Main Menu

Falling Skies

Started by Tsa'räni, August 01, 2011, 12:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsa'räni

I'm kinda shocked not to see a discussion about Falling Skies on this board.  Am I the only fan of this show here?

Two hour season finale in one week, and I think the episodes just keep getting better and better.

Syaron

Nope....I like it too. Thought it was going to be just a shoot em up and chase movie each week but it has surprisingly shown some real promise...especially the episode on Sunday July 31 night. Nice turn of events! I like the cast overall in particualr the character of Pope. I think he is about the most realistic to me.

Syaron
Shara

Tsa'räni

What a relief!  I was seriously beginning to think I was the only person here who liked it.

I also like Pope a lot.  And I like how the show has introduced a few unexpected twists.  You would think it shouldn't be that hard with a scifi premise, but so many shows and movies fail to come up with anything surprising or fresh.

I think the my favorite part about the whole show, though, is how trying to figure out what the aliens are, how they functions, what they want, and so on, is a main focus.  That to me is very realistic and is something most often glossed over.

Syaron

Yeah! It had a really cool turn of events Sunday night! Seems things are not as they seem.

One creepy part for me is the sound that the mecha make when they are out patrolling. I was sitting alone in my home in the late evening thinking what it would be like to look out the window and see one of those things clomping down the street. The creepy factor was a bit to real for me at that point.

:o
Shara

Tsa'räni

Do you mean the clomping sound as they walk, or the sorta metallic groan they make when (I think?) they find something?

Emtokay

I think he's talking about that Metallica grown when their light turns out when they spit things, I'm about 6 episodes behind I've got them taped but dad wants to watch them too but he works at the mines and when he's home we are usually busy
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing