Harry Potter Movies

Started by Txur’Itan, November 18, 2010, 08:10:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txur’Itan

I have seen them all.

I am not embarrassed to say that I have found them entertaining.

I will be Seeing Deathly Hallows tonight at a local midnight showing.
私は太った男だ。

Ekirä

Finally! A thread for HP fans!!!! ;D

Going to see HP7I tomorrow at 5:55pm. I'll be waiting in line for 3 hours.... ::) And it will be so worth it.

Tsäroltxe te Eyrutì Tantse'itan

Arantele

Hehehehe... I've been to all of the midnight releases of each harry potter movie... I always get a kick out of watching the hardcore fans dress up and play quidditch in the middle of the theatre parking lot... Alas I can't make it tonight... And whats worse is that its my one year with my girlfriend and she wanted to go as well... but both of us don't have the extra money to spend at the moment...

ahhhh, oh well... will probably see it next week...

Dreamlight

I have seen the movies.  They're not as good as the books (you just can't cram a three hundred thousand word novel into a two or three hour movie) but they do have their merits.
http://www.reverbnation.com/inkubussukkubus
"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

Emtokay

off to see it in 1hr and 19min

I'm a great HP fan, love all the movies and books. I don't do the cosplay though
If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Txur’Itan

I am so harry headed that I pretty much zip up my Jacket, and presto, I am Hagrid...

Almost. 

私は太った男だ。

Ekirä

Quote from: Dreamlight on November 18, 2010, 11:54:04 PM
I have seen the movies.  They're not as good as the books (you just can't cram a three hundred thousand word novel into a two or three hour movie) but they do have their merits.

I definitely agree with that, and the books just have SO much more in them than the movies. I'm really glad they are splitting 7 into two parts, they just couldn't fit everything into one movie......

Plus, it's yet another movie before the whole series is over. ;D

Kì'eyawn

My roomie and i were just talking about the new movie.  We're waiting 'til tomorrow to see it so we can get a big group of friends together.  I was going to wear my Slytherin student uniform, but we're talking about going bowling after the movie, so maybe i'll just wear my Snape t-shirt and my Slytherin tie...
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Fra'uri tìyawnur oe täpivìng nìwotx...

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Kì'eyawn on November 19, 2010, 09:37:59 AM
My roomie and i were just talking about the new movie.  We're waiting 'til tomorrow to see it so we can get a big group of friends together.  I was going to wear my Slytherin student uniform, but we're talking about going bowling after the movie, so maybe i'll just wear my Snape t-shirt and my Slytherin tie...

Go bowling in the school uniforms, and get pics.
私は太った男だ。

Kì'eyawn

Quote from: Txur'Itan on November 19, 2010, 12:14:50 PM

I think i might trip over the robe, but we'll see ;)
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Kì'eyawn on November 19, 2010, 12:19:48 PM
Quote from: Txur'Itan on November 19, 2010, 12:14:50 PM

I think i might trip over the robe, but we'll see ;)

Hike it up to the knees and safety pin it.
私は太った男だ。

Kekerusey

Slutìsraw ulte oe karyä trray ... oe fpil 'u laryu txantsan :)

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Ekirä

OMG it was epic. ;D ;D ;D And my group got there early enough to get excellent seats. ;D

And now we wait. For July. 15th.

Foreeeeever.......

Kì'eyawn

I'm going at 12:20 today.  Zomg, sooo excited! *bounces happily*

But i have to go to the grocery store first.  Pxasìk.  >:(
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Ekirä

Quote from: Kì'eyawn on November 20, 2010, 08:27:42 AM
I'm going at 12:20 today.  Zomg, sooo excited! *bounces happily*

But i have to go to the grocery store first.  Pxasìk.  >:(

It's just another way to pass the time.... ::) 3 hours felt so short waiting in line. But the last ten minutes were torturous.....

Emtokay

I hated and loved the ending because...

So, 6 months till the next one

If Nothing In This World Can Change Our Children Will Inherit Nothing

Ekirä

Quote from: Emtokay on November 21, 2010, 08:02:16 AM

I hated and loved the ending because...

So, 6 months till the next one

8 months until the next one. :P July 15th.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I plan on seeing this one but I'm definitely not holding my breath, in my experience the movies seem to be getting gradually more disappointing especially the last one. It felt like it moved way to fast and when it finally got to an exciting part it was like BAM over...
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Ekirä

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on November 21, 2010, 12:25:58 PM
I plan on seeing this one but I'm definitely not holding my breath, in my experience the movies seem to be getting gradually more disappointing especially the last one. It felt like it moved way to fast and when it finally got to an exciting part it was like BAM over...

I actually think they're getting better as they deal with the darker books. Movies 1, 2, 3 were kind of meh, 4 was awful (IMO) but 5 and 6 were just awesome, same with 7 PI. I have to agree with them skimming pretty quickly over the exciting parts, though.