Favorite movie quotes

Started by Emtokay, September 26, 2011, 10:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emtokay

What's sone of your favorite movie quotes I'll start off

Jules: [Jules shoots the man on the couch] I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?
Brett: What?
Jules: What country are you from?
Brett: What? What? Wh - ?
Jules: "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What?
Jules: English, m*********er, do you speak it?
Brett: Yes! Yes!
Jules: Then you know what I'm sayin'!
Brett: Yes!
Jules: Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!
Jules: Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you m*********er, say what one more Goddamn time!
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

archaic

"Or what, Ranger Rick, you gonna shoot me?"
"I can do that."
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

Quote from: archaic on September 27, 2011, 01:34:40 AM
"I can do that."

good quote :)

here's another:
Neytiri: now you must choose your woman
this you must feel inside
If she also chooses you
Move quick like I showed
You will have one chance Jake
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you
Jake: "outstanding"

Lance R. Casey

Here're a few:

"Of my friend I can only say this: Of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human."

"My friends! You bow to no one."

Brian: "You're all individuals."
Crowd: "Yes, we are all individuals!"
Brian: "You are all different."
Crowd: "Yes, we are all different!"
One guy: "I'm not."

// Lance R. Casey

archaic

Quote from: Tsanten Eywa 'eveng on September 27, 2011, 01:40:08 AM
Quote from: archaic on September 27, 2011, 01:34:40 AM
"I can do that."

good quote :)

here's another:
Neytiri: now you must choose your woman
this you must feel inside
If she also chooses you
Move quick like I showed
You will have one chance Jake
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you
Jake: "outstanding"

*takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Emtokay

@lance "my friends you bow to no one" *turns to bow towards frodo, Sam, pipin, and merry*

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

archaic

"When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose!" 

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

"apology accepted commander" - darth vader
Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Nì'awtua Eyktan

Not to nitpick, but isn't it "Apology accepted captain Needa." srak?

"  The Book: It is important to note that suddenly, and against all probability, a Sperm Whale had been called into existence, several miles above the surface of an alien planet and since this is not a naturally tenable position for a whale, this innocent creature had very little time to come to terms with its identity. This is what it thought, as it fell:

The Whale: Ahhh! Woooh! What's happening? Who am I? Why am I here? What's my purpose in life? What do I mean by who am I? Okay okay, calm down calm down get a grip now. Ooh, this is an interesting sensation. What is it? Its a sort of tingling in my... well I suppose I better start finding names for things. Lets call it a... tail! Yeah! Tail! And hey, what's this roaring sound, whooshing past what I'm suddenly gonna call my head? Wind! Is that a good name? It'll do. Yeah, this is really exciting. I'm dizzy with anticipation! Or is it the wind? There's an awful lot of that now isn't it? And what's this thing coming toward me very fast? So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding name like 'Ow', 'Ownge', 'Round', 'Ground'! That's it! Ground! Ha! I wonder if it'll be friends with me? Hello Ground!
[dies]

The Book: Curiously the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias, as it fell, was, 'Oh no, not again.' Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly *why* the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now."

archaic

"He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy."

Tsanten Eywa 'eveng

This is so "EPIC" :) :D :D :D

"We were once a peaceful race of intelligent mechanical beings.
But then came the war, between the Autobots that fought for freedom and the Decepticons that dreamt of tyranny.
Overmatched and outnumbered, our defeat was all but certain.
But in the war's final days, one Autobot ship escaped the battle.
It was carrying a secret cargo which would have changed our planet's fate.
A desperate mission, our final hope
...A hope that vanished."

- Optimus Prime

From Transformers 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUa9rWrO9C8

Oeri Tirea Ke Lu Mawey

Sherlock Holmes: It's a matter of professional integrity! No girl wants to marry a doctor who can't tell if a man's dead or not!  ;D
I am the sea on a moonless night
Calling, falling, slipping tides
I am the leaky dripping pipes
The endless aching drops of light

I am the raindrop falling down
Always longing for the deeper ground
I am the broken, breaking seas
Even my blood finds ways to bleed

Even the rivers ways to run
Even the rain to reach the sun
Even my thirsty streams
Even in my dreams

I AM RESTLESS!

Emtokay

Private Jackson: Sir... I have an opinion on this matter.
Captain Miller: Well, by all means, share it with the squad.
Private Jackson: Well, from my way of thinking, sir, this entire mission is a serious misallocation of valuable military resources.
Captain Miller: Yeah. Go on.
Private Jackson: Well, it seems to me, sir, that God gave me a special gift, made me a fine instrument of warfare.
Captain Miller: Reiben, pay attention. Now, this is the way to gripe. Continue, Jackson.
Private Jackson: Well, what I mean by that, sir, is... if you was to put me and this here sniper rifle anywhere up to and including one mile of Adolf Hitler with a clear line of sight, sir... pack your bags, fellas, war's over. Amen.
Private Reiben: Oh, that's brilliant, bumpkin. Hey, so, Captain, what about you? I mean, you don't gripe at all?
Captain Miller: I don't gripe to *you*, Reiben. I'm a captain. There's a chain of command. Gripes go up, not down. Always up. You gripe to me, I gripe to my superior officer, so on, so on, and so on. I don't gripe to you. I don't gripe in front of you. You should know that as a Ranger.
Private Reiben: I'm sorry, sir, but uh... let's say you weren't a captain, or maybe I was a major. What would you say then?
Captain Miller: Well, in that case... I'd say, "This is an excellent mission, sir, with an extremely valuable objective, sir, worthy of my best efforts, sir. Moreover... I feel heartfelt sorrow for the mother of Private James Ryan and am willing to lay down my life and the lives of my men - especially you, Reiben - to ease her suffering."
Mellish: [chuckles] He's good.
Private Caparzo: I love him

Vur’evenge

So many favorite lines from movies.... where to begin?  ;)

"Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today."
"We tend to live in a world of certainty, of undoubted, rock-ribbed perceptions: our convictions prove that things are the way we see them and there is no alternative to what we hold as true.  This is our daily situation, our cultural condition, our common way of being human" ~ Maturana & Varela

Txantslusam Skxawng

''Why aren't we in the air yet?!''

''Because I usually drive a Cadillac.''
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Reykoveyzä te Werufalä Haflak'ite

"You're insane!"

"Yes. I am."
Irayo, ma frapo, ma oeyä smuke sì ma oeyä smukan.
Vivar 'ivong Na'vi! Eywa ayngahu!

*if i make a mistake in any of my Na'vi, please correct me :)

'Onatxan te Skxawng Tìrey'itan

I love practically every quote from V for Vendetta, but this is probably my favorite:

Quote from: VVoilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. [laughs] Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me "V".

V for Vendetta - V's introduction to Evey [CC]
Nga txo ke flä nìsngä'i, rä'ä kivä Eywa'evengne! ;)

Emtokay

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof!

GREAT SCENE - V for Vendetta

Seze Mune

Detective Del Spooner: [to Dr. Lanning's cat] Look, I understand you have experienced a loss, but this relationship just can't work. I mean, you're a cat. I'm black. I'm not going to be hurt again. ~ From I, Robot.