bang or a whimper, but with nightmarish howls of glee" grubbs grady
"male tomboy, running, jumping, climbing trees and putting makeup on while ur upthere" points if u know this comedian
"you can never step in the same river twice" cannae remember XD but i likes it
"yesterday is history, tomorow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why it is called the present" master oogway

oeyä tireaioang syaw fko Aruthey.

Ku'rända

Give us a chance, MORON!

Txur’Itan

Been a fan most of my life.  Mostly because of my personal obligations, I haven't been watching since closing in on the time David Tennant left on the new shows.
私は太った男だ。

owen_thornton

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 11, 2011, 04:58:02 PM
David > Matt
im not quite sure, Matt is doing a prettygood job XD, i mean comeon, how many people would have ever thought a fez could be so cool?

Quote from: Txur'Itan on January 11, 2011, 05:06:25 PM
Been a fan most of my life.  Mostly because of my personal obligations, I haven't been watching since closing in on the time David Tennant left on the new shows.

you'll have to catch up lol, youve missed a whole series XD
"and so it ended, not with a bang or a whimper, but with nightmarish howls of glee" grubbs grady
"male tomboy, running, jumping, climbing trees and putting makeup on while ur upthere" points if u know this comedian
"yesterday is history, tomorow is a mystery, but today is a gift, thats why it is called the present" master oogway

Kekerusey

Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I've been a fan since I first started watching the episodes with Chris, I've even taken to watching some of the older ones as well. I wasn't a huge fan of Chris but David and Matt I liked more, Matt being my favorite doctor. Though when he first appeared I was like "Man, this guy seems lame" which I quickly got over.

Out of all the "sidekicks" I preferred Freema the most.

I'm also probably one of the few people who believe that David Morrisey would have made a decent actual Doctor rather than just a false one.

and bowties are cool.

On a related note, I think the recent Christmas Carol adaptation was really good.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

owen_thornton

Quote from: Kekerusey
Quote from: Ku'rändaDavid > Matt

Christopher > David :)
Keke

David > Matt > Christopher imo XD
Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn
On a related note, I think the recent Christmas Carol adaptation was really good.

also on a related note

Niwantaw

BILL BAILEY FOR DOCTOR WHO!
Only mostly AWOL.

archaic

Quote from: Tawtewng on January 13, 2011, 08:52:19 AM
BILL BAILEY FOR DOCTOR WHO!
Hell Yeah!

Tom Baker>David Tennant>Paul McGann>Christopher Eccleston>the rest.

Russell T Davies>Steven Moffat.

Imho.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

DJ Makto

I honestly think that Simon Pegg would make a brilliant doctor.

That being said Matt Smith was pretty good, though it was sad to see David Tenant go.

Kekerusey

Quote from: owen_thornton on January 13, 2011, 08:50:54 AMDavid > Matt > Christopher imo

And you're entitled to think so, even if you are wrong ;)

Bear in mind however that there hasn't been a Dalek episode as good as that first one (let's be honest, no one sane liked those Dalek episodes written by Helen "<expletive deleted>" Raynor) and none of the other Doctors have had the Daleks pay them a complement or threatened them so magnificently:

Just plain awesome ... eat that DT (and I honestly DID like Tennant ... Eccleston was just better, the first Who to potentially rival Tom Baker)!!!

Keke

Seze

I haven't seen any of the old Doctor Who episodes, only the newer ones.  The new series is by far my favorite TV show series.  I also liked all 3 of the new doctors...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Kekerusey

Quote from: Seze on January 13, 2011, 09:08:21 PMI haven't seen any of the old Doctor Who episodes, only the newer ones.  The new series is by far my favorite TV show series.  I also liked all 3 of the new doctors...

I have to say I'm not overkeen on the new one, or indeed the new series ... people rave about Moffat and, although I can see his writing is good, I don't really get it. I hated (still do) the new "hunchback" shape Daleks (compared with the S1 Dalek which was quite awesome IMO) and when I saw the new Silurians (I think that's what they were, anyway it was "Poisoned Earth" or some such) I hated them so much that I stopped watching and haven't seen one since.

Back to US SciFi I guess :)

Keke

archaic

No, I'm not a fan of the hunchbacks either .....

Davros didn't waste space in his machines, if they've become bigger, then there must be a reason. Something new is inside, but what? With Daleks it's a good bet it's some kind of weapon. Potentially that could make for a good story, but when the Doctor has found a way to overcome it, it becomes dead weight. Time for Mk3 Daleks, much like the originals, without excess baggage.

EDIT:- Just noticed that this is my eight hundredth (non spam) post!
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Nyx

I just have to join in and say that I love this show. Even when they sometimes make decisions I don't like, they somehow grow on me and I start liking them anyway :)

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

These were exactly my thoughts on the newer daleks.  :D
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Kekerusey

Quote from: archaic on January 14, 2011, 04:43:59 AMDavros didn't waste space in his machines, if they've become bigger, then there must be a reason. Something new is inside, but what? With Daleks it's a good bet it's some kind of weapon. Potentially that could make for a good story, but when the Doctor has found a way to overcome it, it becomes dead weight. Time for Mk3 Daleks, much like the originals, without excess baggage.

Maybe ... but they're [expletive deleted] ugly!!!!!

Keke

Seze

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on January 15, 2011, 04:01:19 PM
These were exactly my thoughts on the newer daleks.  :D

<insert spit-take here>

Seze

Quote from: Nyx on January 14, 2011, 05:54:01 AM
I just have to join in and say that I love this show. Even when they sometimes make decisions I don't like, they somehow grow on me and I start liking them anyway :)

Donna Noble was like that for me...

Kekerusey

Quote from: Seze on January 15, 2011, 11:22:19 PM<insert spit-take here>

That mean you do or don't like them? I mean I have no real objection to the colours (though one might have thought such advanced cyborgs might have had more sophisticated ways of telling each other apart), I just hated that goddamn hump on the back!

Keke