Harry Potter Movies

Started by Txur’Itan, November 18, 2010, 08:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kekerusey

Loved it! Very dark, kinda depressing but (having read the book) a very good setup for the finale!

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

MaTe

enjoyed the movie and looking at fans before it started - A thought came to mind that I should definitely come to Avatar 2 opening... though I think I would have to be "that painted guy"
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Txantslusam Skxawng

I'm not sure if I'm going to see, but I also want to see New Kids Turbo ^^
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Wow, just saw it today and it's safe to say my expectations were exceeded. It was so much better than the last one and it's become my favorite one so far. My only gripe (and totally obvious one when you hear it) is the ending, but even that was pulled off better than expected.

Actually 2 gripes I guess and it's an actual spoiler so don't look if you haven't seen it.

The last book was the only one I hadn't read so it was a real surprise for me.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Ekirä

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on November 26, 2010, 11:19:34 PM
Wow, just saw it today and it's safe to say my expectations were exceeded. It was so much better than the last one and it's become my favorite one so far. My only gripe (and totally obvious one when you hear it) is the ending, but even that was pulled off better than expected.

Actually 2 gripes I guess and it's an actual spoiler so don't look if you haven't seen it.

Don't read spoiler unless you want to be spoiled about the book and movie.

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Quote from: Ekirä on November 26, 2010, 11:30:30 PM
Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on November 26, 2010, 11:19:34 PM

Don't read spoiler unless you want to be spoiled about the book and movie.

Must...resist...reading....spoilers!!!! ;)

Arantele

Quote from: Ekirä on November 21, 2010, 12:43:11 PM
Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on November 21, 2010, 12:25:58 PM
I plan on seeing this one but I'm definitely not holding my breath, in my experience the movies seem to be getting gradually more disappointing especially the last one. It felt like it moved way to fast and when it finally got to an exciting part it was like BAM over...

I actually think they're getting better as they deal with the darker books. Movies 1, 2, 3 were kind of meh, 4 was awful (IMO) but 5 and 6 were just awesome, same with 7 PI. I have to agree with them skimming pretty quickly over the exciting parts, though.

I always thought the first 2 movies were the most "magical" of all of them... Afterwords they got a bit more "realistic" and went the darker route.. but I think thats what had to happen.. I didn't read the books until last year.... I'm still waiting to see the deathly hallows... I wanted things to quiet down at the theaters before the girl and I go see it... Last time I went to see harry potter on an opening night was the 4th one... and I kid you not there were people trying to play quidditch in the theater, and in the parking lot..

Ekirä

Quote from: Arantele on November 27, 2010, 08:49:55 AM
I always thought the first 2 movies were the most "magical" of all of them... Afterwords they got a bit more "realistic" and went the darker route..

Absolutely....and the books are the same as the movie. Book 4 is basically the turning point from when they're going from light to dark. IMO it's not as light as 3, but it's not as dark as 5.

And I like the darker movies a lot better. For one, the trio got WAY better at acting, and for two, it just makes it a more serious and believable movie.

archaic

I've not seen Deathly Hallows part 1 yet either, to many bills, to much gift shopping to pay for, to many Avatar goodies to get, but payday's soon, so maybe next week.
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Txantslusam Skxawng

Quote from: archaic on November 27, 2010, 12:20:22 PM
I've not seen Deathly Hallows part 1 yet either, to many bills, to much gift shopping to pay for, to many Avvtar goodies to get, but payday's soon, so maybe next week.
Same here, but I got about €100,- to spend, actually more, but I think, €100,- to buy gifts for 3 people ( dad, mom and sister ) is just enough. This year I spend more then often, since I usually spend like in total €60,-, but now that I have work, I can and I will spend more.

And one Christmas, 2 years ago, I had just €20,- !!!! So I had bought all of those €1,- gifts, cheap thingies :P

But back on topic, I might see this movie, I just need to have some free time to be able see it in the cinema, because of tests for exams and stuff
WirelessTsaheylu=Bluetooth
Inventor of the word NARF

Arantele

I like the fact that the movies are getting "darker" personally... And now that filming is over for the entire series I find it a tad funny that emma watson has cut all of her hair off and now has super super short hair... but then again these kids are set up for life now that they've made a dumptruck full of money..

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I'm curious as to what's going to happen with their careers. I'm sure most people remember what happened to the cast of the original Star Wars trilogy (except for Harrison Ford of course)
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Arantele

Unfortunitly after spending 8+ years on the harry potter films....I think theyre typecasted now...

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on November 28, 2010, 03:40:28 PM
I'm curious as to what's going to happen with their careers. I'm sure most people remember what happened to the cast of the original Star Wars trilogy (except for Harrison Ford of course)

Many of the HP cast are/were established actors, and have had their careers elevated by the success of these movies.  They will likely remain friends with these kids and offer advice if they don't have superfluous egos anchoring them to the coat tales of HP.  We probably will not see them together in another movie for a very long time, or something sporadically casting them together offhandedly.

私は太った男だ。